enchantment

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

enchantment

Post by blitzcraig »

I have an idea which will hopefully add to gear options, increase diversity amongst players, and improve in-game economy. Other players have talked about enchanting items, and i have an idea on how to implement it.

First, we would need 6 new game items: CRYSTAL FRAGMENTS. There would be red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple crystal fragments. These would drop from the auto boss spawns at a rate of 1/100. (either different monsters drop different colors, or random...both could work) these could be mined too, of course, but i think they should be VERY rare.

Second, you go to the witch by the blacksmith to combine the crystal fragments into an ENCHANTMENT CRYSTAL. Six crystal fragments of the same color would create an enchantment crystal of the same color (six red crystal fragments = red enchantment crystal etc...) ALSO, one of each color crystal fragment creates a rainbow enchantment crystal. This gives us seven types (or colors) of enchantment crystals.

Third, the witch can combine an enchantment crystal with any gear item to create the enchanted item (red enchantment crystal + swamp bow = red swamp bow) I think the success rate should be 100% since crystals are rare, you need several of them, and we don't want to discourage/anger/sadden everybody.

The artwork of the item could stay the same, just change the background to reflect appropriate colored enchantment. (Trying to keep it somewhat simple ; )

The value of the item would increase by a lot (maybe 10 million... Minor detail...figure that out later)

The item stats do not change. (bear with me, you'll see)

When a player has equipped four (4) (or more, of course) of the same color enchanted items, he/she gains the bonus (for example: red Odin helm, red swamp bow, red boots, and red mithril plate --OR-- rainbow sword, rainbow shield, rainbow helm and rainbow armor etc...) The bonus is as follows:

RED: STR x 1.2 + 100
ORANGE : ARM x 1.2 + 100
YELLOW: DEX x 1.2 + 100
GREEN: +1 walking speed
BLUE: +20% mana Regen rate
PURPLE : + 20%health Regen rate
RAINBOW: + 20% Experience gain in pvm

It'd create trade of crystals and fragments and enchanted items, give value to items after you "outgrow" them because you may not want to step up to new level gear and break your enchantment bonus etc. It would, in a way, create seven types of each class... Diversity is good ;)

I'm sure somebody can improve the idea some... Fire away :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
blitzcraig

Re: enchantment

Post by blitzcraig »

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to check it out ;)
⬜ 💣 🌏
Azok

Post by Azok »

Great idea blitz. I love it. And yeah celtic heroes is a fun game, I used to play it. Just dont let it take time from your FT ;)
[Game Mod]
Im here to help, If you're ever having trouble feel free to PM me
Azok-Moderator Account
Death-White Mage-Lvl 48
Azog-Dark Dwarf-Lvl 79
Skeleton-Swordsman-Lvl 112
Secular

Post by Secular »

This seems like an interesting idea, Blitzcraig.
With a few tweaks of course, it could be a potential addition to the game, the only problem I see is:

if a player enhances all their gear with the same type of crystal - let's say, four green crystals, they would have way too much speed. Limiting one crystal type to be used on your character at any given time would fix this.
Last edited by Secular on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammar
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
SoulSilver

Post by SoulSilver »

Very great Blitz ;)

What about adding weapons elements like fire / frosty / or Poison..Poison will be great!

For example Fire can add with Lavastone..y can get it with low drop rate from lava trolls

Same with Frosty from Ice Trolls

Poison can be get by that multicolor spiders

Or this Elemnts get be get by Monsters that will add soon.

This are only ideas...not realy simple at all but i hope it ket y think about it ;P
If you need something (specifically items) feel free to pm or visit my Topic "Forgotten Tales Market" in Off-Topic.

keinname lvl 180 Archer
Takarigua lvl 77 Mage
Karantigua lvl 44 Archer
DKAs Store Archer (Inaktive)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

SoulSilver, thx :) -- Yes, I like your idea there as well :)

Secular, please, tweak away! ;)

To clarify though... the way I'm seeing it, the enhancements would not multiply or stack. After you equipped four of the same color, then you would receive the bonus. (so you wouldn't get plus 4 speed...but rather need four pieces of gear to get plus 1) -- It would kinda make you decide..Do I want to be a blue mage so I have extra mana regeneration, or rainbow for extra XP? Maybe green so I walk faster?

I think it would create diversity of class, and it wouldn't always be so clear-cut about what piece of gear is best.
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I think this is a neat idea. It would certainly add a lot of choices. But I was thinking about the element idea posted above as well.

One idea for enchantment would be a drop chance increase for rare items. This could make those hard to get items just a little easier.

This is probably a lot of work, but what about a strength/weakness "triangle" of elements? Most people know the game of rock, paper, scissors. This way your character will have bonuses against some and weaknesses to others. This could add another dimension to pvp and party/team forming.
It could be done with 4 elements instead, where your element has an advantage over one, a disadvantage to one, and no advantages to the others.

Also, how about enchanting items to deal with specific types of monsters. Holy items give bonuses against undead; items could be made for killing dragons, warlocks, cyclops etc.

This may be a lot of work and be far down the road, but it could be an expansion of the ideas already posted.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
thenates7172000

Post by thenates7172000 »

and insted of color change have a sparcl of that color anchantment and manny difernt spans so u can put 1 tip of crystleat 1 span and 1 in 75 chanc of geting and like red damag +10 blue +10 magic defence purple +10 mele defence yellow +10 speed like that would be good just trying to inprove so in a year or soo when i come back it would b there on each update i will b around to c what it dose that and mod events :evil: