If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Perhaps this has been mentioned before. It isn't a necessity but it can be an irritation.

When a new post is added we get the notice in Orange that something new has been said. You click on it and instead of going to the post that reactivated the subject it goes to the first post in the subject or if a long discussion the first page of entries. So you have to scroll through to find who started the discussion again according to date of posting. My question or comment is why can't opening the new post notification take you to the newest post?

It is a small inconvenience for sure, but it seems if the auto feature of the forum tells you a new comment is available can't it auto take you to the message that reactivated the subject?

Now I will make some fresh coffee and gain a more relaxed perspective! :D
Retired
Oizys

Re: New posts forum mechanics

Post by Oizys »

Hello there! Hope all is well! :D

If you click/tap on the date and time to the right of the forum user name it will take you to that person's post. Somewhat ironic that this post about unread posts was the last one that I went to, thereby making sure that I had no unread posts...

Pretend this is orange though? :lol:
Screenshot_20240424_161203_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240424_161203_Chrome.jpg (56.11 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Not Active
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Not sure that works. The date is the beginning of the thread not the person who just posted. So yes original poster is mentioned but I don't want to read 2013!

Nice to hear from you though!! :D
Retired
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

And why new posts are not long available to click in "new posts"
Per example i created myself a post and it will be shown in the "new posts".
I read them...Not answering it...
Than i take a look for other thinks on the forum....
And when i try to read my new post again (or someones new post) that i have read, than its away after a time and i not find it again :(
Than i go to my course in the browser to find that old post in "New posts" to find it again.

It should be longer than only a short time available.

With "new posts"i not mean "Bell posts". Thats sure i can click them again. No i mean the "New posts" !

I hope you understand what i mean because my worse englisch.

Greetings....SK:)
DUKE of SK-Clan
Oizys

Post by Oizys »

Compbatant doesn't really control the mechanics of the forum too much. This is really just a service that he uses as I understand it, so I'm not sure that's even something he could change.
Not Active
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Ah okay...I can scroll...it isn't hard to do. :D I don't think my hand or stylus will break! :lol:

The old saying applies, you never know if you never ask. ;) Thanks!
Retired