Swordsman Skill change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Secular

Swordsman Skill change

Post by Secular »

I think the 'always hit' skill is useless outside of PvP at higher levels, the strongest monster in-game only has 70 Dexterity.

My idea of an improvement is to, since swordsmen are melee combat (1-range), unlike archers,
replace the skill with the following:

1) 3x Attack Rate, always hit.

or

2) 2x Attack Rate, 2x damage.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
MadMikael

Re: Swordsman Skill change

Post by MadMikael »

I like your idea Secular. I think the always hit skill does do extra damage as is, but it becomes less noticeable as I level up and fight stronger monsters. It would be cool if it were strengthened a little bit.

On the topic of skills, I think the freeze sword should be able to hit ranged characters better. Its difficult to catch them.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Secular

Post by Secular »

Agreed - it would be nice if melee classes' freezing attacks bypassed dexterity, we only get one hit in
(if you're lucky) before the foe is able to flee back a few spaces, rinsing and repeating, since your run speed is far lower than theirs.

Another suggestion that would balance out melee/ranged PvP greatly is, if struck by a melee character,
your speed is reduced by -2 for the remainder of the battle. (until death, victory, log out, etc.)
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

And of course, the log out issue with attackers of lower levels, and outlaw warnings... but thats another several threads lol
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

as a side note, I thought the "always hit" skill didn't do extra damage (per se) , but rather always scored critical hit, which bypasses armor.. does anybody know for sure if this is right or wrong?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Elia

Post by Elia »

blitzcraig wrote:as a side note, I thought the "always hit" skill didn't do extra damage (per se) , but rather always scored critical hit, which bypasses armor.. does anybody know for sure if this is right or wrong?
I am not sure but whenever I activate "always hit" skill, the monsters soon turn yellow. I kill faster when the said skill is activated. :)
Secular

Post by Secular »

blitzcraig wrote:as a side note, I thought the "always hit" skill didn't do extra damage (per se) , but rather always scored critical hit, which bypasses armor.. does anybody know for sure if this is right or wrong?
Yes, it bypasses dexterity for sure... armor on the other hand, I would think so,
but I'm not entirely positive. 'Always Hit' - Is a very useful skill in PvP, but in PvM, it proves ineffective seeing how most players have 70 or higher dexterity early on. I think if another feature was added to this skill, it would entice more players to try a melee class for a change. The other melee classes could also use a 'buff' in their skills as well similar to what I suggested. Right now they are equivalent to archer's skills - but without the range, so it would make sense to revise and give them the strongest of skills.
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
jimknight92

Post by jimknight92 »

I like your idea much secular, melee warriors could use something like this in pvp until a way to even things out is thought of. Now if I were to choose i'd say I'm in favor of x2 att rate and x2 str but that's just me ;)
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive into yours.
jimknight92

Post by jimknight92 »

I read in another post about throwng axes/daggers I think those would be the best way to improve in pvp maybe have the throwing weapons similar to the swords in name but it's a throwing knife...like lv 20 golden knives....lvl 25 razor knives lv 50 iron knives etc. Lvl 50+ has a range of 8 and so on..
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive into yours.
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

I thought I suggested long time ago that skills can be upgraded as u level up. So the effect of skills at higher level is still noticeable
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)