Merit based quests for tools

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Merit based quests for tools

Post by Gullander »

As it is the growth of our character in FT is based upon doing quests and fighting monsters for xp. When we reach certain levels we are rewarded by being able to wear new gear and also new quests and areas open up to us because of a level requirement.

Here is my thought which I present for discussion.

Why not make the acquisition of +4 tools possible based on merit like gear and quest opportunities are?

Reach a certain mining level then have a quest open to get a +4 pickaxe. The same for chopping, building, and fishing.

One advantage of this over present system of getting tools is it isn't based on your ability to kill a boss monster which tends to favor higher level accts and would not require a tremendous amount of gold which most players cannot afford. It is completely based upon your willingness to work to earn it. Unlike buying levels to raise a players level there isn't any short cut to this. You can't get your skill levels increased but only by playing the game and putting in the time.

Some may think this would give an unfair advantage to long term players who have developed high skill levels, but in this case the time and effort already given to skill advancement shows their dedication to these skills.

So any opinions? Bad idea? Unfair to present tool +4 owners? Great idea to level opportunity for all players?
Retired
merisajan

Re: Merit based quests for tools

Post by merisajan »

I very much agree
I made this offer a long time ago
And I wrote a text for Quest that some people found very difficult
But in the end we got the ability to build tools +4
we need for this skill very hard work 😉
we need such thing in the game
🌸💞
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Kotru6

Post by Kotru6 »

the idea is not bad, but what will happen with those skills that do not swing for work, I mean craft, ballists ...
my accounts:
kotru6
kotru666
kotru3
kotru7
BiG_BoN
haos31
Leone

Post by Leone »

A very decent idea. I like the thought of earning through merit, time and effort.

There are no +2 or +3 tools for crafting or sieging, so introducing a +4 seems unlikely.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I like it. I can see this happening. :)
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Great idea! :)
Syor

Post by Syor »

very favorable.
Bravo Gullander.

I was thinking about the bonuses / penalties of each race

It would be easier for me to have a pickaxe and not a fishing rod.

But I think that's okay, in short, it's okay to have greater difficulties with certain objects
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Death Worm

Post by Death Worm »

Why do many agree with this idea? It does not make sense and will only complicate the already long extraction of resources, if this happens I will give my fishing rod +4 free, because they don't make sense to me anymore. And then how to solve the problem with skill levels that made months or several years in the game? Disagree
Death Worm[1170] - Jailed
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The last two posts bring up a good point as there already is a disparity between classes for different skills. As such for instance a dwarf at a low fishing affinity skill would need to spend much more time reaching a level goal than an ogre with a high affinity skill to have the same opportunity for a level +4 rod. It is making the strong stronger where the lowly dwarf needs the extra speed a +4 tool gives to even things out a bit.

I still like the concept of having to work to earn a tool but am not sure there is a solution to make all classes have the same opportunity for equal amount of work done. The only thing I can think of at the moment which might be impossible to implement would be a graduated level. For instance let's say level 10 opens a quest to a 1 affinity class...so make under 1 affinity require level 9 to open the quest and over 1 affinity requires level 11.

The other way would be by players actual level, which would make it even but reinserts the possibility of buying levels which defeats the whole idea of the OP to be based on merit.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Well a mathematical formula could be created that would even the playing field for each of the +4 tools.

After all computers & math go together like glove & hand
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.