Outlaw warning - I protest!

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Elia

Re: Outlaw warning - I protest!

Post by Elia »

MadMikael wrote:I play as a swordsman, and I am just saying whats been said so many times already. But here it is again.

Today I was attacked several times by a cowardly archer. By cowardly, I mean his tactics. He attacked, I would return attacks, and he would run. If I gave up pursuit, he would regen his hp, then begin his attack anew. If I pursued, he would run and dodge, counting on my poor reflexes. If I would corner him, he would log out, cancelling my status as defender. At this point, again if I let him be, he would regen and attack again.

So I got fed up, and I killed him. He logged out, and I was waiting. My friends helped as well. He died 3 times, twice of which I was warned for outlaw status.

I disagree with this. In this situation, I should not be the outlaw. I was just trying to grind with my friends, and this guy won't leave me alone. Really, what should I have done here?

Anyway, if I do reach outlaw status, I will just play an alt for a week. This just seems like I am being punished for something thats not entirely my fault. Yes, I killed him, but he harassed me repeatedly, and wouldn't stop. I ask again, what do I do in this situation?

I read that there were already possible solutions posted for this problem (I could not find them, I believe blitzcraig had one), and I wish very much one would be implemented.
Yes, I hundred percent agree with you. The idea of outlaw, as it is, is puerile in extreme. The current idea of outlaw system requires you NOT to defend yourself. Dare to defend yourself five times, you are an outlaw. Not only you are open to attacks, but also to unjust contempt and hatred of other civilized players.

Now, I get attacked mostly, so are other players. I tried to defend myself; and in this process, killed the attackers. And I am very generously greeted with a message TWO MORE KILLS AND YOU WILL BE OUTLAW!!!

WHY?? WHAT IS MY FAULT??? Okay, it needs a lot of programming. But till then most of us will suffer. I bet I will be an outlaw till the thing is settled. Please have some consideration for us. I am not a criminal. I don't want to stand with them. :)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

-EDIT-

here's what I think (most or all has been said somewhere before, and mostly not my ideas, but let's put it together here) .. should be easy to implement, hard to abuse, and fair :)

1> outlaw after 5 initiated attacks, regardless of kills (unless both in clan of course) ...seriously, you can't just go around shooting people with arrows and be considered a good-guy, even if you don't kill them ;) ... it would have to be an actual attack, not just
target because that can easily happen by accident

2> when you initiate an attack, you cannot "untarget" except by death or logging off

3> when you initiate an attack, you cannot log off for 60 seconds

4> implement new command "/t name" to target players hiding on border or in big crowd"

5> item drop rate in pvp should be reduced to match the drop rate of the same item in pvm (1/1000 for Odin Helm, 0% for dark robe etc...)

I think after these five, the only pvp issue left is melee classes being able to engage (but let's leave that on another thread ; )
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Very well put, blitzcraig. I hope your ideas become a reality :)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
ernie19

Post by ernie19 »

is it possible to disable pvp? and make one map(coordiante) which you can pvp anytime...
username:neoorge lv.14
username:neodwarf lv.38
username:neomage lv.71
username:KROMS lv.137
Leone

Post by Leone »

ernie19 wrote:is it possible to disable pvp? and make one map(coordiante) which you can pvp anytime...
I don't think pvp needs to be disabled or limited to one map. It needs to be fair.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

hmm.
don't forget the drop rate issue.
to be able to.drop items at all is completely wrong....but could.be.used.to.further punish outlaws instead of just punishing people for playing the game in the first place.
drop rate seems to be a punishment for.daring.to play forgotten tales, its like making someone a millionaire, and then making them play snakes and (no) ladders with it.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

and what about ambushes? people.getting their.mates or alts to attack you as well.as attack you themselves.
thats bad news.
shoud.b punished more severly
Elia

Post by Elia »

DavidIcke wrote:hmm.
don't forget the drop rate issue.
to be able to.drop items at all is completely wrong....but could.be.used.to.further punish outlaws instead of just punishing people for playing the game in the first place.
drop rate seems to be a punishment for.daring.to play forgotten tales, its like making someone a millionaire, and then making them play snakes and (no) ladders with it.
The drop rate issue is the major cause of forced pvp. You are attacked not because they hate you but because you are wearing superior gear than theirs! Imagine dropping a gold plate, worth of hundred of millions? How does it feel?
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yes, you're right, I left out the drop rate of gear... I will edit my post above, thank you :)

as for ambushes, I think that is part of the game and a reason for clan... shouldn't be punished IMO -- keep in mind, if not both in a clan, everybody involved in the ambush (except person attacked) would get a count toward outlaw if other suggestions were implemented :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Secular

Post by Secular »

blitzcraig wrote:4> implement new command "/t name" to target players hiding on border or in big crowd"
This is a very ingenious solution, and I was over here struggling with an idea for a workaround on this popular PvP abuse... This, along with your other listed ideas would entirely eradicate any problems the currently flawed outlaw system.

Nice suggestions everyone, hopefully this is a step to some much needed changes.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer