ARCHERS....THE COWARDS!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: ARCHERS....THE COWARDS!

Post by Leone »

Varg wrote:yes....this is how Spartans were calling Persians archers...and of course they were right!! bow....the weapon of a coward?? well for me,Varg(swordman), archers are cool ...my best in-game friend is an archer BUT there are a lot of cowards coming all the time,annoying me and other no-range players using their higher walking speed,hitting and running,hitting and running,yeah ok..what do they want ?? equip drops?? lol coward thieves :lol: ...Till today no archer has managed killing Varg...and no one will...lol..yeah ok i know this is the game....but how about higher walking speed to swordmen,dwarven or ogres??? so archers(only the annoying and fool) have a real taste of swordmen ;) i think its not a fair PvP by attacking only one player....the other player what?? just chasing and losing hp??? a swordman or a dwarf can not even using a skill cause archers hit and run, hit and run, hit and run... :ugeek: think about that mods...and i repeat...my best friend is an archer,i like archers,i really would like an archer as second character...thank you very much...kisses from Sparta,Greece!
As a melee player, I'm pleased that this issue is being raised again and again by others. Credit to the creator for trying to make PvP more balanced for melee vs non-melee classes, but the bottom line is this: melee players *need* ranged weapons for PvP.

The unfreeze potion is only temporary as is the potion of speed. Nice ideas, but I'm afraid that they just don't work. Unfortunately, the game is getting frustrating PvP-wise, so - please - for us melee classes:

PvM - melee classes only have melee weapons
PvP - melee classes can use ranged weapons (throwing axes/knives/shurikens/snowballs/whatever!)
Secular

Post by Secular »

Leone wrote:
Varg wrote:yes....this is how Spartans were calling Persians archers...and of course they were right!! bow....the weapon of a coward?? well for me,Varg(swordman), archers are cool ...my best in-game friend is an archer BUT there are a lot of cowards coming all the time,annoying me and other no-range players using their higher walking speed,hitting and running,hitting and running,yeah ok..what do they want ?? equip drops?? lol coward thieves :lol: ...Till today no archer has managed killing Varg...and no one will...lol..yeah ok i know this is the game....but how about higher walking speed to swordmen,dwarven or ogres??? so archers(only the annoying and fool) have a real taste of swordmen ;) i think its not a fair PvP by attacking only one player....the other player what?? just chasing and losing hp??? a swordman or a dwarf can not even using a skill cause archers hit and run, hit and run, hit and run... :ugeek: think about that mods...and i repeat...my best friend is an archer,i like archers,i really would like an archer as second character...thank you very much...kisses from Sparta,Greece!
As a melee player, I'm pleased that this issue is being raised again and again by others. Credit to the creator for trying to make PvP more balanced for melee vs non-melee classes, but the bottom line is this: melee players *need* ranged weapons for PvP.

The unfreeze potion is only temporary as is the potion of speed. Nice ideas, but I'm afraid that they just don't work. Unfortunately, the game is getting frustrating PvP-wise, so - please - for us melee classes:

PvM - melee classes only have melee weapons
PvP - melee classes can use ranged weapons (throwing axes/knives/shurikens/snowballs/whatever!)
I hate to say it, as it takes away from the true meaning of a melee class, but I have to agree with you. If swordsmen threw lances, that would be pretty rad. Maybe different images for each class, such as Ogres throwing boulders or Dwarves throwing tomahawks.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Maybe give the melee characters all a skill, where they throw something that can stun the target. This way the melee character can close in and fight as he was meant to.

Or make the game more realistic in this sense: in medieval combat, if a swordsman closed in on an archer they were in serious trouble. Running and firing a bow accurately isn't really possible. Perhaps ranged characters should actually have to stand still for a few seconds before they can start shooting. In many other games, spells require concentration and charge time as well.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

*cough* PVP REQUEST *cough*

nice ideas btw
Elia

Post by Elia »

There are potions, called unfreeze potions, meant to counteract the freeze sword skill. You freeze a naughty mage, he drinks the potion. Boom, he flees. Nice. Mage can slow down enemy movements by casting slow down spell. Okay, that's impressive. Then we have speed potions, too. You drink one, you are super sonic. But does the speed potion counteract the slow down spell? If yes, that's great. But if not, then WHY? :(
DUMBLEDORE

Post by DUMBLEDORE »

Ενταξει βαργκ θα σε ειδοποιησω με πμ αν σε χρειαστω!! :D
Dubledore lvl 160 archer-AHOU(lord)
Dark-Mage lvl 90 mage(alt)
"Smaller in number are we,but larger in mind"~Yoda~
AAAHHHHOOOOOUUUUU!!
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Elia wrote:There are potions, called unfreeze potions, meant to counteract the freeze sword skill. You freeze a naughty mage, he drinks the potion. Boom, he flees. Nice. Mage can slow down enemy movements by casting slow down spell. Okay, that's impressive. Then we have speed potions, too. You drink one, you are super sonic. But does the speed potion counteract the slow down spell? If yes, that's great. But if not, then WHY? :(
In my experience with the mage, the speed potion was utterly useless. I tried escaping using several, but they did not speed me up. I died before reaching the city entrance.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Secular

Post by Secular »

Yes, I don't think it's quite fair that mages have an unlimited slow ability. I think that the slow spell should be altered into a slow skill - melee characters are still sitting targets, even with the speed potion.
They get stacked with slow spells, and are rendered useless again.

I think melee characters should have a stun attack, not a freezing one, so the thawing potions prove ineffective. :lol:

Another fix is, instead of giving melee characters range-8 all the time in PvP, and completely stripping them of their true class meaning, instead, we could give the stun/freeze attack a range-8 and once the skill wears off you're back to range-1.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
Elia

Post by Elia »

Secular wrote:Yes, I don't think it's quite fair that mages have an unlimited slow ability. I think that the slow spell should be altered into a slow skill - melee characters are still sitting targets, even with the speed potion.
They get stacked with slow spells, and are rendered useless again.

I think melee characters should have a stun attack, not a freezing one, so the thawing potions prove ineffective. :lol:

Another fix is, instead of giving melee characters range-8 all the time in PvP, and completely stripping them of their true class meaning, instead, we could give the stun/freeze attack a range-8 and once the skill wears off you're back to range-1.
Good idea. We should have something to counteract the slow down spell.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

hmm...a slow skill.....
that would slow down the rate...but...would also mean every mage can do it....because they wouldn't lose the backpack space they wouldn't have the option to have freeze but would automatically have freeze.
interesting idea