*POLL* Auto Aim tweaking for pvp

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Should "Aim/Advance at Target" button be added?

Melee and Ranged
50%
Melee only
36%
Ranged only
7%
No!
4%
I suggest other
4%

Total votes: 28
blitzcraig

Re: *POLL* Auto Aim tweaking for pvp

Post by blitzcraig »

personally, I like auto follow for melee, attack while following, same base speed for everybody, all can use speed pots, anti freeze potion also cancels slow (and immune for short time), ... might be hard for melee to attack ranged player, but after he got too close, ranged character in big trouble (relatively realistic given the fantasy nature of the game) the only way to get away would be speed pot, slow/freeze, and only if melee didn't use same... you don't want to overpower melee either though, so keep it kinda hard to engage IMO. (also, mages' gear count toward spells, and heal not cut in half during pvp)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Interested

Post by Interested »

To spruce up the melee characters PvP aspect, I think they should be able to walk and attack simultaneously. Therefore one could simply walk by an enemy and smack them at least once on the way past. Instead of having to run up, stop still, and attack. The ranged characters should have to stop still to shoot a shot, just to balance things a bit.

The melee chars are too hard to land hits with in PvP, speed potion and all, it's still challenging to stop still one space from someone who is walking.
Interested

Post by Interested »

Also, all chars should use the PvP style target cross hairs in pvm. Just single click the monster you want to attack, to set cross hairs, then hit attack button.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Phoenix down used on thread ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Secular

Post by Secular »

This seems like an interesting proposal-- adding an auto-follow (attack) feature for Melee-PvPers, but,
I don't think this will come close to narrowing the expansive gap they have with ranged characters.
They still walk with a crutch.

It would be more realistic, role-playing wise, if melee characters were the same speed as, if not slightly faster, than other classes? They are extremely conditioned from years of vigorous training. Comfortably lugging around heavy claymores and swords, bucklers and tower shields, and chain-mails & breast-plates alike-- they should no longer be encumbered. If not this, perhaps an increase in movement speed when armor is unequipped?

This would greatly compliment the idea of an auto-follow (attack) system, without it, I think it would prove rather ineffective.
MadMikael wrote:Phoenix down used on thread ;)
*Revived*
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer
M4G3

Post by M4G3 »

100%Approved
★☞M4G3☜★☞Turtle☜★☞A X Y☜★☞Archy☜★☞Swordy☜★
.☞★244★★★lvl 106★★★lvl 150★★★lvl 168★★★lvl121★☜.
dragkardragcar

Post by dragkardragcar »

Agree.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I agree with the speed adjustment needed... it seems to me that it would be very easy to set speed of melee +1 of mage, then all plate armor have a -2 speed (granted you would still bee carrying it for free, but at least while it was equipped you'd be slower...)

Being faster than the archer makes much less sense from a logical (albeit fantasy) point of view... but it would make the game better

(.. Phoenix down...LOL)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