adding more quests for quicker levelling!

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

which levels needs more quests?

level 0..10
9%
level 10..25
3%
level 25-40
5%
level 40-60
7%
level 60-80
10%
level 80-100
11%
level 100-125
8%
level 125-150
10%
level 150-200
17%
level 200+ (first, we get everything for level 0 to 200, then for high level players! no worries, we are quick now)
20%

Total votes: 125
Gandalf
Site Admin

adding more quests for quicker levelling!

Post by Gandalf »

after readjusting the items and adding more of them, everyone can have items up to level 200.

now, its time for the next phases: we will improve quests and monsters.
(besides creator thinks about game mechanic improvements too)

-> quests: you can level up quickly with quests. but there are gaps!!! when i grinded from level 0 to 150 in the first year of my playing, it took ages after reaching maybe level 30. since then, many more quests have been added. but still, many have to grind like hell, which can be annoying sometimes. we will add quests for the level steps, which are the hardest. please help us there: besides the math, you are the most experienced guys regarding levelling up ;) if you can take part of this toll, we are very happy!!! many thanks in advance!!!
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
kollex

Re: adding more quests for quicker levelling!

Post by kollex »

If the question is which level range should be filled with quests, I'd say none should, but rather spread quests evenly throughout the whole 22 - 200 range.

If it's just a question about which segment gets quests first, or needs them most - it's whereever there is a gap between equipment levels, so lvls ~ 43, 62, 87 this way there's always something on the horizon - an equipment update, which speeds up the grinding, or XP reward from quests, which dilutes the monotony.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

there will be a lot more quests soon, so we can add quests for the level ranges, which needs them the most. good idea with having quests for lvl 97 to get to 100 quickly and so on :)

Trusted

Post by Trusted »

I think for lv 0-10 for fun and for stuff 80-100 are good :D
steelheart

Post by steelheart »

kinda off topic but the monster drop list needs changed/updated!Many items no longer drop, and or quest rewards have changed. Quests NEED TO HAVE APPROPRIATE REWARDS!MORE ITEMS NEED TO BE OBTAINABLE IN SOME MANNER OTHER THAN BLIND LUCK,GETTING DONATIONS FROM KIND PLAYERS, OR TRYING TO GET THE GOLD TO PAY THE OTHER GREEDY PLAYERS 500% MARKUP ON ITEMS VALUE. YES I DID THIS IN CAPS TO MAKE A POINT! WHAT PURPOSE IS HAVING A LVL WHATEVER WEAPON OR ARMOR IN A CHEST THAT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO UNLESS U ARE 20-30-100 LVLS BEYOND IT'S USE LVL IE SKULL PLATE LVL 9 IN A CHEST U HAVE VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE OF GETTING UNTIL U ARE IN THE HIGH TEENS OR 20S? COME ON I PLAYED RPGS WHEN THEY WERE PLAYED FROM BOOKS. I NEVER DESIGNED MY ADVENTURES THIS WAY N NONE WOULDA KEPT PLAYING IF I HAD. ALSO U NEED PVP ONLY MAPS AND HIGH LVL PLAYER AREAS.HIGH LVL AS IN 100+. LOWER LVL PLAYERS ARE AT AN EXTREME DISADVANTAGE WHEN A LVL WHATEVER DECIDES TO SPAWN 20-40 OF WHATEVER.
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

thisis where clans are usefull other then for pvp. the higher lvls in clan get theitems for the lower lvls.
mages get blizbeestings for all. mellees tank.
lower lvls can attack unclanned players who attack and relog so higher lvls at attack back.
all have their roles.

i rpg i do agrre with you though even here with clever use of stats and reset mage you can get most items at the lvl u an use it. u might hae to go all dex to prevent being hit and run fast though.
Gandalf
Site Admin

Post by Gandalf »

steelheart wrote:kinda off topic but the monster drop list needs changed/updated!Many items no longer drop, and or quest rewards have changed. Quests NEED TO HAVE APPROPRIATE REWARDS!MORE ITEMS NEED TO BE OBTAINABLE IN SOME MANNER OTHER THAN BLIND LUCK,GETTING DONATIONS FROM KIND PLAYERS, OR TRYING TO GET THE GOLD TO PAY THE OTHER GREEDY PLAYERS 500% MARKUP ON ITEMS VALUE. YES I DID THIS IN CAPS TO MAKE A POINT! WHAT PURPOSE IS HAVING A LVL WHATEVER WEAPON OR ARMOR IN A CHEST THAT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO UNLESS U ARE 20-30-100 LVLS BEYOND IT'S USE LVL IE SKULL PLATE LVL 9 IN A CHEST U HAVE VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE OF GETTING UNTIL U ARE IN THE HIGH TEENS OR 20S? COME ON I PLAYED RPGS WHEN THEY WERE PLAYED FROM BOOKS. I NEVER DESIGNED MY ADVENTURES THIS WAY N NONE WOULDA KEPT PLAYING IF I HAD. ALSO U NEED PVP ONLY MAPS AND HIGH LVL PLAYER AREAS.HIGH LVL AS IN 100+. LOWER LVL PLAYERS ARE AT AN EXTREME DISADVANTAGE WHEN A LVL WHATEVER DECIDES TO SPAWN 20-40 OF WHATEVER.
hi, thx for your feedback. you dont have to use capital letters, we read it anyways :) but you can use them, too ^^

atm, this is the exact issue, that we are working on. it will need some time. we just installed monster levels. the same has to be with chests. also, the monster drops have to be adjusted, correct!

so, please be patient, we are working on this right now.

Fairy

Post by Fairy »

Personaly, I would vote for the addition of level 200+ range quests but as it is not the first priority, I would focus on other options.

Fact is, there are many quests, awarding xp and items to a player below level 100. Thanks to the addition of high level monsters, awarding higher amount of experience points. Levelling up is not that hard comparatively. This, I practically tested. An archer level 80 gained 6 levels in an hour, grinding with us at worms.

From level 100 to 200 is a far cry! Adding quests for this range will be very rewarding for the FT community. A character in this level range constantly suffers from growing pains; the amount of experience points required for level up are very taxing; and there are not any quests excluding the houses and tower one (Which are also level-capped) to help gain levels faster. ;)
Last edited by Fairy on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelheart

Post by steelheart »

this is directed at arrow's comments. Not all of us want to join clans. I did have a few characters in clans and all were low lvls 10-15 and were constantly virtually non stop being attacked by much higher level clan people. Also a note thanks for all the glitches and lags I had 3 ice cyclops n the Archer pet all killed in maybe 2 hrs last Friday. All killed and what ,500+k lost because of the game freezing not me playing badly. Not saying pets should be immortal but they should be able to take some punishment. Disable them in PvP or for anything other than adventuring. P.S. I'd really like back my money or pets,specially the archer
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

since last update item lvls from chest are more appropriate to lvl needed to completr.
i made a new archer and without clan or gifts i got all chests items and all quest rewards except the chests in cyclops and lvl capped quests at before lv 43.
so it can be done. but u need to reset stats and run fast. sometimes u need to log and wait a few minutes to log in.especially in getting book from warlock castle quest.. took me 7 times dying, 8th time igot it.

ps i could notdo this when i first started.now im experienced and trained 10+ alts

they working on chest items i understand.

i understand ur commants about clans,
but i like it if there is a benefit for clans which is not pvp related. as u know raw, my clan, is vry peacefull.