creation of a new portal daily quest

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LORD DRAGO

creation of a new portal daily quest

Post by LORD DRAGO »

hi, It would be great to add a portal in the magician's daily quest that is in the underground under the king's garden since it is a bit tedious to walk to the underground and go through a maze to report to the magician and then go outside the map to so finish a mission. It would be a good idea to add a portal that transports you to the outside of any map or move to the starting map.
LORD DRAGO

Re: creation of a new portal daily quest

Post by LORD DRAGO »

LORD DRAGO wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:07 pm hi, It would be great to add a portal in the magician's daily quest that is in the underground under the king's garden since it is a bit tedious to walk to the underground and go through a maze to report to the magician and then go outside the map to so finish a mission. It would be a good idea to add a portal that transports you to the outside of any map or move to the starting map.
What I want to say in a few words is to put a portal inside the wizard's room and have a provision for a portal that goes outside in order to facilitate the characters who do not have quickness potions and those who do not have lvls for lvl 600 pants. It would be a great help.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

In the quartermaster daily quests area there are several portal locations to leave the map. It would make sense the other daily mage quest has a portal out as well. Underground village has a portal out even before the worm transport from the stable became active. I don't see any downside of adding a portal there as long as it is out only, it is a long walk at normal speed.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's a nice idea.

One problem I can foresee is that the Daily Mage NPC is not static in his tiny room. How many times does he appear near the door and players end up outside the room rather than talking with him?

If there is a portal in the room, then I can certainly see players selecting that, not the NPC, and then ending back at 0.0 before they have even spoken with him!

Solution? The portal goes outside the door in the wide corridor. It is only accessible after completion of a new quest that the Daily Mage gives you.
Lorion

Post by Lorion »

Leone wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:51 am It's a nice idea.

One problem I can foresee is that the Daily Mage NPC is not static in his tiny room. How many times does he appear near the door and players end up outside the room rather than talking with him?

If there is a portal in the room, then I can certainly see players selecting that, not the NPC, and then ending back at 0.0 before they have even spoken with him!

Solution? The portal goes outside the door in the wide corridor. It is only accessible after completion of a new quest that the Daily Mage gives you.
True, that is a nice idea from LORD DRAGO but as solution portal might be actually out the daily mage quest room so as you mentioned players wouldn't teleport to 0.0 instead talking to mage
§Move in silence,only speak when it's time to say checkmate...§
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

"Solution? The portal goes outside the door in the wide corridor. It is only accessible after completion of a new quest that the Daily Mage gives you."

Haha or you can jump in the mages cauldron to get out!! I like a quest idea to open up access to it. Or you could have a mage daily assistant npc who asks you If you want to leave recognizing that the mage may have been in a lousy mood and apologizes for his Master's ill humor! :D
Retired
Aogon

Post by Aogon »

I kind of like the idea too!

Flush.png
Flush.png (435.97 KiB) Viewed 404 times
What the.png
What the.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 404 times

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leone

Post by Leone »

Haha- this idea is going somewhere!
CKA3O4HuK

Post by CKA3O4HuK »

I like this idea. I think it would be great if, after completing 5-10 daily quests, the magician had a quest to unlock the portal. ;)
Forgotten tales and Forgotten lands is my favourite games

My accounts:
OantoskaO (archer) 3300
Aleksey (mage) 600
KOMAPEHOK (dwarf) 200
ivanov221 (swordman) 150
ivanov225 (ogre) 100
CKA3O4HuK and other trading accounts

Map Maker
Leone

Post by Leone »

I also like the cauldron idea.

I find that the daily mage usually appears to the left in his room, so if we do use a cauldron, use the one on the right.

Actually, could both be activated? That would make it easier. Once used that day, both disactivated.