Rule #10

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

J_A_S_U_M

Rule #10

Post by J_A_S_U_M »

Rule #10 Has become an absolutely useless rule! Will you say why? because the game has an ignore button! If you do not like offensive communication and threats on your side you can throw in ignore the offender !!! You must understand that with the advent of the ignore button, rule 10 has become absolutely useless. the ignore button and rule #10 contradicts the course of the game itself !!! Dear developers , you should completely rewrite the whole rule . the functions and operation of the game have changed a lot, but the rules are the same!My suggestion is to rewrite all the rules of the game so that they correspond to the functions of the game !!!
Leone

Re: Rule #10

Post by Leone »

Absolutely disagree with this. Children play this game and should not be subjected to the language that rule 10 refers to.

Furthermore, some of the absolutely vile things that have been said by some deserve an outright ban.

There are other games out there that tolerate such language, but this one doesn't.

The responsibility is on players to obey the rules. Fail to do so with rule 10 and be prepared to be muted, or worse.
magic girl

Post by magic girl »

I don't understand it . I cannot ignore player in game?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

magic girl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:48 pm I don't understand it . I cannot ignore player in game?
You can tap on a player and one of the options is to ignore.

The suggestion here won't go anywhere though.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

This is EXACTLY the sort of reason rule 10 exists:

viewtopic.php?p=142268#p142268

Going back to your original idea, you could always ignore him using the ingame ignore option, but that completely misses the point. The other player said something offensive and should be punished for it.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

J_A_S_U_M wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:45 pm Rule #10 Has become an absolutely useless rule!
Rule 10 is as valid today as it was when it was written and even the update to Rule 10 is valid.

You have completely misunderstood the reason tor the "Ignore" hand. The red "hand" is probably Comp's sense of humour coming out from the 90's phrase, "Talk to the hand". Which basically means "I'm not listening to you" or a sarcastic way of saying "I do not want to hear what you are saying." So if there is a player that repeatedly says stupid or silly things, or is spamming you with "gold plz" you can choose to ignore them. The rest of the players can still see what that person is saying. Nothing to do with profanity, which is a reportable offence and "that" player gets muted and NO ONE has to listen to his or her profanity again.

Ignore: You chose who you do not want to hear.
Mute: The GM team chooses who will not talk any more, except to friends.

That's the difference,
Last edited by LostKnight on Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
magic girl

Post by magic girl »

Ty lostKnight ^^ & SellSword^^
"I thought I"ll be muted for ignoring other players who were annoying "
Leone
"Some people are too much of bullying type"
GM ll take care of them believe in them
Ty again ^^
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

Leone wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:36 pm Absolutely disagree with this. Children play this game and should not be subjected to the language that rule 10 refers to.

Furthermore, some of the absolutely vile things that have been said by some deserve an outright ban.

There are other games out there that tolerate such language, but this one doesn't.

The responsibility is on players to obey the rules. Fail to do so with rule 10 and be prepared to be muted, or worse.
I also absolutely disagree with this
Using the ignore button works but it doesn't really fix the problem especially when your witness. The problem isn't that someone needs to ignore...the problem is someone needs to shut their mouth. If you have a foul mouth you end up mute. If you ever really foul mouth you end up permanently mute. New or young players don't need to hear your foul mouth if you are the one who has a problem. For huge disrespect and sexual harassment even more than mute is needed. For example a real life death threat ( I've seen happen ) would be unexcusable and not tolerated. Ft should be a safe and positive environment for anyone to play
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
J_A_S_U_M

Post by J_A_S_U_M »

Cleopatra wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:45 pm
Leone wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:36 pm Absolutely disagree with this. Children play this game and should not be subjected to the language that rule 10 refers to.

I also absolutely disagree with this
Using the ignore button works but it doesn't really fix the problem especially when your witness. The problem isn't that someone needs to ignore...the problem is someone needs to shut their mouth. If you have a foul mouth you end up mute. If you ever really foul mouth you end up permanently mute. New or young players don't need to hear your foul mouth if you are the one who has a problem. For huge disrespect and sexual harassment even more than mute is needed. For example a real life death threat ( I've seen happen ) would be unexcusable and not tolerated. Ft should be a safe and positive environment for anyone to play
if so, then you need to remove the ignore button since it does not solve the problem.
Syor

Post by Syor »

J_A_S_U_M wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 pm
Cleopatra wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:45 pm
if so, then you need to remove the ignore button since it does not solve the problem.
[/quote]

I use the ignore button (for example) in map 0.0 with big talkers who crowd my chat.
The ignore button for me is very useful for "ignoring" annoying and annoying people (like with constant requests for gifts).

For bad words there is a rule to respect, and that should not be ignored but denounced.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun