Parameters for work score increase

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Parameters for work score increase

Post by Gullander »

Hi all,

My mage fishes quite a bit and I never really paid attention that fishing was considered a work skill. However I watched it increase one point while fishing. What triggers a point added? A certain amount of cycles? Rare fish or items added to backpack? A physical amount of time spent? I watched and waited fishing several minutes to see if another point would add but nothing happened so obviously I needed to do more to trigger it. Also is it cumulative or does the amount towards a new point reset if you log off before a point comes? Thanks. :)
Retired
Aogon

Re: Parameters for work score increase

Post by Aogon »

If I recall correctly, 1 leaderboard point is equal to 100 skill points.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Ok so 1 point for 100 fish, 100 ore, 100 trunks. Is this per each form or does a combination do it too, like 50 fish 25 trunks and 25 ore? If I read the announcement correctly it takes the total you have of all these elements and divides by 100. Thanks Leone for the link, thanks Aogon for the info.
Retired
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

i will only say that there should be another system for workscores. because no new player can ever be in the existing WS-list. Remember an ogre with a fishingrod+4 and skill level 15 can skill like hell in only 1 hour and a new players who started with skill level 0 and a tool 1 or 2 and is working the whole day get not realy good scores. But his work is much harder than that from an ogre with a rod+4 and skill level 15.
My idee is that it should give a monthly workscore list. Every player can see his scores like now, and his monthly. And permanently jailed players should be erased from that list !!!
DUKE of SK-Clan
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I certainly see your point. However the player at level 15 started at 0 at one time. He should not be penalized for his past hard work. If the scores were adjusted to time spent working for instance then a higher skill level would be no advantage again penalizing the previous hard work. If set up by level zones like 1-50 etc. we have the same problem as some alt accounts only fish or mine and never advance in levels. Resetting the leaderboard monthly would make competition but even a new player would take months or years even to reach where some players are in fishing or mining. It certainly is a problem and yes doesn't seem fair but that is one reason to keep playing to improve skills levels, your character level, and gear etc and quests completed. A lot of FT is unfair to new players but we all started new and worked to be better.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Gullander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:36 pm Ok so 1 point for 100 fish, 100 ore, 100 trunks. Is this per each form or does a combination do it too, like 50 fish 25 trunks and 25 ore? If I read the announcement correctly it takes the total you have of all these elements and divides by 100. Thanks Leone for the link, thanks Aogon for the info.
Exactly that. In fact, comp confirms your calculation later on in the same thread.
viewtopic.php?p=142099#p142099
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Leone wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 pm
Gullander wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:36 pm Ok so 1 point for 100 fish, 100 ore, 100 trunks. Is this per each form or does a combination do it too, like 50 fish 25 trunks and 25 ore? If I read the announcement correctly it takes the total you have of all these elements and divides by 100. Thanks Leone for the link, thanks Aogon for the info.
Exactly that. In fact, comp confirms your calculation later on in the same thread.
viewtopic.php?p=142099#p142099
Hmm...he says 1 Cycle gives .01 so 100 cycles would give 1 point... that's different than 100 units which would be 10 cycles for a 0 skill level. Did he mean .10 per cycle or .01 he meant unit not cycle?
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

I read it as 100 stones = 1 point.

1 stone = 1/100 of a point.

Good question about mixing and matching different skills to increase your skills points. My instinct would be to say no, but I don't base this on evidence at all.
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

Not necessarily 1 stone, as you can get double stones and such. 100 added skill points XP = 1 leaderboard point added.

Also, yes, any combo works. I think it's counting all the points and actually just showing it divided by 100 for the leaderboard.