Bal muen quest line

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Escapedcon

Bal muen quest line

Post by Escapedcon »

Aogon said my sword escapedcon had several quests to complete to be able to do bal muen. Where do I need to start so I can work towards the bal muen quest line?
Leone

Re: Bal muen quest line

Post by Leone »

This will hopefully be of help:

viewtopic.php?t=14935
Escapedcon

Post by Escapedcon »

I thought I had completed this part. I don't currently have an open quest for Kraken. Any additional information is greatly appreciated!
Leone

Post by Leone »

Have you done the House of Houses questline? 4 corner houses and then the middle one.
Escapedcon

Post by Escapedcon »

Yes houses quest is done.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

If you are a hero...when you go to Martek for instance...then you have completed the Artifact and Kraken quests. To activate the Bal muen you need to first have gotten to devil's island by doing the lighthouse quest with lightning sting(s) and gotten the pirate map also by completing the drunken pirate quest at the brass monkey tavern. The beginnings of Bal muen are doing the quests on devil's island. I will look for a walk through I made for level 400 players that includes Bal muen.
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Here it is maybe you will see in it what you are missing!

400 Quest Lines

Aetor Quests

1. Visit the npc in the room opposite of where the guy sells 200 HP potions. He will ask for swamp boots. After that he will ask for a hoard of dragon treasure.
2. Repair the entrance from the ptery dungeon to get into the dragon dungeon. You will need 20 magic trunks and a Mithril axe. You will lose your axe fixing this stairway.
3. In the dragon dungeon go towards the white dot to the far left, south west corner. Here you will find a dragon npc. He is willing to trade a chest of dragon hoard if you obtain a historical book for him.
4. Ok…leaving Aetor we head towards the dungeon of doom to locate the book. Head to the northeast corner where the enclosed area is with the altar. Note hopefully you have broken the spell guarding the entrance previously by helping all the 3 mages in the center House of house. Enter the cave entrance just to the east of the altar. In here you will find two types of wizards. Upon entering head north until you can go east and enter room with a book upon a stand, and a coffin with a skeleton in it. Read the book, and to free it continue east and up all the way north finally heading back west where you find the forcefield wizard npc. He will help you for a cost. He wants 2 fiery embers. Then he wants 500M gold. For this he frees the book of it’s enchantment so you can get it. Go back to the book and get it. Also touch the skeleton npc and take the bones into your backpack. Now proudly trace your way back to the dragon in the dragon dungeon to exchange the book for a hoard of gold. Remember you can go to the altar after exiting the dungeon with the book and be transported back to 0.0 and save a lot of walking!
5. Back at the dragon he gives you a chest of gold for the book. Keep talking with him though as he will ask what are those bones hanging out of your backpack. You must return the skeleton. And to make peace you must bring with you 3 mana 200 potions. But first go to Aetor island and give the gold hoard to the npc there, he rewards you with a 350+0 plate. Now back to the doom dungeon and to the empty coffin
6. Go to the coffin and upon gently placing him back and using your 3 mana potions he is again at rest. But don’t you rest…get out of there…those sorcerors and wizards are dangerous.

Items needed for Aetor
Swamp boots
20 magic trunks
A mithril axe
2 fiery embers
500 M gold
3 Extra mana potions

