Increase forum activity-Contests

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mr_Maks

Increase forum activity-Contests

Post by Mr_Maks »

There isn't really anything fun going on on the forum to make people want to participate and post here but that can be fixed and my idea is... contests.

One of this competition will be to stimulate the registration of new people on the forum, and the difficulty lies in the fact that for him GM will have to check the winners of the contest to see if their account is new and if they had an old account and created a new one to prevent abuse the contest for newcomers to the forum.
And so let's move on to the essence of the implementation of these competitions and examples of awards.
The ideas of the contests can be multifaceted, ranging from the usual questions about how well you know the game, but I will focus on everyone's desire GM who want players to read and follow the rules of the game.
An example and procedure for such a competition:
1)One of GM creates topic for the players with questions to which they will have to answer.
2)An example of such a question might be:"What paragraph of the rule forbidden to abuse a glitch or a bug"?
The correct answer will be 8 or the answer to the question of the competition is paragraph 8 of the rules of the game .It doesn’t matter if the answer was short or long, the main thing is that it is correct.
And it is not necessary that these be questions only according to the rules of the game, such questions can be according to the rules of the forum.
3)At first i've been thinking I thought that the answers should be in the post, but there is no logic in this, since after the first correct answer, everyone else will not need to look for the rule and they will simply copy the answer.
That is why for contests, new forum users will have to answer the question of the contest either in pm to GM who created it either in GM inbox or a new account GM for the competition.
4)I’ll structure a little and put the previous points together.
GM create a contest for the purpose of registering new users on the forum.New users must see this contest in order to participate.How can he do it?If the system notification several times a day will announce this in the game, I think they will see it and become interested, but the question remains how are they supposed to find the very post with the contest?It is difficult to navigate the forum when you are on it for the first time, but at least everyone will see the mini-chat button and be able to open it.I think for the duration of the contest it should be turned off for use by everyone except GM so that the rest do not spam.
That is why the system notification in the game should look something like this:Greetings FT players,the game forum is now hosting a competition for new registered forum users by participating in which you can win valuable prizes.You can find it pass on the link in minichat from GM inbox.
5)Competition awards and options for choosing winners and their number as well as the timing of the competition.
The rewards can be different but they must be really interesting for the players to start mastering the forum.As for me, such rewards should either be from what all players need or some new things from future updates.Example:you can choose 1 tool +4 by choice or you can choose a reward between 2 pets or an extra bag.
The number of winners can be from 1 to 5 at the discretion of GM but i would choose more winners so that more players can receive an award and their efforts in mastering the forum and rules are rewarded.
The time of the contest, I think, should be 24-48 hours after which the personal messages of the account running the contest should be closed.
After GM will delete all messages with the wrong answer and will also punish players who spammed the answer more than 2 times if it was 2 times can limit to a just warning.As well as checking the winners' accounts to see when their accounts were created and whether they have other old accounts and also whether they used several accounts to increase the chance of winning.This can also be done from the player by asking him the nickname for which he will ask for a gift,because this will give even more information and it will be much easier to understand whether this account is new or old.If it is old, then this is a violation of the conditions of the competition and such a participant will not be able to receive an award, and the choice of another winner must be re-selected.
The selection of the winners themselves.You can do this by typing in any wheel randomizer all nicknames of the winners and do whell as many times as there are winners in the contest.

Hope you like this idea.Also, such contests can be held not only for new registered users of the forum, but also for old ones, so that they re-read the rules of the game from time to time, observe them and receive an awards for exemplary behavior.
SellSword

Re: Increase forum activity-Contests

Post by SellSword »

I'm generally in favor of promoting the forum. I think that new forum accounts might be difficult to keep track of though as far as whether one is related to an existing account.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Great idea. There are ten years of forum posts to refer back to and so plenty of scope for this.
Akkilles

Post by Akkilles »

Great idea and can definitely be a motivating competition for everyone to learn the rules. However, I think adding an NPC in the game that can inform that this competition exists in the forum and instead of items or pets as a prize, you win levels.
-=ADMIN.Akkilles=-
👉 Currently retired 👈 --> I hope everyone the best in life.

With great
power

Comes great
Responsibility

Useful link:
GAME RULES
Forum Rules
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Akkilles wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:14 pm Great idea and can definitely be a motivating competition for everyone to learn the rules. However, I think adding an NPC in the game that can inform that this competition exists in the forum and instead of items or pets as a prize, you win levels.
If reward are levels, I think it's better to make 5-10 winners and for each winner 10 levels reward.So that more players enjoy the competition than if it were 1 place 30 levels 2nd get 20 and 3rd get 10 in which players will think that the chance of their victory is extremely small and fewer will participate in the following contests.
It is possible for the first competition to make even about 20 winners so that more players want to participate in them, but these are just thoughts.Because it can also encourage those who will create new accounts to try to get more rewards.Always when you want the best you need to look for a middle ground.

Good luck with the creating competitions and I'm glad that my idea was able to interest GM.I also hope that she will be able to interest, including players, in undertakings on the forum.
To be honest, I remembered the idea of ​​the contests from the VKontakte group, which used to be official and had GM ft Insiders who was its creator.He periodically held all sorts of various competitions, but I don’t even remember what they were because they were so long ago when I first started playing ft.I only remember that I was interested in participating in them and several times I even managed to win them, what made the game more interesting for me these contests were combined with the usual events in the game with enhanced experience mobs that were held at the location with the yellow archers.It's was nice to remember the old days and based on them I made a ft contests suitable for the present times.
J_A_S_U_M

Post by J_A_S_U_M »

Personally, my opinion, I think the players will not be interested in this :/ this means that a player who knows the game well will be able to bypass the quest and win the contest easily!Better add quests with riddles where you really need to unravel the mysteries of our FT world!Players will be interested in this , as well as increase activity ! And contests are free levels for players with experience !
J_A_S_U_M

Post by J_A_S_U_M »

Quest with riddles! That's what is missing in our world of FT!
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

J_A_S_U_M wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:23 pm Personally, my opinion, I think the players will not be interested in this :/ this means that a player who knows the game well will be able to bypass the quest and win the contest easily!Better add quests with riddles where you really need to unravel the mysteries of our FT world!Players will be interested in this , as well as increase activity ! And contests are free levels for players with experience !
Read the idea again, it says that you can use different types of contests, one of which requires only knowledge of the game rules that players accept when entering the game by clicking the checkmark, and the winner is determined randomly by the roulette wheel in which the players will be entered answering a question correctly everyone will have an equal chance to win.Of course, if they not getting disqualified for multiple repeated answers or creating new forum accounts to increase chances of winning.
justj99

Post by justj99 »

The only problem with quests with riddles can be that they don't always translate well to different languages. It's very tricky to do I think. I'm all for it, but many hints wouldn't make sense after being translated to another language.
J_A_S_U_M

Post by J_A_S_U_M »

justj99 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:00 am The only problem with quests with riddles can be that they don't always translate well to different languages. It's very tricky to do I think. I'm all for it, but many hints wouldn't make sense after being translated to another language.
so in this case we need a translator:D