New map-mine

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Escapedcon

New map-mine

Post by Escapedcon »

I have used 12 mithril pick in cave hole but cannot enter. Is this because I am missing a part in quest line or is it random? I found sister already. This is frustrating!
Aogon

Re: New map-mine

Post by Aogon »

I think you've just been unlucky, unfortunately! It took me around 5 or 6 picks to get through. I know another player that it took at least 10 also.
Leone

Post by Leone »

We could help each other out here with mining mith. We all know how much time it takes.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

At the rate of success I have had at crafting picks so far, last night I did 4/16 craft tries comprising 4 hours of labor, and that is with having the 16 meteors and 16 magic trunks in stock. My next try will add chopping for more magic trunks, accomplished today so that too is factored in for next attempt. If it takes 12 to get in I can expect another 8 hours of labor mining, transporting, and crafting. That's not suggesting it should be changed, but I am retired and can carve out more time than most players, but those who don't have the time it seems to be potentially a very discouraging path to accomplish this quest. Isn't it possible to have a counter instead so if you reach let's say a maximum of five tries you get in? If you manage to buy picks that would probably mean spending 1b gold to get 5 picks. Personally I am not very supportive of random possiblity in quests as this situation illustrates because invariably someone gets "unlucky" and bears a horrible burden compared to others. If the reward is the same the requirements should be the same for all players. That's my opinion and I stick with my motto to the end.
Peace.

Oh I didn't actually say it but was implied I am at 4 fails presently on this quest and will try again when I craft more.
Retired
Poface

Post by Poface »

Just failed for the 10th time. I'm not in a clan nor do I own a house. This is costing me a fortune :twisted: :twisted:
Leone

Post by Leone »

To clarify, are we talking about mithril picks ? I've a fairly decent % craft rate so can help out.
Or I can do some mining- whichever is best.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Second day update. 2/17 craft tries to get mith picks. Both fails on quest. Total fails now 6. Nuff said....

Final update I bought 4 picks at 0.0 for 800m. On the ninth try I got through, leaving me one pick left over...but I seem to recall another entrance needing opening.,.yay and sigh.... :lol:

Not as bad as some but....could use an adjustment to make it kinder. Just my opinion.
Retired
Poface

Post by Poface »

Thanks Leone. I'm pleased to say I've done it but your offer was appreciated. Now....why won't Fenrir take my swamp meat? Methinks I've missed something..... :lol:
Leone

Post by Leone »

Does he want cooked swamp meat?
Poface

Post by Poface »

It's is cooked...to perfection :D