Devil Island Quest Line

1. Visit the pirate ship captain on map -1-1 almost a straight shot down the road due west from Kedington shop all the way to the ocean where he stands befuddled unable to sail. Here you learn you must somehow get the lighthouse repaired!
2. The lighthouse quest…most feared perhaps unless you have a big brother or sis to tank for you, especially since a fairy and archer can’t run! But to get to the npc you have to venture through the underneath dungeon to come up where he is. Upon entering the lighthouse, you may need help to get to it as well to take away lightning bees, straight north to the second east west path turning east and enter that room in which you will see a stairway entrance. As you enter the first monsters are pharaoh spiders, when you get near the first turn is where bees may begin to spawn . Just keep moving as it makes a kind of sideways s to get to the way up. Once up the npc is right there. He will ask you to kill 3 bees for him, as if 3 will help in the place infested! Ok where you kill your bees is up to you, but I could not spawn any in that npc room, which means you may have to find a way to kill them in the dungeon below or traverse back to the entrance again and find a room to use. That will be up to your help to decide where is best. After killing 3 you must return to the npc…yikes…and also make sure you have with you one lightning sting unless you want to redo all the travel again!
3. Back to the pirate who is thrilled to be able to sail again as the lighthouse now is working. He offers to take you to the Devil’s Island and shows his gratitude by giving you the special rate of only 40M! There is a catch, make sure you have the pirate map with you as evidently he isn’t too good a mariner. Hopefully you finished the black pearl quest, but I think any pirate map is usable if you have one already.
4. On the Island! The order is up to you. I will go by proximity to where you first appear on the island as the pirate dumps you off happy at his plunder at your expense! The closest item of interest is a stairway going down just south and west from where you begin. These entries are tough as you lose another mithril axe in the process of gaining access. Of course below is the dreaded Ball dungeon! You can grab the treasure chest in the middle of the Ballroom if you feel lucky, but my guess is a fairy or archer ought to pass for now. Any way walking along the outsides head south to the doorway to the spectre area. You will find the quest there to repair the portal and requires a mere 10 magic trunks and 10 soul stones. But now as you know your fees paying is over if you want to take the long way back and there to the island.
5. Exiting the Ball area and up head west until you get to the building on the island. Right inside the door the human npc will spawn asking for you to find a ring he has lost. You look brave I guess since he won’t do it for himself! Before you get the ring go visit his devil opponent who also wants the ring.
6. Head to the first west-east passage and head west going into the northern big room. This is a bonanza as 2 npc spawn here. Walk about a bit until the devil spawns. He also will want the ring. It is best to give it to him when you find it is my opinion and leave the cowardly human wanting. Also in this room is an npc that asks for 5 different soul weapons. But first the devil and the ring. To find the ring head to the middle big passage and head north past the stairway (which requires level 600 to enter) and head east into a smaller room that looks like maybe a small library. On the floor, bottom right is a small item which is the ring. Ok, head back to the devil now. He will thank you and tell you there is a secret entrance somewhere in that room to an ancient library. Look along the north wall and you gain access. Read the book there as you will need to do that to later bargain for a way to defeat Bal Muen. In this library is a secret within a secret! Look along the north wall and touch the paintings. One will transport you to a chamber with 3 chests. One will give you a jade amy you can use later when you do the free the prisoner quest at Ardesia.
7. If you have brought the 5 soul weapons with you on your first trip by all means take care of that. But if you haven’t don’t worry you will have to return here again before Bal Muen falls.
8. Ok go back to the first west-east passageway as you come into that house but go east this time to the room with 2 portals in it and another devil. He begins the Bal Muen quest line. He will ask you for 10 mushy bones in order to even consider your request. He informs you all about Bal Muen and tells you where to look, and the passage will be open.

Under Silverwood Bal Muen Quest

1. Take the 150 level door down into the ghost orc dungeon. A word of caution….don’t forget your unknown key to get in! Travel all the way east and then north going through the stone entryway hopefully open for you. If not there is a switch in the south west corner room but it should be open since you are on the quest. Head north in that room to the stone entrance and go in. There you find a ghost npc who will tell you about Bal Muen. After that is done you want to go into the prison area which is lit up and go talk to the Bal Muen npc. He will warn you to leave with a warning next time you disturb him you will die. This next part is a bit fuzzy…you will need to bring 10 spectre dusts to put on the altar in Bal Muen’s prison. Not sure if that is now or after visting our devil friend again. Word of caution only walk directly to the npc in the prison and the altar as a single devil can spawn if you walk around in there. Upon leaving the prison area to the outer room there is a portal, take it back to the doorway to the orc dungeon shortcut.
2. Ok we don’t know how to defeat Bal Muen yet so we go back to our devil in the 2 portal room. So slow way back to devil island or 40M for a pirate adventure your choice. Go talk to that devil and he is willing to help you for 1B bold! Gulp…pay him…and he tells you that some of the lights on the pedestals must have gone out and you must light them first before you tangle with Bal Muen one on one. So when you return to his prison you will need 2 fiery embers to relight the pedestals, and if I was wrong about the 10 spectre dusts on the altar in the first part make sure you have them this time.
3. Back at the Bal Muen prison. Enter it an touch the pedestals to relight them with your embers. Now you can fight the big guy. Make sure your dex is set to 231 as in spite of his renown he is like other devils 225 dex. Go up to his npc and battle away. It may take awhile so don’t panic. I didn’t need any healing potions but different classes may need more help and I did have the best gear on to face him. Upon defeat you get his heart and place it upon the altar, and you are a hero twice over as he will be imprisoned for 1000 years! Yippee!!!
4. This is very important. You may think wait a minute I defeated him but where is my reward, I should get some levels at least! Never fear, Ascanius is here! Go see him and tell him the guy who was halting your time travel is now defeated and having talked to Ascanius the reward you sought is given you!

