RETURN DROPS

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

Re: RETURN DROPS

Post by Barkley »

Aogon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:03 pm This keeps getting brought back up, but I don't think it will (or should) change. But, that's my opinion. While it's pretty well known I was never big fan of pvp fighting, I don't really have anything against it either. I can understand how it's fun for others.

I've seen enough fights where it's 2, 3, 4, or 5+ on 1 on the player can't logout or get away without being killed. Losing an item that you paid money for because a band of players are running around together trying to steal the items never seemed very fair to me.

I've been around long enough to see heavy pvp players run around with the cheapest free gear they can find for pvp. So, trying to drop from others while not risking your own gear has been the plan for a long time prior to recolored/upgraded items.
Reasonable. Agree (mostly).
Where I see these comments and requests as being hypocritical is that many of the same players saying they want drops back also wear gear that can't be dropped. So, what they really seem to want is to be able to drop other people's gear without risking their own. You do have the option to fix the problem yourselves. Collectively, don't wear recolored gear if you want more risk involved in PVP. Agree to it during clan wars, and etc., and do it. There's nothing stopping you from doing this.
Well....
Technically ufff, but really there is quite a lot stopping you, and thats that people just won't wear anything but recoloured items even if you try to make them.
Maybe you can convince the occasional person on each side, but that's not enough.

I've never been in favour of making recoloured items drop, nor do I think that the current system is all that great, but such an answer is rather petty.
Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, Outlaw, Multiple House Owners

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
TheDrkDrgn

Post by TheDrkDrgn »

Aogon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:03 pm This keeps getting brought back up, but I don't think it will (or should) change. But, that's my opinion. While it's pretty well known I was never big fan of pvp fighting, I don't really have anything against it either. I can understand how it's fun for others.

I've seen enough fights where it's 2, 3, 4, or 5+ on 1 on the player can't logout or get away without being killed. Losing an item that you paid money for because a band of players are running around together trying to steal the items never seemed very fair to me.

Where I see these comments and requests as being hypocritical is that many of the same players saying they want drops back also wear gear that can't be dropped. So, what they really seem to want is to be able to drop other people's gear without risking their own. You do have the option to fix the problem yourselves. Collectively, don't wear recolored gear if you want more risk involved in PVP. Agree to it during clan wars, and etc., and do it. There's nothing stopping you from doing this.

I've been around long enough to see heavy pvp players run around with the cheapest free gear they can find for pvp. So, trying to drop from others while not risking your own gear has been the plan for a long time prior to recolored/upgraded items.
These guys who jumped 1 player are cowards. That is my opinion of them.
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

More than likely, I agree with you. But their goal was never a fun and fair PVP. It was bullying or theft that was probably on their minds.
These guys who jumped 1 player are cowards. That is my opinion of them.
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

Barkley wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:14 pm

Reasonable. Agree (mostly).
Well....
Technically ufff, but really there is quite a lot stopping you, and thats that people just won't wear anything but recoloured items even if you try to make them.
Maybe you can convince the occasional person on each side, but that's not enough.

I've never been in favour of making recoloured items drop, nor do I think that the current system is all that great, but such an answer is rather petty.
The petty comment crosses a line into insult. Please keep discourse civil. My comment was sincere. IF the problem was just drops, the players who like pvp could/would do this. They don't or won't, so the argued for solution is to force it in everyone? That makes even less sense to me.

That said, I think we see eye to eye on the rest.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Actually, it's a good idea. Clanned players organise a battle at coliseum and the rule is players wear (let's say) 2k gear - no recoloured allowed.

Only clanned players are allowed in. If it's possible, for the duration of the battle have the game coded so non clanned players can't enter.

Battle duration: one weekend?

So a lv 50 clanned player can enter but will probably last five seconds.

Anything that drops is fair enough, and it is in an area where noone else really goes.

It is about honour amongst clan players not to wear recoloured gear. Obviously the weapons don't count.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:00 pm Actually, it's a good idea. Clanned players organise a battle at coliseum and the rule is players wear (let's say) 2k gear - no recoloured allowed.

Only clanned players are allowed in. If it's possible, for the duration of the battle have the game coded so non clanned players can't enter.

Anything that drops is fair enough, and it is in an area where noone else really goes.

It is about honour amongst clan players not to wear recoloured gear. Obviously the weapons don't count.
In such a scenario players (or even GM's organising an event) can easily make sure everyone listens and does that or doesn't compete.

I just mean that in a clan war context in clan map, that won't work.

Leone

Post by Leone »

I wonder if it can be coded so that any player equipped with recoloured gear gets kicked to 0.0?

I honestly don't know the answer to that, but that would make it a fair fight in the context of this thread idea.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Aogon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:42 pm The petty comment crosses a line into insult.
I didn't mean it like that.
What I ment was "unrealistic".

merisajan

Post by merisajan »

Leone wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:00 pm Actually, it's a good idea. Clanned players organise a battle at coliseum and the rule is players wear (let's say) 2k gear - no recoloured allowed.

+ 👏👌 Great
And i think It is fair for the player who out low ( black name ) to have a drop items upgrades recolor or non-colored
Its good i agree 😊😂
Maybe they will be polite😂🤭
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Elgur

Post by Elgur »

I insist on being there. I am not in a Klan.
That the Buddha regarded ignorance as the principle of birth and death, and therefore of misery in the world, is a well established fact.