stuck with sebastius quest

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

blitzcraig

Re: stuck with sebastius quest

Post by blitzcraig »

If I understand correctly, you aren't actually stuck because of the backpack size, it's just really frustrating, right? (I'm not making a joke here, it's an actual concern) ... you bring up a good issue about stuff maybe not translating well from mmorpg to rpg.
As for the issue with that specific quest, it will be fixed (with your help) but you will have to help us help you (as you've been doing) and be patient. There is only one programmer and he is obviously quite busy...the rest of us help when we can, but sometimes he's the only one capable, and we're trying to determine if this is one of those times by troubleshooting issues ourselves ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi, thanks for caring. About the crafting part, it is not only frustrating but also very boring because very repetitive. Also, I know that I can complete that part but I have to sell all of my items and some are one-pieces that I can't buy back. Forgotten tales has so many nice ideas and a great potential but you also have to consider how ideas resolve in real gameplay and moving through maps, mining for nuggets that can be worked only in one place, is terribly boring, time consuming and not satisfactory at all. Also what's the reason behind % of success? It is just another time~consuming element that doesn't bring any value to the game (at least in the rpg mode) .
Last edited by 0rion79 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

The mining/lumberjack/crafting aspect is new to the rpg, and as far as I know, you're the first to point out some of the issues that accompany it...so thank you ;)

The holding of items is a really valid concern for rpg that simply is not the same as in mmorpg because there somebody else can hold your stuff if needed (or you can store it in a clan building, which may be the answer for that part, introduce buildings into rpg for storage?) Anyway, sorry I got if off on a tangent there, but what I really want to say is to keep sharing your ideas and concerns, because the creator is very good about addressing/fixing them... I've seen TONS of player ideas fixed or introduced into FT ;) sometimes we've just gotta be patient LoL
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Yes, I understand. I can be patient because I like the game so far but image the scene: an user at the airport or in a queue at the post office using your game to kill the time. Do you think that watching your character mining nuggets (that pop out every 15~20 seconds and you need 50 of them) is entertaining? Or could be something funny to do from a mobile? A player needs a more constant rhythm of action,something more smoothly that allows constant progresses and the chance to discover new things while going in with the game! :)
Last edited by 0rion79 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

I agree, I'm glad you brought this up ;) there are things that are different just by being "alone" in the rpg
⬜ 💣 🌏
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

I agree with blitzcraig here.. thank you for bringing all this stuff up, and keep it coming. I have never tried the rpg myself, so I cannot be much help; but it is good that these issues are being brought to light. The rpg just went through a major update, and few have been the comments about it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Glad to be of help, really! It is somehow coherent with my work, so it is s pleasure for me.
RyoHazuki

Post by RyoHazuki »

I would say that you're right, an introduction of (pre-built) clan buildings into the rpg would be the best fix......
(to the backpack issue anyway)
in the rpg, it is a private world so it doesn't matter, i can see that this would be a lot harder to put in the mmorpg though.

good idea.
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

The best solution will be to extend backpack space. Each member will give few more extra space in backpack. I can do this also for pets in MMORPG version :)
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

blitzcraig wrote:Interesting question about the wasp sting (not to ignore your other issues) in online game, there is a spawn of wasps that drop the stings every minute (or two or five, don't remember for sure) on the same map with the beekeeper. I'll try to get some more input to see exactly what issues there are with transferring this quest from mmorpg to rpg...
In the last RPG version the wasp stings are dropped also after finishing quest with beekeeper. In the previous versions after finishing this quest there were no more drops.