Leone

Re: MMORPG server changes

Post by Leone »

A whole flurry of changes. Great stuff!
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

compbatant wrote:And one more change.
If somebody attacked you and then removed target from you before you struck back you can now attack him back and don't become outlaw :)
YES YES YES.
Does this also work if hes unclanned and lower lvl?
so if a unclanned v100 archer firearrows a lv300 and removes target, can the lv 300 now attack back? no 'too lowlvl restriction anymore?
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

dont forget unslow effect for unfreeze pot please
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

since normally players cant attack guards. the outlaw -guard battle will be one on one. unless outlaws band up to get into cities . a whole new type of temp clan roving bands of outlaws instead of outlaw loners. this might be fun ;)

with this change becomming outlaw at lvls which not easily kill a guard has become much more serious. while outlaw its now hard to buy certain things like pots, etc.
forced outlaw is solved.

outlaw is again a real punishment (if guards are vry hard to kill), which it should be.
GREAT CHANGE
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

rearrow wrote:
compbatant wrote:And one more change.
If somebody attacked you and then removed target from you before you struck back you can now attack him back and don't become outlaw :)
YES YES YES.
Does this also work if hes unclanned and lower lvl?
so if a unclanned v100 archer firearrows a lv300 and removes target, can the lv 300 now attack back? no 'too lowlvl restriction anymore?
Yes you should be able to attack him back :) I didn't test all cases but if something is wrong tell me and I will fix that but is should work as you described.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

If somebody attacked you and then removed target from you before you struck back
great change :) question though: for how long can you attack him back? if it is only until he logs out, this is still not enough imo... low levels will still try to kill you when you're red or surrounded by strong monsters, and still wouldn't really have anything to fear (great that there's no forced outlaw though)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

rearrow wrote:dont forget unslow effect for unfreeze pot please
I didn't forget about it. It is just really hard to do without changing how the spells works...
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

blitzcraig wrote: great change :) question though: for how long can you attack him back? if it is only until he logs out, this is still not enough imo... low levels will still try to kill you when you're red or surrounded by strong monsters, and still wouldn't really have anything to fear (great that there's no forced outlaw though)
It is only until he logs out. Maybe I will improve this and store the status of PVP after logout too but first the current changes must be tested :)
StickyKse

Post by StickyKse »

kollex wrote:Hmm.
Drop to highest damage dealer shifts the balance to archers at parties. 1 arrow = 30% HP. If there are other monsters around, mages' mana will be spent all around.

Although, this could bring back the yellow flow spell from oblivion :)
Looks like I'll be carrying yellow spell for first time in forever haha
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

compbatant wrote:
blitzcraig wrote: great change :) question though: for how long can you attack him back? if it is only until he logs out, this is still not enough imo... low levels will still try to kill you when you're red or surrounded by strong monsters, and still wouldn't really have anything to fear (great that there's no forced outlaw though)
It is only until he logs out. Maybe I will improve this and store the status of PVP after logout too but first the current changes must be tested :)
testing :)