Need Help With Quest Items

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Bunzi

Need Help With Quest Items

Post by Bunzi »

I hate asking for spoilers, but I think I've searched every spec of each map section. I need rope and a map to get into a dungeon. I have the candle.

If there is some story line to help guide me instead of pointing directly to the locations, I'd rather have that. But if not, I'll just take the locations.

Thanks for any help.
Arachnia

Re: Need Help With Quest Items

Post by Arachnia »

You can find the rope if you rummage through the cellar of the miners's camp.

To obtain the map, look for a hermit and help him to get work in the King's stable.
Retired Game Admin (GM)
For contact with staff, please send a PM to GM Inbox

Useful Links:
- Forum Rules | Game Rules
- Game Help | Monster list | Item list
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

Arachnia wrote:You can find the rope if you rummage through the cellar of the miners's camp.

To obtain the map, look for a hermit and help him to get work in the King's stable.
Many thanks. On my way.
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

Okay, still completely lost. No idea where the rope is, or the hermit.

I'm stuck until I can get the rope and the map.

I guess I'm going to need more specific instructions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
kollex

Post by kollex »

The rope is in the cellar in bottom left quarter of the new map. You have to talk to the miner near the entrance first.
The hermit is in the bottom right quarter of the new map. He gives you a quest to run to king's cook.

For both quests to be available you have to finish the main story line quests from part 1, namely, 'bring 1 crafted plate, wasp sting and a green flow spell', 'join the parayer' and 'talk to the man who sent you to the library'.
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

kollex wrote:The rope is in the cellar in bottom left quarter of the new map. You have to talk to the miner near the entrance first.
The hermit is in the bottom right quarter of the new map. He gives you a quest to run to king's cook.

For both quests to be available you have to finish the main story line quests from part 1, namely, 'bring 1 crafted plate, wasp sting and a green flow spell', 'join the parayer' and 'talk to the man who sent you to the library'.
Okay, I've completed the storyline quests you mentioned, so I'm good there. But you're talking to someone who hasn't played this game for very long. I don't know where the "new map" is. The newest map I know of is far north. It doesn't have a dungeon in the lower left section.
kollex

Post by kollex »

The coordinates of the entrance to the cellar are ~0.2.35.50. It is the fenced off area, called miners camp. A miner should spawn nearby and initiate quest ,after which you can go down and get the rope.

0.2 is the newest map second from the left in the top row, or 2 maps up from the start map, which has designation "0.0".
35.50 are coordinates on the map, starting from bottom left corner: 35 on horyzontal, 50 on vertical scale.
Type '/pos' to learn your position on the map.
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

kollex wrote:The coordinates of the entrance to the cellar are ~0.2.35.50. It is the fenced off area, called miners camp. A miner should spawn nearby and initiate quest ,after which you can go down and get the rope.

0.2 is the newest map second from the left in the top row, or 2 maps up from the start map, which has designation "0.0".
35.50 are coordinates on the map, starting from bottom left corner: 35 on horyzontal, 50 on vertical scale.
Type '/pos' to learn your position on the map.
Thanks so much. Now I really feel stupid. That was so simple. I was on the right map but somehow had missed both npc's. So my rummaging through the cellar did nothing.

I'm now in the heart of the mountain at the two doors, but can't get in through either. I don't want help yet because I'd love to figure this out on my own, maybe redeem myself a little.

But for the sake of a lot of time, I'll try to ask a general question. Is there something in the heart of the mountain I need in order to get through the doors, or do I need to acquire something back outside? If I knew that, at least, I wouldn't be searching for the needle in the wrong haystack.

Thanks again for the help.
kollex

Post by kollex »

it's outside, unforunately. i was stuck with my alt the first time too.
Spoiler: Show
try finishing other quests ;)
Bunzi

Post by Bunzi »

kollex wrote:it's outside, unforunately. i was stuck with my alt the first time too.
Spoiler: Show
try finishing other quests ;)
DANG IT!!!

Thanks kollex 8)