Disturbing players at grinding map

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: Disturbing players at grinding map

Post by Leone »

Please see compbatant's announcement here where he explains why the spawn limit is set as it is.

Basically, it is because of players using autoclickers. That has been a huge problem for ft and there is no wish to go back to that.

viewtopic.php?p=108233#p108233
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Leone wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:32 pm This issue (maximum spawn limits) has been discussed before.

The link below takes you to such a discussion. The two links in my post there gives some context.

viewtopic.php?p=130952#p130952
It appears it is a time honored discussion! :D I hope though since more auto clicker catching devices are now in place than when spawn limits were first instituted perhaps a review is in order. Of course the best solution would be players themselves being courteous with one another and doing like we were taught as little children....share! It's the selfish players that ruin it for the rest. :(
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Absolutely agree mate.
SukudFruta

Post by SukudFruta »

i do agree that autoclickers are a big problem for FT, but like Gullander said, there are more defenses now against autoclickers than when the limit was initially added, so a review is necessary and im sure there are more ways to stop afking without disturbing low lvl players gameplay.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Alright, here's something to think about.

Let's take spam builds as an example. We had a rule made for spam builds, ppl kept abusing it anyway, so mechanics were changed, now you can only build next to allies. This pretty much stopped spam, and the rule is now useless.

We had(have) auto clicker abuse. First we made a rule, then changed a lot of mechanics to stop afk. We have the afk check, and It should still kick u from game if no screen taps within 3 minutes. These should be enough to allow a new spawn system of some sort.

I think the best fix is allow each player a spawn of 10 mobs, no limit set. Now before ppl say that's not fair, look at it this way.

A low level can spawn 10 mobs, more than likely it'll overspawn, so they will need to cut back. They'll be able to level and learn the best ways to control spawns.

High level players-- I can hear it already, I can kill 10 in 5 sec, I need more to kill, right?
If they remove the limit of spawn per map and instead make spawn per person, u kill the 10 and can instantly spawn a new 10, your rate of kills won't go down, and it may even speed up leveling.

Now changing spawn to 10 per player, would also help with A few other things as well. This should slow the ability to spawn kill players and pets. Which in turn, takes workload off of gms. It would clear alot of, he took my spot, it wouldn't matter, we would just need to expand spawn areas to allow more people ?or add more maps with grind only areas, with limited spawn areas to not crash maps. (We all know they prefer pretty over functioning).

Just a few things to consider.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Nicole-_-

Post by Nicole-_- »

Lestat wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:55 pm Alright, here's something to think about.

Let's take spam builds as an example. We had a rule made for spam builds, ppl kept abusing it anyway, so mechanics were changed, now you can only build next to allies. This pretty much stopped spam, and the rule is now useless.

We had(have) auto clicker abuse. First we made a rule, then changed a lot of mechanics to stop afk. We have the afk check, and It should still kick u from game if no screen taps within 3 minutes. These should be enough to allow a new spawn system of some sort.

I think the best fix is allow each player a spawn of 10 mobs, no limit set. Now before ppl say that's not fair, look at it this way.

A low level can spawn 10 mobs, more than likely it'll overspawn, so they will need to cut back. They'll be able to level and learn the best ways to control spawns.

High level players-- I can hear it already, I can kill 10 in 5 sec, I need more to kill, right?
If they remove the limit of spawn per map and instead make spawn per person, u kill the 10 and can instantly spawn a new 10, your rate of kills won't go down, and it may even speed up leveling.

Now changing spawn to 10 per player, would also help with A few other things as well. This should slow the ability to spawn kill players and pets. Which in turn, takes workload off of gms. It would clear alot of, he took my spot, it wouldn't matter, we would just need to expand spawn areas to allow more people ?or add more maps with grind only areas, with limited spawn areas to not crash maps. (We all know they prefer pretty over functioning).

Just a few things to consider.
+1
Zacker918 Archer lvl 592{Jailed}
-D00M- Mage lvl 457
HOMICIDE Ogre lvl 161 (Jailed)
celestial Archer lvl 2435
_Meliodas_ Sword lvl 812
Nicole-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Tiffany-_- Mage lvl 191 (Jailed)
Myon918/Myon981/Zack918, etc.
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

I'd be happy to see a change that makes this better for everyone. BUT, just 10 spawns severely limits options for dwarves. Fury hits every mob I can reach. For mobs with range of 2, that's around 16. For mobs with range of 1, if I set up and surround my pets, then I can kill 20+ in one round of fury. Cutting that by half is a big loss. Is it fair for one player to grab all 20 mobs on the map? Well, that depends on whether someone else is on the map and what they're doing there.

I think there are many scenarios where helping one might hurt another. But, that's why we're here: to have those discussions.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

It perhaps is a question of freedom. Here is an example. As it stands if it takes a certain level to access an area then you can continue going there indefinitely even if your level far exceeds the strength of the mobs there. On the surface it might be suggested areas have BOTH a maximum and minimum level allowance. As players levels increase in the many thousands better monster areas can't help but become crowded. Add in the lowered % of experience points once you reach the threshold and it gets more complicated. But do we want to go there as a solution as it could be one that makes sure those grinding in an area have similar levels? Do we want to take back or restrict a players strength he has earned by closing off areas to him?

Now away from our example, in a broader sense any suggestion that will limit one player over the other seeks to also restrict an earned freedom. They may abuse that freedom true and limit others, but objectively unless a minimum/maximum rating or some similar device is in place they have just as much right to grind as they see fit as anyone else. That freedom they earned as much as we earned it. Ruining someone's playing experience is subjective and unless there is a clearly written rule being broken I don't see what right someone has to exert their freedom over someone else's freedom. I don't much care for the outlaw in the game but according to the rules it is their right to play that way. They are free to do so. I've seen the term "someone stealing my spawn", it is a game with mechanics that operate according to it's own parameters and doesn't "know" you were there first or that you should get the mob, they just attack according to their programming. It isn't anyones spawn really. That players get too close or try to share without asking may be rude and frustrating but there is that freedom thing again. Can we close off one player versus another and not violate their right to play?

This is a discussion not a conclusion so don't be angered by what I say. :) My preference is stated above, why can't we just share and get along? But freedom means just that the individual has a right to play how they wish even if I detest it as long as game rules are not being broken. If over spawning is deemed a rule violation then proceed, but if not we may have to accept a players right to play their style of game and we must play ours.
SukudFruta

Post by SukudFruta »

I think they need to make more options to grind with similar xp, because there ARE many places to grind but not ALL places Will give a Very good xp, Thats the trouble of moving to a different map, and they should do more dungeons with high strong mobs so the high levels wont need to grind in the same dungeon as low levels.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Personally, I can't see any rule about spawn limits being made. There are players that can't seem to go a few hours without reporting an interaction with another player. Adding reports along the lines of someone going 1-2 mobs over a rule limit wouldn't go well.

I've been on both sides of the issue. I'm 3k+ and I've done my share of grinding spawn as large as I can make them for drops. If someone else was on the map I'd try to time my spawn so it didn't interfere with them, but I'm not going to feel too bad starting a large spawn on an empty map.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.