New Gold Sink Suggestions

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

New Gold Sink Suggestions

Post by madmaniacal1 »

New gold sink idea:
A daily toll to use the Quartermaster area.
We all agree that gold values in FT are overinflated, to say the least. I saw a player at start map offering 300m for the items he needed to do the QM quest and get a level, 3 times. QM has become a fast alternative for players with excessive gold reserves to gain fast levels. For comparison, right now at start map, buying a single level from a player who bought with real money costs about 2b per level.

My suggestion to remove some of the excess gold in FT is to add a daily toll to use the QM room, similar to the toll to use the Stables. While the amount of the toll can be up for debate, this would help the game while still allowing those players who only go there to craft shouldn't have to constantly pay the toll, hence my suggestion of a daily.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Omnes Autem Uri
Aogon

Re: New Gold Sink Suggestions

Post by Aogon »

A big increase to the reset stats wizard? Maybe 100 gold per level... :lol:
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I've never had billions of excessive gold maybe enough to buy one pet! How these players amass such wealth I just don't know how, unless it's a clan thing. Yes the going rate for the qm quests is up to 300m for magic planks the most dreaded quest. I think the players that labor for themselves to get the materials will feel quite put off adding a fee on top of the labor put in to getting the items. Originally the quartermaster paid money to you and a level now you pay him for the right to help him? I think we shouldn't forget that quests were done in order to have the right to visit the qm, let's not undo that by adding fees. "We thank you for helping the Alliance and have granted you full access, but now you filthy rich outsider we must extract tribute to continue!!" Thanks a lot! Last time I help a spider infested land to get stability!
Retired
CKA3O4HuK

Post by CKA3O4HuK »

The game world has fallen into difficult times, so in order to maintain the balance of the universe, the rulers of the world must increase taxes :D
Seriously, I propose increasing taxes for entering cities. I propose to create a formula to calculate the cost of the tax based on the player’s level. For example: The initial tax of the city of Silvervood= 1000. Player of 3.4k lvl wants to enter there. We get 1000*3000=3.4m of gold for entering the city.
Forgotten tales and Forgotten lands is my favourite games

My accounts:
OantoskaO (archer) 3400
Aleksey (mage) 750
KOMAPEHOK (dwarf) 200
ivanov221 (swordman) 150
ivanov225 (ogre) 100
CKA3O4HuK and other trading accounts

Map Maker
Leone

Post by Leone »

You don't have to pay the gold entrance fee when you get hero status.

That is an integral part of the game's storyline.
AZ_YT

Post by AZ_YT »

CKA3O4HuK wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:17 pm The game world has fallen into difficult times, so in order to maintain the balance of the universe, the rulers of the world must increase taxes :D
Seriously, I propose increasing taxes for entering cities. I propose to create a formula to calculate the cost of the tax based on the player’s level. For example: The initial tax of the city of Silvervood= 1000. Player of 3.4k lvl wants to enter there. We get 1000*3000=3.4m of gold for entering the city.
In this case, I will stop visiting Marchek often; I will need to find alternative options for the infinite tree. And if I want to go to Silvurd, then either through the stables or the upper path.

In general, I don’t think the game needs this
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Actually, I agree with Gull.
Not everyone in the game earns "billions", I've always wondered about that.
I'll fight for what I think is right!
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

You need a way to sink it for the highest levels.

I think that that best way to do that is, to add a daily toll for the QM, as mad said, but also do so for other daily quests, but have the toll = 0 below level 5k, and having it low up to 10k, after which it becomes higher.

Even better would be to find a good gold sink for those who have a lot of gold, though I'm not entirely sure how you would do that, and simultaneously provide them with good value.

In any case, having more gold sinks is necessary.

Ariminum
First FT Lumberjack World Champion

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, The team page

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Before all the real money pets- main cash grab was pet replacement. Maybe would be a good time to think about adding another pet store for higher levels?
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

that was my idea long ago ;)
DUKE of SK-Clan