username:neodwarf lv.38
username:neomage lv.71
username:KROMS lv.137
toad

Re: FPS

Post by toad »

ernie19 wrote:what is FPS in setting?

can someone explain it,thanks!
it's ombers apeared at down left to screen but i no say wht r this nombers signification too...
banned permanently in forum. available in FB, in lot social network and maybe, in game
saab

Post by saab »

FPS stands for Frame Per Second. It shows how fast your device is running the client software. High FPS means smooth user experience, low FPS might indicate that lags are caused on your side of the connection, due to heavy CPU usage. In this case you can try to terminate some unnecessary processes on your device.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Duncan Idaho - lvl 140 swordsman
Jethro Tull - lvl 130 archer
Hungarian translator
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

Is FPS=50-60 high or low?
BTW, my FPS sometimes fluctuate, from about 54 to about 28. Is it normal?
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
saab

Post by saab »

It never goes above 60 for my tablet, that might be the max. That's perfectly fine. You probably wouldn't see difference if it were higher anyways. Other processes running on your device might cause the fluctuations, but above 20-25, movements should look smooth.

I usually play both on my phone and tablet at the same time, and my phone lags often, while the tablet is just fine. That's surely not a problem of the server or the connection, but my phone is too slow. When it's laggy, FPS goes below 20 for short episodes.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Hungarian translator
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

my tablet has FPS=61 but my tablet character appears teleporting everywhere. But he appears normal in my phone (FPS=28)
What problem is this? :?
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
saab

Post by saab »

joeylamcy wrote:my tablet has FPS=61 but my tablet character appears teleporting everywhere. But he appears normal in my phone (FPS=28)
That's strange, Joey. Do you use the same net connection on both devices?

As I understand things, low FPS is caused by CPU overloading, and it appears as lag. On the other hand, lag can also be caused by network connection errors, as delays, package losses etc. Those can occur anywhere between you and the server. If it's on the server side, everyone experiences lags. If it's on your side, only you experience it, but on each of your devices on the same net connection simultaneously. If only one device lags, the only explanation I can come up with is some difference in the connection, e.g. wifi on tablet and mobile data connection (gprs/3g/whatever) on your phone.
Muad'Dib - lvl 185 mage
Hungarian translator
toad

Post by toad »

on max my android were 98
banned permanently in forum. available in FB, in lot social network and maybe, in game
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

saab wrote:
joeylamcy wrote:my tablet has FPS=61 but my tablet character appears teleporting everywhere. But he appears normal in my phone (FPS=28)
That's strange, Joey. Do you use the same net connection on both devices?

As I understand things, low FPS is caused by CPU overloading, and it appears as lag. On the other hand, lag can also be caused by network connection errors, as delays, package losses etc. Those can occur anywhere between you and the server. If it's on the server side, everyone experiences lags. If it's on your side, only you experience it, but on each of your devices on the same net connection simultaneously. If only one device lags, the only explanation I can come up with is some difference in the connection, e.g. wifi on tablet and mobile data connection (gprs/3g/whatever) on your phone.
i think it is the same wifi.
Never mind if u cant think of any reasons :)
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)