mage pvp cast spell bug

You found a bug? Post it here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mike

mage pvp cast spell bug

Post by Mike »

I was running tests yesterday on people. I would 1 hit them with green flow spell heal them and do exactly the same in a repeat series. I could do this a number of times and their health would stay green. Then sometimes I would hit them yellow. I even tried on other players to ask damage hit and i tried on RyoHanzuki and my spell damage varied from 1k to 4k and this is just 1 hit. Any admin/mod know an explanation?
"I fought the LAW and the, the LAW won"
blitzcraig

Re: mage pvp cast spell bug

Post by blitzcraig »

After testing this same thing myself, I was confused too ;) ... I did get the answer though -> in PvP, the effect of spells is cut in half ... at least that's what we always say, but really, that's not quite how it works. What actually happens is this:

During PvP, the effect of spells are multiplied by a random number between 0.00 and 1.00 ... meaning sometimes the spell will do nothing, sometimes it will do full damage... in the long run, it will balance out to being "cut in half" but each individual cast will vary :)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
joeylamcy

Post by joeylamcy »

Mike wrote:I was running tests yesterday on people. I would 1 hit them with green flow spell heal them and do exactly the same in a repeat series. I could do this a number of times and their health would stay green. Then sometimes I would hit them yellow. I even tried on other players to ask damage hit and i tried on RyoHanzuki and my spell damage varied from 1k to 4k and this is just 1 hit. Any admin/mod know an explanation?
This is explained before. Your spell damage will be multiplied by a number between 0 to 1 randomly. So if u cast just once, the damage varies. But on overall, it is half damage
  • joeylamcy(archer,130)
  • j0eylamcy(mage,110+)
  • meatshield(ogre,75)
  • j0ey1amcy(dwarf,50+)
  • Chris_Wong(swordsman,10+,backup&storage)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ok i could do with a list of dex arm mana and str effects where to find a simplified list?
"I fought the LAW and the, the LAW won"
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Secular

Post by Secular »

Thank you Craig for clearing this up, nice to know.
Sarevok - Lv. 169 Swordsman
Sithis - Lv. 270 Archer