How to you use skill points to level up your party?

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

0rion79

How to you use skill points to level up your party?

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi, my party is almost at level 20 and I'm starting to wonder which is the best way to use the skill points that you invest when you level-up.

About melee and ranged characters, I have always invested everything in DEXterity, since I have noticed that monsters may have an amazing armor class and it is useless to have a greater damage capacity if you can't hit your foe (lol, it looks like Goku talking to Gohan in Dragonball, while training to fight Cell! :P). But I'm starting to re-evaluate this matter since, even with the best equipment that I can afford so far, it looks like that my melee characters can't deal enough damage to foes and, without the mage, fights would last like forever.

Also, I'm having a bad time against enemy spellcasters: I'm not sure that they need to "hit" my party to deal damage, but having more HPs looks even more important as I proceed further in the game. But HPs are increased with STRength and ARMor, so I'm beginning to re-evaluate the important for the first one.

I was also wondering if improving the mage's DEXterity may have any meaning, since it is only used to hit with any weapon but the mage doesn't use them.

Also, does have any utility to equip the mage with any item that increases the DAMAGE? Like rings? Does it increase the damage dealt by his spells?
Insider

Re: How to you use skill points to level up your party?

Post by Insider »

1.Monsters have different dex,and you need 6 more dex than enemy to always hit it.So you need to upgrade dex of course.
2.No straight-no sense for dex ;)
3.No armor-no hp to tank your enemy ;)
Its about "what to upgrade"
Also:
Dex is almost nothing for mage,especially in rpg...But if your dex 6 higher than enemy's,enemy will hit you once per 11 hits(if im not mistaking).

Damage from gear increases streight,but not dmg of spells(it depends on mana,look formulas in spell description).

Enough gear,which increases streight,best of it:
Rage ring +3 str +1 dex
Fire gloves +2 str
Bronze bracelet +3(or more) str

Use item list and game help next ;)
Good luck :)
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Dude, straight? O_o
Maybe you meant "strength"!

Anyway, if items that provide damage should not affect spells, then why is there a Magic Hat, that only the mage can use, with the following values?
Damage: 1
Mana: 2
Armor: 2

Then maybe spell damage is affected by items that generally increase damage!
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Yeah, that's kinda weird IMO also... anyway, the damage there refers to regular staff attack. The mana increases your mana of course (which will give you bigger mana pool and also increase mana regen rate, but will not increase damage from spell)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Insider

Post by Insider »

0rion79 wrote:Dude, straight? O_o
Maybe you meant "strength"!

Anyway, if items that provide damage should not affect spells, then why is there a Magic Hat, that only the mage can use, with the following values?
Damage: 1
Mana: 2
Armor: 2

Then maybe spell damage is affected by items that generally increase damage!
Yes,lol ;) i meant strenght :)
And,no.Dmg no help spells,but help when you use wand attack ;)
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Wand attack? O_o
So far, I have seen that the mage may deal damage ONLY by casting spells, but he cannot use wands to perform ant physical attack. Wands do just increase spells range and maximum mana!
I am not sure but I am more inclined to think that items who increase Damage do both for weapons and offensive spells.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Yes, I should have specified that the regular wand/staff attack is mmorpg only ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