New account...cool or not?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mike

Re: New account...cool or not?

Post by Mike »

The problem we have is mages press a button to use spell where if archers pressed a button continuously to shoot arrows too then archers would own. Why create a class to press a button rapidly and no other.....
"I fought the LAW and the, the LAW won"
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

plenty of tests were done, then done again with each mechanics update. you're wrong about the dex not doing anything against the mage, the mage's attack is reduced by opponent_dex (like how others' attacks are reduced by opponent_arm) also, the mage rate of attack was reduced (I believe to 6/second) again, after many tests... though I agree, especially with the name "flow" the mage should hold the button to continually attack... anyway, at level 200 and below from what I've seen, archers pretty much own mages... your statement makes me want to test around level 400-600. (again, I'm not saying tests weren't done, just that I have not done them, and now I want to)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Mike

Post by Mike »

We'll my dex does nothing for me against jony or in fact any mage, it's all written down on paper how it dex reduces against mages but actually seeing it is another thing. Just like arm spell does nothing. I've tested arm spell on 2 phones tto test damage received and how quickly receive it. Doesn't work.
Thefallen

Post by Thefallen »

O_o That makes me tingle with excitement with just the thought of being able to tap-fire. It does have its draw back though, with the way it is now the "work" to fight is much less than the mage. But the mage is a walking cannon where players can dump loads of damage at one time. Fair trade off I think.

That said, back to the subject at hand.

Dumledore, I think you did a good thing trading. I am partial to archer class anyway, but that is just me. I first used sword fighters in games and I decided to try an archer style character once and fell in love with them. I have used archers for my first run of any game since then. I chose to go with Mage first on FT, but then went back to my Archer in the end.

If you really like the mage class better, my offer stands.
My level 101 Mage for the level 116 Archer.
Like Cephissus, I am a man Bound
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yeah, sorry we kind of got you guys off topic here a bit ;) -- anyway, Mike, i'm running some rough numbers with level 400 mage vs. level 400 archer and what I'm seeing is that I think you're right... mage is the way to go at that level (and I suspect everything higher) thanks for bringing this to my attention... I've looked at lower levels, but not this high before (not as much time now as I used to) -- again, we're talking pvp here, not pvm (before somebody else points that out ; )
⬜ 💣 🌏
saab

Post by saab »

I add some mathematical consideration to the mage vs archer debate.

The power of most of the classes go about linearly with level: you get +2 points with each lvl up, you can add a part of them to your strength. Then you can make proportionally more damage.

The only exception is mage class. Largest part of the lvl-up points go into mana. Increasing mana increases the number of spells you can cast before exhausting, and also increases the damage of a single spell. Thus damage goes with level squared.

Equipment upgrade and dex subtraction complicates this picture somewhat, but the basic idea is this. Linear vs. squared growth. It means that there MUST be a lvl above which mage overpowers any other class, even archers. Maybe this lvl is 100, maybe 300. But according to the experiences of Mike and to the tests of Blitzcraig, this level is below 400.

Then further lvl increase increases the gap between mage and other classes dramatically.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Duncan Idaho - lvl 140 swordsman
Jethro Tull - lvl 130 archer
Hungarian translator
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yea sorry for running off topic but as well as Saab says he right also. Im waiting for response from creator for class change from archer to mage. If I don't get it I will possibly sell my account and quit or swap accounts
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

very well said saab -- as a side note... the issue of linear vs. exponential growth (yes, i know this technically isn't exponential growth, but it basically functions as if it were when compared to damage of other classes) has been fixed before (see HP and EXP) so it is entirely possible here as well :)
⬜ 💣 🌏
Mike

Post by Mike »

Put it this way duble. The money I spent to get to lvl 500 i wish i was a mage now. And o won't be raiding my piggy bank to buy any more levels until I get class change or even swap accounts.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

can't say I blame you...but what if the mage mechanics get changed to damage = mana or something... would you then want to trade back too?
⬜ 💣 🌏