What are we doing?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

What are we doing?

Post by Gullander »

I think it's time to take a serious look at this games rating. At present it is rated for Everyone 10+. I must advocate for a Teen rating 17+. Although it is ultimately the parents responsibility to judge whether a young person should play a game or not, often when they see Everyone they trust it is safe for their preteen or young teen to play. Seriously does anyone who plays this game and frequents this forum think it is appropriate for youngsters? Again I ask what are we doing?

This is what is found by new players, it is far from a safe haven. Granted as long as any game has monsters to dispatch there will be violence but for the most part that is impersonal, in fact it is framed within the context of a noble cause to undo evil. Sadly the game doesn't ever allow you to have a final victory over evil, but that is another subject. What players do find is a pvp environment which isn't just player against player, though there isn't any tie in how pvp aids you in completing the game, and often split along ethnic lines. What you do find is in the name of pvp not only fun testing of skills in fighting, but the expression of hate. What the younger player finds is a ton of disrespectful actions and attitudes. Even on the forum it often devolves to adult personal issues that do little to support it's current game rating.

If the game is continually focused on negativity instead of the fun a game should have, at present I feel sorry for new players, especially the younger ones. That isn't to say there aren't players who are positive role models here, there are, but it is increasingly difficult with the negativity and I might add growing disdain of things as they are. I don't think any 10 year old should play this game in it's present state as it tends to reinforce what's wrong with the world in microcosm. Hate, mistrust, violence for violence sake, and disrespect aren't mentioned in the glowing game description of what awaits them.

I'm not advocating for a change in how the game operates, I still hold as long as a player plays lawfully he ought to be free to play in the mode that pleases him as a game should bring pleasure or why play it? I am asking that serious consideration be given to providing protection for new players by removing the facade of it being an Everyone game to a higher game rating.
Retired
Ayoub

Re: What are we doing?

Post by Ayoub »

-Honestly i kicked many kids close to me from playing it. Bcs It is impossible not to see the hate speech ,Racism in speech , (especially time of pvp). Sometimes kids hear a words don't even know what they means.

-For me game not for all ages and also not for all religions why :
For example events : u see Xmas event , Halloween event.ester...
There's only 1 religion in this game ? What about my religion (ramadan /aid ...) or other religions events.
U ll say game for all and (xmax.halloween...events for all to, all can join ) Then add other events and all can join to.

- What happened recently in forum means even the freedom of expression forbidden in this game.
#We're all in the same game, just different levels#
#Dealing with the same hell, just different devils#

#Calmness is the cradle of power#
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's a nice thought about different religious events being incorporated into the game. I would speak with a GM about what you would like including and take it from there.

As for the original point, it is something that needs looking at, for the reasons stated.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Ayoub, you make a good point. In general we are insensitive to the religious variety that is represented in FT. As far a Christmas goes many other games also have special events so it isn't unique to FT. The question is what constitutes support of religion and what is a secular holiday. Christmas though at it's root is a Christian event is also a very secular event and those even atheists or agnostics might give gifts and not be opposed to the secular mythology of flying reindeer, and elves, and such. Halloween is also mostly secular with ghosts and goblins and parties and candy. Even Easter has a secular side with bunnies and baskets of candy for children. I am not opposed to other religious traditions being represented as long as they too have a secular element to it. I hope you understand my point. For those who are religious they will see the events as religious if they choose. In fact the religious might be offended that the game only honors it with secular symbols,. But I believe the game itself should only have them with secular elements so no one feels by participating they are agreeing with a particular religious viewpoint. For instance...

