Boss Spawning

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Elgur

Boss Spawning

Post by Elgur »

:lol: Can we ad special bosses to the grinding leveling . I would say like every 30 minutes a new creature would spawn making players want to play the game more often and for longer periods.

For instance: a player is grinding red monsters and then suddenly a purple monster, bigger, meaner, spawns. It would be exciting and more experience could be gained from destroying it. Harder to kill yes, but after it is defeated another spawns possibly 20 or 30 minutes later.

A player may even want a freind to join him or her.

The hard part would be, if those players could share in the exp. Maybe that's not possible, but the above suggestion I believe could be.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Leone

Re: Boss Spawning

Post by Leone »

It's a good thought.

It would need to be done in a very controlled way to save low lvls being unwittingly killed walking through a normally safe area, but the concept is good to work with.

There is already a precedent as boss dragons spawn on certain maps, for example 0.1 and bank map.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

In dungeons then, there are no boss spawnings. Whether it is to use existing enemies, or new creations, is up to Combatant. A boss, thrown in to the dungeon grind, thrown into the mix as it were, would be very stimulating to new and long time players.
I believe it could make things very interesting, either controlled, or with some freedom in spawns.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Also the Ghost Dwarf spawns on bank map, but it is rare. If that's what you were referring to.
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

Leone wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:05 am It's a good thought.

It would need to be done in a very controlled way to save low lvls being unwittingly killed walking through a normally safe area, but the concept is good to work with.

There is already a precedent as boss dragons spawn on certain maps, for example 0.1 and bank map.
Actually, what I had in mind, would be in a controlled area, like a dungeon, where a player fights a group of enemies. And in that setting, spawn bosses could be a very viable and controlled occurrence, and enjoyable for the player. There it is. In noob dungeons, in medium level player dungeons, in high level player dungeons.
It could take place on the surface playing field, but away from new player areas.

Thank you. :)
CKA3O4HuK

Post by CKA3O4HuK »

I think it would be better if a strong mob spawned with a small chance. For example, at -1.1, when you spawn green crocs for a long time, there is a small chance that a blue croc will spawn, which is much stronger than the green ones.
Forgotten tales and Forgotten lands is my favourite games

My accounts:
OantoskaO (archer) 3300
Aleksey (mage) 600
KOMAPEHOK (dwarf) 200
ivanov221 (swordman) 150
ivanov225 (ogre) 100
CKA3O4HuK and other trading accounts

Map Maker
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Yes you would have to consider pets too. In the neon croc example it has a much higher dex and strength than the green croc. A low level blue monster pet might survive an encounter with a green croc but not a neon croc! Of course some monsters already have stronger variants though not bosses that spawn. Class makes a difference too of the player with a boss. For instance a fury skill isn't helpful against a boss but a 25% hit by an ogre or 40% by a sword would help. Since they would spawn within a normal spawn cycle you couldn't pick or choose your fight based upon class like other quest related bosses. For instance the drop of a blood orb quest from blood fairies my ogre and sword could do it 200+ levels less than my Freya because she has no reducing skill. Just stuff to also consider. But I do like the idea to make play, grinding, more exciting because that boss may spawn any minute! It's like digging graves in
the enclosed graveyards the next dig may release a monster!
Retired