Armor and new items

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mr_Maks

Armor and new items

Post by Mr_Maks »

I want to explain for the characteristics of the armor for content makers or GM who will deal with statistics for them.
But before explaining about the armor, I will explain about the dex, which most people already know but not completely.
When you have +6 dex monsters and players stop hitting you, everyone knows that right?But does everyone know that the armor stat is useless on monsters when you have a dex higher than 6 if you have 999999999 armor you will still receive 1 hit of pure critical damage in a random interval 1-20 hits from mob.
But in pvp everything is different, that's why the armor statistic is more of a pvp characteristic than a pve one, because the pve characteristic is a dex.

Here are some examples that I will base on 1k level and two players.
And so let's imagine an ogre and a sword whose total str (strength from equipment 8000+statistics per level 1000 each level get 2 point so it=2000)
And so both of them got 10,000 damage and now imagine that they have 10000 armor from gear and the ogre dex is +6 higher than the swordsman.
In this scenario, the ogre does not deal normal damage, but if he applies use double damage skill, he will deal 10000 damage and the swordsman with his ability pure critical damage will be able to deal the same amount of damage.
But now imagine a dwarf against one of them if in a conditionally new gear 3500 or 4k or 5k there will be such statistics where the character's damage is equal to the character's armor.I think everyone already understood the dwarf will deal 0 damage because he has no pvp abilities.

The armor of the gear should not exceed the summed STR that the player can get by adding the characteristics received for the levels, because this will have a bad effect on the game and in pvp only damage from character abilities and no damage from regular hits until as you get more levels and compensate for your inability to deal damage with received statistics per level and yes the player can fix it in this way but such inequality when the same dwarf needs to up a few thousand more levels for him to start make damage if the armor of the gear becomes too high.

Armor stats from gear should be around 65-75% from the total statistics of damage from the statistics received by the player for the level and from the gear.
I think now someone will think yes, you can just increase the damage on weapons and other items, but no, this is not a solution.
By greatly increasing the damage of the gear, you get a huge superiority over the players of a lower level, yes items should strengthen the character, but the damage should not increase too extreme and therefore kromelg was reduced stats of 2k gear which at that time were too strong but now he would definitely not be happy to see the stats of 1500 gear some of which are stronger than 3k
1500 pants got more armor than 3k and also got 5% magic resistance out of nowhere when 2k and 3k don't have it.I did not look at the rest of the gear 1500 level, but most likely in all 1500 gear this error was made which exceeds the armor.And I noticed this because all 3k + players wear 1500 pants and improve them with a donated item, instead of 3k pants,this is not correct and this should not be.
300 amulet gained 5% magic resist when other amulets has no resistance and only 2k amulet has 3% and 3k has 5%.

I understand the desire of content makers to do something of their own and in a new way, but as for me, what Kromelg did was an absolute balance and it did not respect all his works that he brought to the game if contentmaker own way and completely ignoring his decisions that brought the players a pretty cool pvp balance that all players were happy.
1500 gear couldn't affect the game much because there were 2 other generations of items but if the next gear above 3k will get the same extreme stats not guided by the stats presented by Kromelg can significantly change the balance of the game, which will strengthen some classes and weaken others.
Ayoub

Re: Armor and new items

Post by Ayoub »

Add that the mage classe stronger than other caractères with this actual items even if he is lower lvl . so the idea of making the items lower str ll give mage more power like before. if this idea ll applie i suggest to give mage 1or 2hits/s cus already mage is powerfull imagine other classes low arm and resist…

-u said arm is not important and u give exemple sword vs ogre(+6 dex) both 10k arm/str . Ogre ll win in this battle . why cus Ur formula about arm it’s wrong cus 10k str can still hit 10k arm . Sword wont get 10k str reduce from his hp but ll get low ( 1k …2k …500…) but the ogre hit cus he is higher dex (try it in test server) . And if both use skills ogre ll have extra dmg means 10k+ (13k.14k…) sword ll hit pure 10k dmg when he use skill only .
Same thing for dwarf he can hit to if he is more 6dex he just slow cus his skills not helping in pvp .

