FT 8.19.0 beta

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: FT 8.19.0 beta

Post by LostKnight »

cotne7 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:59 pm {snip} ...maybe it will be better if we can purchase items as logged in as well logged out
Agree.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SK1976 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:10 pm How long monsters appearing if we logged out !
After 1 minute of logging out i logged again, and monsters where still there and killed my 2nd red pet. Whats that ???

I thought after 11 sec. all will disappearing !
I'm guessing here:
You lost a pet and went to buy one from the new online system.
It looks like while making a purchase your character is still considered online as if you were playing him.
- monsters can attack?
- can continue to attack and kill your pets and you?
- What about AFK popups?

But if you hit the chest to make a purchase and the game considers you "logged out" is there still the 11 second rule OR
if its like going into a house or shop "pvp free" a safe zone
- does that stop mops attacking as well?

I see abuse problems with that one.

I think the old system: Log out, make a purchase and then log back in should be reinstated,
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

I agree : :roll:
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Yes, thats it !!!

Not only monsters can kill us if we buy anything...no, other players can atk us too i think.

It needs a change....not a change like if we are in a house...no ! ... to buy anything we need logged off ! This ingame function is too danger for pets or accs.

If we can not see what happens if we are busy with buying, than we can loose pets or if we get atked, we can loose gears too :(

To buy anything it is necessary to be off !!!

All other settings are very good, like icon sice or effects ingame !

PLEASE make purchases only available if we logged of !

I know its safer for acc-purchases, but not for playing !

Kind regard ... SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Monsters or players can kill people while they are checking their backpack or sending a message too. Since purchases are available within the game it literally means you are playing the game at the time you purchase.

Still, I'm not sure if it is necessary to have within the game. I don't know if there are many situations where an immediate purchase is needed without taking 30 seconds to log out and back in.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

i thnk the 1st reason why it is ingame now is that there are not getting problems with purchases at an acc by compbatant. It makes it easier for him.
I remember many players reported that they bought pets and not received them. Mostely it is because a wrong letter in the acc name...per example "SK19752" not "SK19762". Now this system is more easier. The acc who buy it have it ! that cause no problems any longer with purchases.
But the problem like i have written is still a problem that should be solved ! I think this problem with loosing anything at a purchase will frusting players again. Remember in some countries pets costs are very expensive, and they working for pets long days in this game on farming gold or build in a clan.

That should be more outworked i think :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

The problem is that we are still online and we can not see what goes if we do a purchasement !
DUKE of SK-Clan
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

This is meant to be an upgrade and it is really.

I almost always make purchases after thinking about it and am on a PVP free zone with low level monsters like at 0.0. That hasn't changed.

But it does provide the option of doing it anywhere without leaving your current activity and to receive your item immediately instead of the potential delay with the old system (if that is how it now works..still waiting for a confirmation though I assume this is the reason for this update). Any time we check our backpack we check the mini map for other players if we are concerned about pvp. If we plan on chatting with a friend we might stop an auto spawn for safety. I can't see how this is much different. We can still make a purchase in a safe place if we want, or we can be quick if a familiar purchase anywhere, or pause things if we will need to think about a selection.

Pressing for the purchase option is always a choice and is no more dangerous than other choices we make in the game about location, spawn size, or presence of other players. Be wise, but have the freedom to buy at anytime and at any place without having to log out.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Some times may be better than others for this.
Screenshot_20220603-085506_Forgotten Tales.jpg
Screenshot_20220603-085506_Forgotten Tales.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3150 times
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

Gullander wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:06 pm This is meant to be an upgrade and it is really.

I almost always make purchases after thinking about it and am on a PVP free zone with low level monsters like at 0.0. That hasn't changed.

But it does provide the option of doing it anywhere without leaving your current activity and to receive your item immediately instead of the potential delay with the old system (if that is how it now works..still waiting for a confirmation though I assume this is the reason for this update). Any time we check our backpack we check the mini map for other players if we are concerned about pvp. If we plan on chatting with a friend we might stop an auto spawn for safety. I can't see how this is much different. We can still make a purchase in a safe place if we want, or we can be quick if a familiar purchase anywhere, or pause things if we will need to think about a selection.

Pressing for the purchase option is always a choice and is no more dangerous than other choices we make in the game about location, spawn size, or presence of other players. Be wise, but have the freedom to buy at anytime and at any place without having to log out.
I have written about a normal situation in my text before.
A pet died by monsters, and all items from pets bag appeared on screen. The time runs till they all disappearing. That is the problem. Earlier we could log out to buy a new pet to collect the lost items again. Now the time runs in a purchasement and the items diappeared before you where ready with a purchasement and activation of the new pet in hope to collect the lost items. Do you know what i mean. Not the purchasement is the problem, The problem is the time we cant do anything and that time runs. The 2ns pet is still surrounded by monsters too at the time we are trying to buy a new pet, and the 2nd will die into that time too. That means...we will loose both pets. I know that we can log out and we can wait maybe 3 minutes that monsters will disappear and relog to do a purchasement, but that is not the normal way to do a purchasement i think :)
I think this way like me many players have problems with purchases of pets.
I know that NOW the assignment of purchases is exactly , because the logged player will get the buyed item now for sure, but for players who are playing...idk if this is better now.
Its only an experience of myself and i write it here, because i think earlier system was a little bit better !

SK :)
DUKE of SK-Clan