Re: a hidden city for outlaws

Post by ayZuse »

Will prolly never happen
Isoril-Mage-5620
Knighty-Mage-2400~~~~PERM MUTE
OhhGrr-Oger-1001
GodsHitMan-Archer- 257

Facebook--------- Zuse FT

The only manor of beast im afraid of hasn't been born yet. And it's mama is already dead.
Trusted

Post by Trusted »

ayZuse wrote:Will prolly never happen
agree
knights5

Post by knights5 »

Just saying that is a good idea
Insider

Post by Insider »

Outlaw status is a punishment, punished players shouldnt have anything 'special' imo ;)
Piffl / El Majo

Post by Piffl / El Majo »

Insider wrote:Outlaw status is a punishment, punished players shouldnt have anything 'special' imo ;)
Right. Please dont confuse about it. Outlaw its a punishment. A player become outlaw mainly for pvp abuse. We cant suport a player who abuse of the game/rule mechanics.
Currently inactive
Game Admin (GM)

Useful Links: General game help | Quest list | Forum Rules | Game Rules

Languages Spoken: Català, Español, English
DaHobbit

Post by DaHobbit »

There is already a "kingdom" built specifically for outlaws, but only the really bad ones. That "kingdom" is called JAIL. One way in, no way out. :)
DaHobbit - Game Master (GM)
Asmodeous

Post by Asmodeous »

Piffl / El Majo wrote: Right. Please dont confuse about it. Outlaw its a punishment. A player become outlaw mainly for pvp abuse. We cant suport a player who abuse of the game/rule mechanics.
Really? Clanning to attack people then declanning is more like pvp abuse, since most are pretty sure thats not what the clan feature was meant to do. It states in game mechanics a lower lvl may attack a higher one but a higher lvl may only attack someone 3 lvls lower than him.

Ive always had a hard time believing that it should be a punishment at all, considering its a game mechanic thats stated and appeared to have been intended this way.

This really needs a bit of tweaking or modification. Outlaws get slammed enough as it is for simply playing a game that invites a heavy amount of pvp. Then punished for using a game mechanic as it was intended to be.

Thanking the outlaws out in this game, hat goes off to you guys since your not apart of a lot of people who make a clan just to kill someone and leave it again once your done.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

this is a really interesting point here to me.... and I've got somewhat different thoughts about it - -

there are two different types of outlaws:

1> the player who attacks & kills others outside of clan protection. this is a regular game mechanic designed to enhance the role of that style of play. In this case, the outlaw is a "punishment" purely in a "role-playing" sense only.
2> the player who is committing some form of abuse (spawn blocking, border/shop abuse, path blocking, monster herding etc..) when discovered, a GM will typically warn first, then one common action is to outlaw the abuser. In this case, the outlaw is probably a more traditional way of understanding punishment... but still hopefully fits into the role-playing aspect of the game.

Anyway, I actually would kinda like to see that role expanded a bit too (adding Knights by cities expanded it a bit imo) However, I'd like it only after other, more important things are dealt with first ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Acnologia
Location: Where you always are but no see me (get good eye, i'm EVRYWHERE!)

Post by Acnologia »

blitzcraig wrote:this is a really interesting point here to me.... and I've got somewhat different thoughts about it - -

there are two different types of outlaws:

1> the player who attacks & kills others outside of clan protection. this is a regular game mechanic designed to enhance the role of that style of play. In this case, the outlaw is a "punishment" purely in a "role-playing" sense only.
2> the player who is committing some form of abuse (spawn blocking, border/shop abuse, path blocking, monster herding etc..) when discovered, a GM will typically warn first, then one common action is to outlaw the abuser. In this case, the outlaw is probably a more traditional way of understanding punishment... but still hopefully fits into the role-playing aspect of the game.

Anyway, I actually would kinda like to see that role expanded a bit too (adding Knights by cities expanded it a bit imo) However, I'd like it only after other, more important things are dealt with first ;)
You forgot poor players who only kill someone to protect friends...