-Only solution i see its adding new pvp/graind skills to eash classe (some ckasses need graind skill and others need pvp skill)

-am agree with any updates can make fair pvp and pve skills between classes . But from ur ideas i see only mage ll benefit from them and get more power . Tnx for sharing this ideas hope creators can make all satisfied
#We're all in the same game, just different levels#
#Dealing with the same hell, just different devils#

#Calmness is the cradle of power#
Mr_Maks

Re: Armor and new items

Post by Mr_Maks »

Ayoub wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:23 pm Add that the mage classe stronger than other caractères with this actual items even if he is lower lvl . so the idea of making the items lower str ll give mage more power like before. if this idea ll applie i suggest to give mage 1or 2hits/s cus already mage is powerfull imagine other classes low arm and resist…

-u said arm is not important and u give exemple sword vs ogre(+6 dex) both 10k arm/str . Ogre ll win in this battle . why cus Ur formula about arm it’s wrong cus 10k str can still hit 10k arm . Sword wont get 10k str reduce from his hp but ll get low ( 1k …2k …500…) but the ogre hit cus he is higher dex (try it in test server) . And if both use skills ogre ll have extra dmg means 10k+ (13k.14k…) sword ll hit pure 10k dmg when he use skill only .
Same thing for dwarf he can hit to if he is more 6dex he just slow cus his skills not helping in pvp .

-Only solution i see its adding new pvp/graind skills to eash classe (some ckasses need graind skill and others need pvp skill)

-am agree with any updates can make fair pvp and pve skills between classes . But from ur ideas i see only mage ll benefit from them and get more power . Tnx for sharing this ideas hope creators can make all satisfied
I did not talk about mages because it was mentioned in many other posts in which I wrote that the nerf of the mage will not weaken but will make the class useless because he will not be able to run away or log out but if, for example, a mage got possibility for use acceleration pots and could also live by running away like other classes, he could get the heal spell nerf that you want so much then it would be at least partially fair for mages with a small amount of hp not able to escape or log out in 11 seconds from high levels attack,and also mage is class which other players can block healing, otherwise it will simply become a class on which you look like you constantly find yourself on spawn in any confrontation with high levels and playing on such a class without the possibility running away is really there would be no desire, as I think, for all those who play as a magician.You are talking about what you want all the players enjoyed the game but to nerf the mage and not let him run away I think it's cruel.
Of course, you can start a conversation that always comes to the archer, who also cannot escape, but you and I know that he will have enough HP to exit the game in 11 seconds and survive, and this is a very important aspect since it's always more pleasant for you if your character is still alive than to see him sent to spawn over and over again, right?The archer has a range and good damage, unlike the magician,who lost 85% damage in pvp because of the magic resistance of items.All dialogues about the balance of classes stop at about this, that the balance is the way the developer intended it and practically did not change at all.

And by the way, the magician’s things after they receive infinite mana items start give only a small amount of armor and dex in addition, since mana and str will not help him, mana from the magician’s things gives only the amount of mana and regenaration but you get spell damage only by level stats.So any update with items after unlimited mana cannot buff the mage, it will weaken him anyway because the rest of the classes take damage with higher items and the mage does not.

As for ideas about new skills in pve and pvp this is also one of the many ideas that a long time ago on the forum there was also an idea with a skill tree that the developer liked but was never implemented.One of these ideas could change the balance a lot but not one class should be eclipsed by another in case of buffs and nerfs it should be balanced not just make the class unplayable when people lose a lot of their time and only some will enjoy the game if their class buffed and others will be upset.
If at some point the game decides to go in the direction of balance, I hope that not one class will become useless and everyone will be happy because this is all that players need to make everyone feel good on their character, and if it gets worse, then they definitely won’t be happy about it.
As a player, it's hard to find a balance because everyone wants to buff their class and even if they want to buff the others who also need a buff, they won't have enough experience on all classes to say exactly what change will balance the class and at the same time not break it.
At such moments we can only rely on discussions and everyone will talk about their experience of playing on each class if it concerns the players but in the majority it will be up to the combatant as the creator of the game he must understand exactly what an update will hurt or make game better.