Why not have a 30 day quest event during Ramadan? Each day something to do or find, then at the end have an event party. This way it is acknowledged but in a secular and fun way. Religion can be devisive but everyone likes fun. So I think there is maybe a way of being inclusive of our religious differences in a fun way without pushing for a single religious faith. If we wanted we could call the Christmas event a holiday event instead, or end of year party.. We could make Easter a welcome to springtime event. Maybe some might like a day of the dead instead of Halloween. I guess you could call Ramadan event "The 30" an annual event. It's worth looking into making everyone feel welcome without undue religious trappings. I know I risk even mentioning this putting some people off and maybe going too far or not far enough and if you fall in that category please accept my apology. The important thing is trying to advance a safe and fun place and uniting rather than separating. A little bit of kindness and understanding can go a long way.
Retired
mYHome

Post by mYHome »

My opinion is that the game should have nothing to do with religion

Also, when I deleted all the games on my phone and started going outside to talk to people, play games in real life (such as volleyball for example) I began to learn many things that I need in life
THIS GAME IS REALLY COOL, IT WAS MY TOP 1 GAME
But I don't recommend teenagers to play any game
You leave reality to grind levels throughout the day , And life goes on, time will always go and will never stop
And the time will come when you will regret every minute spent on something that does not build you up, on something that does not develop you
This summer is a time for self-development, for parents (they will not always be by your side)
Spend time with friends, their lives may end and you will regret that you spent a lot of time in games and not with them
Spend time with your loved one, make them happy, replace game time with going to nature or anywhere with your loved one
Give time to children, they grow up too fast, later you will regret that you did not spend much time with them ( They love you, they don't always need expensive toys, money and the like, they want the caress of their parents' hugs, they want to spend time with you)

If you knew the value of time, you would understand me

But sooner or later the time will come when you will understand it, but you will not be able to turn back time

Value yourself and your time
Have a nice day and good health to you, your family and all your close people
Life is a precious gift, don't waste it
Ayoub

Post by Ayoub »

mYHome wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 pm My opinion is that the game should have nothing to do with religion

Also, when I deleted all the games on my phone and started going outside to talk to people, play games in real life (such as volleyball for example) I began to learn many things that I need in life
THIS GAME IS REALLY COOL, IT WAS MY TOP 1 GAME
But I don't recommend teenagers to play any game
You leave reality to grind levels throughout the day , And life goes on, time will always go and will never stop
And the time will come when you will regret every minute spent on something that does not build you up, on something that does not develop you
This summer is a time for self-development, for parents (they will not always be by your side)
Spend time with friends, their lives may end and you will regret that you spent a lot of time in games and not with them
Spend time with your loved one, make them happy, replace game time with going to nature or anywhere with your loved one
Give time to children, they grow up too fast, later you will regret that you did not spend much time with them ( They love you, they don't always need expensive toys, money and the like, they want the caress of their parents' hugs, they want to spend time with you)

If you knew the value of time, you would understand me

But sooner or later the time will come when you will understand it, but you will not be able to turn back time

Have a nice day and good health to you, your family and all your close people
Totally agree .
Time is like sword if you do not cut it, it will cut you .
Use it well and give priority to your real life...
Yes I like this game ,That's why I didn't leave it 100% ,i quite for months and i back .at least i log to see some friends i know them bcs of this game.
( That's why this game shouldn't be for kids . Cus they can't control there time ,FT it's addiction it's like cigarettes :lol: )
Ty my home for this Post ,I wish you success and happiness while passing ur time.
#We're all in the same game, just different levels#
#Dealing with the same hell, just different devils#

#Calmness is the cradle of power#
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

I was around 13 yrs when started to play this game.and when i joined clan and high players killed me this gave me strenght to get stronger and to have my revange...now im 7k mage and only 2or 3 players in whole game can kill me 1v1 hehe.i plan to get much stronger tho.
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

The only what i can write about this game is :

WHAT GAME SURVIVES MORE THAN 10 YEARS ???

:))))

Thats the biggest ++++++++ for it :)
DUKE of SK-Clan
CoolerFloXD

Post by CoolerFloXD »

Best Game!
Sword 5k+ Vadeal
Ogre 9,4k+ TeufelOger
Mage 2kk+ FLORI
Bowman 500+ It Was german2
Axeman 650+ PICK3
Map Creator
POWR clan duke - SK clan Lord - 3.-3
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

SK1976 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:47 pm The only what i can write about this game is :

WHAT GAME SURVIVES MORE THAN 10 YEARS ???

:))))

Thats the biggest ++++++++ for it :)
We all want to survive it much longer.comb better find someone who will keep working on it even if comb dies :D :D :D
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157