Items needed for Bal Muen related quests- you can’t get there without the sequence all done!
Lightning sting
Pirate map
Mithril axe
10 magic trunks
10 soul stones
10 mushy bones
1B gold
10 spectre dusts
2 fiery embers
5 Soul 500 level weapons

The Prisoner Quest

1. This one you can prepare for in advance so gather these items, 2 level 200 wands, 1 wand of souls, a jade ring, a jade pendant (got one from chest on devil island) and a ruby amulet.
2. Go visit the npc outside the house and he will tell of the plight of his brother. Try to enter the house and a guard pushes you back. Talk again with the brother npc and he tells of a secret entrance. Go up past the blacksmith station to a shed, inside is a sandy area and yes sir that is our secret entrance.
3. Once inside skip the ground floor and go up. In one of the rooms is an npc. He has a key to the prison. He will want the 2 fairy wands and soul wand for the key.
4. On the third level is swarming with fire archers and ninjas, it might be a good idea to have some help for your slow accounts. Any one who has done the quest can use the secret passage to get in, good to know. You must try to enter the area in the north, but find the door is sealed with magic. This is where the jade items come in. To the left and right are altars that require those items to release the barrier. Now you can go in an look for the prisoner
5. Inside the prison area find the npc brother and he will talk on and on, eventually asking for a ruby amulet. He gives you the useless lost city scroll..but graciously take it. To exit either go back to the secret entrance on the first floor or use the south door.
6. Upon exiting visit the npc outside to tell him his brother is safe and instead of coming out to thank his brother for finding you as a brave player to free him has run off in search of his unmovable love! Well this brother is thankful and gives you 3 500 level items. Keep the shield and plate as you will need them to do the 400 quest inside the castle!

Castle quests remaining

1. At 400 the stairway to the Minotaur maze is open! There is one npc in the maze who has broken equipment and upon giving him new gear tells you of a bracelet he has lost somewhere in the maze. How this guy survived I am not sure. Anyway if you want it find a way to the white dot in the north west corner, a 500 mage bracelet.
2. Walking all the way to the center you find the enclosed area that has a way down to the second level of mazes. The devil there is willing to talk to you, ha ha later all he will tell you is to go away and not bother him. Any way he will break the Minotaur outbreak by doing an incantation, which requires your help, namely 2 heat rings, and 2 golden token amulets. After helping him he declares you can now use the stairs to descend. Too bad the game tells you that you have to be level 600 to enter! No wonder he didn’t want to talk anymore, lying devil!
Retired
Escapedcon

Post by Escapedcon »

This is very helpful. I still have 'get book from mage tower' quest in log. I already completed long ago low lvl but I need another book to give. Please help!
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

The book is where proditor is in the tower. To use the book you must have visited the creepy stranger devil that is near the houses just above where you take the spiral to go into the portal maze, and the boy who the book belongs to on the same map near where the fire is and encampment near the southwest border with the Kings garden map.
Retired
Escapedcon

Post by Escapedcon »

I used already. I need replacement book or removed from quest log.