stuck with sebastius quest

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Irot

stuck with sebastius quest

Post by Irot »

After i brang sebastius the symbol & the book he wants dragon platemail & green flow spell. I have both but still can t speak with him. Any ideas or quest bug in offline version?
MadMikael

Re: stuck with sebastius quest

Post by MadMikael »

Is this the part where you have to meet him in the basement? If so, there is a small bug, and you are at the wrong npc. You need to go into the room with the chest near the stairs first. See picture. Walk into the room, if he doesn't appear, log out in that room, and log back in. He should appear now.

The next step is to talk to the npc at the far end of the basement... be ready for a tough fight ;)
Attachments
IMG_20140608_222457.png
IMG_20140608_222457.png (323.59 KiB) Viewed 6991 times
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
shirkhan

Post by shirkhan »

OK, I did all that and survived (ran from) the tough fight in the prayer room. I now have a new quest that says go back to talk to the person that gave me the library quest (Ascanius, right?). I go back to him by the west bracelet dungeon entrance, but he doesn't have anything to say to me. My group of 5 is all at Level 36. I decided to try to stick with the blue knight rather than switching to the mage. This is the offline game, v3.5.

Thanks for any help/guidance.
shirkhan

Post by shirkhan »

Decided to update to 4.0, although I was worried about transitioning while being in the middle of something quirky. I'll see if that fixes the issue.
shirkhan

Post by shirkhan »

Actually the update took it to 4.5.3, but still no joy with current quest issue. Lots of other stuff to explore with the new changes -- I'm just hoping this isn't a non-recoverable issue.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

If I am not at work in the morning, I will try to help you with this as best I can (14 hours from now)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
shirkhan

Post by shirkhan »

I would appreciate the help. I have made my up to level 40. Of course I'd prefer not to have "grind" through all of this again, if possible.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Hmmm... I'm too tired to come up with logical reason here... I'll ask around ;) (in the meantime, check out other quests maybe)
⬜ 💣 🌏
shirkhan

Post by shirkhan »

It seems there are few other quests available, so I am just building up levels. So, if this quest bug means I have to revert to an earlier save, that's a lot of wasted grinding. So thanks if you have any ideas on this.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Hmmm.. I do actually have a thought now. I think some of the quests may have been updated to more closely match the mmorpg version, perhaps this is what is happening here. In the mmo, you need level 75 plate (crafted) green flow and a bee sting... I'll try to ask creator if this changed in rpg with last update
⬜ 💣 🌏