Leone

Re: New skills!

Post by Leone »

Can you still sow seeds on clan maps?

Building issue resolved.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Melkor wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:05 pm Now if we can make bagles, milk the cows to make cream cheese, and catch salmon
to make lox, we have a great breakfast.
Hahaha..you have an excellent idea! :D

I can't help thinking about picking coffee beans around the mountainous areas of FT and maybe bringing them to some monks to roast them and add a delicious brew to the breakfast idea! :lol:

It is nice to have new things to do in the game to appeal to different likes of our players.

My only concern or comment is if they become mandatory instead of optional. If they are a bonus to existing stats that's great but if there is a loss because someone doesn't do it or they have to do it to play beyond a certain point (ie. You are hungry and must eat before proceeding) then I think some serious thought needs to be done as that would make the work load hard on those with limited play time.

I think the option to roast fish would be a nice addition and a way to catch a rabbit or other wandering beast of FT! :D
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I have to admit I am at a loss as to how digging up graves is an enhancement to Forgotten Tales.
Other than the fact grave robbing gives higher level gear than fishing.
IMHO: That should not happen, they should be the same.

Gear: LvL +10% up to 499

And planting seeds, making bread is an enhancement to Forgotten Tales.

We are becoming grave robbers and farmers? :|
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

i couldn t imagine to see this day in my favourite game,honestly

btw .. i kill monsters .. it s my game
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If people want to sow seeds, harvest crops, and make food they can do so. If people think they are lousy things then don't bother with it. It's like clans or PvP where it's part of the game, but not everyone has to partake.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Sipahi

Post by Sipahi »

The shovel came to the game, it's very nice. It's really fun, but it's the same mentality as fishing. The difference can be found in 2k products. adapt it to the fish, then you don't need a shovel. Then the spade that comes into play is useless. It would be a myth if the upcoming new items were something containing the main ingredient.
Now the farm has arrived. We are making bread. We sow, we wait, then we reap. It takes a lot of time. So what do we get in return for all this time? We haven't digested the shovel yet. The farm is not a novelty suitable for the format of this game. In my opinion, it is unnecessary.
The unnecessary thing makes it heavy, it stays in place, it is necessary to throw away the excess. There is no point in drowning people in details.

Niyet Hayır Akıbet Hayır

Sipahi
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Let me add this one comment. Whether we like new items, new features, new maps, or new quest content we must not lose sight of one thing. That is time and effort are still being put into game play! We are fortunate who have played FT long term to grow along with the game. Do I like everything? Some I like less than others but it isn't stagnant. In fact the time between new game options has lessened and before too long now there is something new to do or to ignore if we don't care for it, but at least an option exists. Maybe the bread and digging can be incorporated later into more exciting game play. Maybe there is a famine among the fairies or freyas and they need bread and are willing to give a nice reward. Maybe the residents of FT or Sebastius get upset about the grave robbing and new quests appear to make peace with them. Maybe there is a few hidden graves about FT where a notable warrior or mage is hidden and this introduces a new item to the game to acquire. Time will tell what value these new skills could be used for.
Retired
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

LostKnight wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:08 pm I have to admit I am at a loss as to how digging up graves is an enhancement to Forgotten Tales.
Other than the fact grave robbing gives higher level gear than fishing.
IMHO: That should not happen, they should be the same.

Gear: LvL +10% up to 499

And planting seeds, making bread is an enhancement to Forgotten Tales.

We are becoming grave robbers and farmers? :|
i think combatant is sending us to the hell :lol: coz we are robbing so many graves.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

those new skills are good i think...why not...
mostly i like speed growing seeds to be added.so all classes will be able to run fast.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

How about this as a use for the shovel.
In a grave or as a drop...a treasure map!
I sends you to some location, you dig, and you find a treasure.
What you find I leave up to the staff to determine.
But it offers another side quest to add to play.