Another Mage mana bug

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

0rion79

Another Mage mana bug

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi. Playing the game, I have seen that there is a bug with the non-offensive spells cast by the mage.
- Slow spell looks totally ineffective, and in fact I have sold it immediately.
- Armor spell works wrong, since it only gives my part an overall +2 bonus to Armor class, without considering the multiplier: 0.1 per Mana point. Being my mage at 19th level with 54 max mana point and being the equation 2+(0.1xMP), we should have 2+(0.1*54) = 2+5,4=+7, rounded down, and it still gives me only +2 no matter what. Also the spell duration is really too brief!
- Healing spell: harder to tell, but I'm almost sure that it doesn't consider the max mana value and each time it heals only 50 hp to each of my party members.
Insider

Re: Another Mage mana bug

Post by Insider »

0rion79 wrote:Hi. Playing the game, I have seen that there is a bug with the non-offensive spells cast by the mage.
- Slow spell looks totally ineffective, and in fact I have sold it immediately.
- Armor spell works wrong, since it only gives my part an overall +2 bonus to Armor class, without considering the multiplier: 0.1 per Mana point. Being my mage at 19th level with 54 max mana point and being the equation 2+(0.1xMP), we should have 2+(0.1*54) = 2+5,4=+7, rounded down, and it still gives me only +2 no matter what. Also the spell duration is really too brief!
- Healing spell: harder to tell, but I'm almost sure that it doesn't consider the max mana value and each time it heals only 50 hp to each of my party members.
More mana=more powerful spells,you will heal much more hp soon ;)
Didnt you forget armor/hp ÷ party members
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Insiders/Inferno! wrote: Didnt you forget armor/hp ÷ party members
And where is it written in the spell description, that the armor bonus has to be divided among party members?
If so, there is still a bug about spells descriptions and thus the bonus would be so ridiculously low to make the spell useless.
Hope that more buffing spells will be included! Like damage, speed or dexterity pumping.
Insider

Post by Insider »

0rion79 wrote:
Insiders/Inferno! wrote: Didnt you forget armor/hp ÷ party members
And where is it written in the spell description, that the armor bonus has to be divided among party members?
If so, there is still a bug about spells descriptions and thus the bonus would be so ridiculously low to make the spell useless.
Hope that more buffing spells will be included! Like damage, speed or dexterity pumping.
Right,but i think its in game help ;)
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Dude, I have tested your theory and you are wrong: I have dismissed all of my NPCs but the mage, keeping of course the main character. Guess what: the bonus to armor class is still 2! So it just means that there is a bug and that the bonus must not be divided among your party.
Insider

Post by Insider »

0rion79 wrote:Dude, I have tested your theory and you are wrong: I have dismissed all of my NPCs but the mage, keeping of course the main character. Guess what: the bonus to armor class is still 2! So it just means that there is a bug and that the bonus must not be divided among your party.
Hmm,so let moderators test it :) if really bug there,it will be fixed,dont worry ;)
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

0rion79 wrote: - Armor spell works wrong, since it only gives my part an overall +2 bonus to Armor class, without considering the multiplier: 0.1 per Mana point. Being my mage at 19th level with 54 max mana point and being the equation 2+(0.1xMP), we should have 2+(0.1*54) = 2+5,4=+7, rounded down, and it still gives me only +2 no matter what. Also the spell duration is really too brief!
You are right. The singe player version have a little different mechanics but the spells descriptions are copied from MMORPG version. Maybe I will unify the mechanics between both games in the future.
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Please do, but only if it means to make life easier for players! The RPG version is already extremely difficult.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

The RPG mage is MUCH stronger than mmorpg mage (damage is not divided by number of enemies in Rpg) ... I personally wouldn't like that changed ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Me neither! As told, the RPG game is already very difficult and nearly impossible. Underpowering the mage would mean to give the final blow to the game and make it unplayable