Finish "Houses" storyline first for awesome reward!

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

rearrow

Re: Finish "Houses" storyline first for awesome reward!

Post by rearrow »

Insider wrote:NO announce before translating 100%
in 15 languages?
by volunteers who are players and got other things to do?
in a game with only one developer?
where demand for new things is constant?
with only a very small number of mods?
who dont speak some of these languages?
and are not available 80% of the time?
( no critisism. but a fact inherent of the way ft is sopported by volunteers).

any change will take much, much longer.

official multi-language support is running before you learn to walk.

if the language community is big. players will help eachother, the english/russians willhelp the russian only players. the spanish/english the spanish only, etc.

ft is based on players helping eachother.
Insider

Post by Insider »

rearrow wrote:
in 15 languages?

if the language community is big. players will help eachother, the english/russians willhelp the russian only players. the spanish/english the spanish only, etc.

Before adding something, what needs translation, we wait some time till translators do their work. Rearrow, you don't know how do we work, you are trying to say that we wait 3 months till we get 15 translations and it stops development. Absolutely not, we wait about a week and imagine - about 50% of players don't speak english. Multi language support was added for these people.

Imagine - what if you dont speak English, you join game in September 2014, and... WOW! It has Thai language! Finally you have found game with support of your language! But with next update new quests announced only for English players. You see English player got his free 30 levels, while you cant even understand what is this quest about... Please dont make conclusions when you dont know how we work...
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

Insider wrote:
rearrow wrote:
in 15 languages?

Before adding something, what needs translation, we wait some time till translators do their work. Rearrow, you don't know how do we work, you are trying to say that we wait 3 months till we get 15 translations and it stops development. Absolutely not, we wait about a week and imagine - about 50% of players don't speak english. Multi language support was added for these people.

Imagine - what if you dont speak English, you join game in September 2014, and... WOW! It has Thai language! Finally you have found game with support of your language! But with next update new quests announced only for English players. You see English player got his free 30 levels, while you cant even understand what is this quest about... Please dont make conclusions when you dont know how we work...
1) when I joined FT had in its rules that game language was english and that players should be able to follow gm instructions in english.

2) other languages were added by initiative of players. after quests etc were introduced. first onky a few languages .

3) more players offered to translate and more languages were added.

4) there is no multilanguage support. There are nomods available most of the times who can speak theze languages in case of problems.

5 if 50% is non-english speaking , most of us old players can quit. it does explain why there are constantly people blocking, spawnstealing and not reacting to anything said and breaking rules. every day this happens many times. almost never a mod available. most of us dont even bother to mention it anymore.

Imagine you have been playing 2 years. suddenly lots of new people cant inderstand you, break rules, block your spawn, reduce or enjoyment of the game and no mods are available to help explain things...

big commercial teams with million dollar budgets cant do this. one developer with only a few volunteer admin/mods and player translators certainly cant.

if you want multilanguage support start with getting a big group of mods, ensure there are 5-6 for each language and schedule availability.
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

so I must apologize... compbatant confirmed translators will work on it first, so it will obviously be awhile... also, we will figure out what to do with the contest ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Insider

Post by Insider »

@rearrow

You are saying that translating freezes development. And I disagree - since we announced multi language game support, translating is part of development.

Nobody says that we have GMs who speak all the 15 languages. We just say that quests, items etc. translated :)
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

[quote="Insider"]@rearrow

You are saying that translating freezes development. And I disagree - since we announced multi language game support, translating is part of development.

Nobody says that we have GMs who speak all the 15 languages. We just say that quests, items etc. translated :)[/quo

I dont remember official announcing multilanguage support. as far as i know thats an initiative by players.

and i certainly dont remember it bei g announced that no-longer players needed to speak at lest some english so they could follow gm instructions.
that was in the rules. and it was bloody critical to the game. with all the bugs and glitches in a game under devopment, communication is essential.

If it is official multi language support then there is a big problem because...

game support is support. not translations.
game support is gm.
and game support is very, very few since the gm team is too small to support even in english.
problems are multiplying. i encounter blocking, spawnstealing and rulebreaking every single day meny times by players who dont speak english and dont react. never is there a gm available.

first have support before you 'officially' have translations.
players maki g translations is fine. but it does slow down things and no player should get previous info.

if translation is part of developmemt, u cannot have players do it. make them mods, including restrictions and criterea. but current translators include rulebreakers and people whov been jailed/muted many times. others are known to do anything within stretched limits of rules to give their clans an advantage. this is asking to be accused of gm helping some players or clans again.

THERE IS NO WAY ONE DEVELOPER, 3 VOLUNTEER ADMINS AND A FEW VOLUNTEER MODS CAN SUPPORT A MULTILANGUAGE GAME. ESPECIALLY ONE 'IN DEVELOPMENT'

most long term.players have quit ft. after today 2 more I know because of this. its time you guys start to realise why. it looks like ur not trying to.make the game better. just trying to get more new players, and dont care if they quit in a few weeks because of bugs or inadequate support.
dont paint the house if its collapsing, support and repair it first.
dont run before you can walk
dont try to drive 1000miles on 1 liter gassoline.

thats what is happening here.
Insider

Post by Insider »

Word "support" has different meanings as many other words. See the difference:
"Game support"
"Game supports 15 different languages".
Insider

Post by Insider »

And multi language support(meaning that game will support different languages) was announces in August 2014 :)

Version 4.0 was first version with multi language support. And in August 2014 there was post in "New version announcements" thread that game will support many languages with 4.0 version and any volunteer can translate game in his language :)
rearrow

Post by rearrow »

where is my bloody support. i see translators yes. no support.

i dont get any support in game. 95% of the time there are no gm.present. dont promise what u cant deliver.

i can announce im a moviestar. diesnt make me one

the in game text is available in 15 languages..
support means something completely different.
Insider

Post by Insider »

rearrow wrote:where is my bloody support. i see translators yes. no support.

i dont get any support in game. 95% of the time there are no gm.present. dont promise what u cant deliver.

i can announce im a moviestar. diesnt make me one

the in game text is available in 15 languages..
support means something completely different.
Im trying to explain you that support from GMs is one thing - game support, you can ask support team for help and they will help. Thats our GM team. But no, I dont mean we have it. Understand me right before saying that I promise too much.

Second meaning is "Game supports different languages". It doesn't mean we support players who speak all these 15 languages. It means that game has quests, items etc translated in different languages. Like "Game support diagonal walking" - do you think game supports PLAYERS who use diagonal walking? :)

See the difference? ;)