Severe unbalancement among recruitable characters

The offline game was the original game and is different from the MMORPG!

Moderator: Game Administrators

0rion79

Severe unbalancement among recruitable characters

Post by 0rion79 »

Hi, sadly I have had to reset my mobile and I have lost my previously saved games, since I don't want to "root" it or I would loose my guarantee. So I have decided to start a new game and I have seen that there is a HUGE gap in power among my henchmen.
Now they are all at level 4, so there is an assumption of +2 skills points per level (that I have invested all in dexterity so far) and those are their stats without any equipment:

Character - HP - strength - armor - dexterity - total - difference with main character
ME: 168 - 2 - 2 - 10 = 14 >> 0
ARCHER: 140 - 3 - 1 - 11 = 15 >> +1
DWARF: 220 - 4 - 1 - 7 = 12 >> -2
OGRE: 248 - 3 - 2 - 5 = 10 >> -4
BLUE KNIGHT: 377 - 8 - 4 - 7 = 19 >> +5

As you can see, the archer and especially the blue knight are the most gifted since they have respectively +1 and +5 skill points than the main character, the dwarf has 2 less but compensates with a pretty good starting equipment and and with nice extra life points, while the ogre is really the lamest: even if he has the highest life points total except the knight, he has very poor stats and couldn't hit a white whale in a black sea. Is this wanted?
I mean, in fantasy imagination, dwarves are imaged to be slightly clumsy but tough and so I would expect him to be more armored (and less dexterous as effectively he is), but the ogre to be powerful and dumb, so I would expect him to have a better strength value too! I just take him around with me because as cannon meat and because he may always land some critical hit even if those -5 penalty to hit is very severe when facing strong foes!!
The knight instead is just the strongest (but far from being useful as much as the mage) without any apparent reason.
What do you think about?
Unit123

Re: Severe unbalancement among recruitable characters

Post by Unit123 »

Hahaha "couldn't hit a white whale in a black sea" :lol:
Contact me for any help
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Seriously! I know it may look funny but, if I have correctly understood rules, there is a D11 system here and -5 Dexterity points in the main character means that the ogre hit rate is 50& lower than the main character (assuming a constant investment of skill points in dexterity only).

If I have understood rules right, to hit a monster a character must have a greater dexterity than the monster's armor level, with a virtual 11-faces dice rolled each time (from -5 to +5, including 0) It means that, if I have to hit a monster with an Armor Class 40, if my main character has Dexterity 40, it it has 50% of chances to hit (more or less), while the Ogre has a 0%, except critical hits. So, the Ogre has already difficulties to hit foes which are easy targets for the main character and is totally useless against the ones that are challenging, since if the main character hits with 100 chance to hit, the Ogre has 50; if the main character has 50% then the ogre has 1% (critical hit only)
Unit123

Post by Unit123 »

My advice- only hav the mage, rest of crew slows u down
Contact me for any help
0rion79

Post by 0rion79 »

Unit123 wrote:My advice- only hav the mage, rest of crew slows u down
yes, but it is not funny! :(
PS: the archer is strong and the dwarf almost ok.