Pointless AFK Rule

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Barkley

Pointless AFK Rule

Post by Barkley »

I think we can all easily agree, that the afk rule is pointless.

It's intent was to punish people who stayed online without being there, however, but the game now throws you out after 5min anyway so there's no point in it anymore.
The only way to genuinely afk would be using an auto clicker, and in that case just punish someone for auto clicking...

If a person falls asleep or whatever else, and stays there for 5 min and then disappears, that's shouldn't be punished. Only genuinely using an auto clicker should be punished.

So rule 13 is pointless and should just go.

Ariminum
First FT Lumberjack World Champion

Added ideas: More friends list space
Other ideas: New clan rank: Mayor, The team page

Co-creator of the Ember Islands clan map with KalenFirst
Leone

Re: Pointless AFK Rule

Post by Leone »

If there is no rule that states players must not be AFK, they will naturally interpret that it is permitted.

It isn't permitted - that is why the rule is there.

The 5 (?) minute auto logout is a game mechanic to help with the rule and save workload.

The rule also states that players must answer GMs or be considered AFK. With no rule 13, this sentence would not make sense.
messi

Post by messi »

Leone wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:26 pm If there is no rule that states players must not be AFK, they will naturally interpret that it is permitted.

The 5 (?) minute auto logout is a game mechanic to help with the rule and save workload.

The rule also states that players must answer GMs or be considered AFK. With no rule 13, this sentence would not make sense.
still pointless, most ppl play soemwhat afk, we all do it aometimes, its no big secret, example: at work or school, i had the probelm when my boss came in that i couldnt watch the screen for 2 mins because he talked with me, was i now afk? Prob, but after that i was again active so it doesnt matter, it hurted nobody, if ur over 5min afk than thats not ok, so this rule rly is pointless tbh
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:26 pm The rule also states that players must answer GMs or be considered AFK. With no rule 13, this sentence would not make sense.
Good thinking.
Make that a note to the third party program rule, saying that if you do not answer a GM and continue doing things on your account, it will automatically be considered as auto clicking.

Ariminum

SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

i think the old time that a GM randomly will meet players on any maps and say "HI" is the best vs. AFK or cheating like in the old times.

The police should be prsentet more and players will be more careful of what they are doing.

Like in the reallife !

Police present is best what helps vs. crime.
DUKE of SK-Clan
Leone

Post by Leone »

messi wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:26 pm
Leone wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:26 pm If there is no rule that states players must not be AFK, they will naturally interpret that it is permitted.

still pointless, most ppl play soemwhat afk, we all do it aometimes, its no big secret, example: at work or school, i had the probelm when my boss came in that i couldnt watch the screen for 2 mins because he talked with me, was i now afk? Prob, but after that i was again active so it doesnt matter, it hurted nobody, if ur over 5min afk than thats not ok, so this rule rly is pointless tbh
Thank you for admitting you play AFK.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Leone wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 pm

I mean... Being afk isn't against the rules unless you do it "with pets"... So I i would assume he ment it without...

In any case, he definitely didn't indicate, that he does it to the extent the rules require, even if it were true.

Ariminum

Barkley

Post by Barkley »

SK1976 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:24 pm i think the old time that a GM randomly will meet players on any maps and say "HI" is the best vs. AFK or cheating like in the old times.

The police should be prsentet more and players will be more careful of what they are doing.

Like in the reallife !

Police present is best what helps vs. crime.
Agreed.

Ariminum

messi

Post by messi »

everytime a gm game i answered him and was never in jail bcs of afk, bcs im on, if i chop trees and im afk for 30 sec, is that than also playing afk? Lol (just asking) what if ur 5 seconds afk? So u go jail, or 1 sec? Hhmm what then, maybe afk system should check every 2 seconds, to be sure
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

messi wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:13 pm
messi wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:26 pm still pointless, most ppl play soemwhat afk, we all do it aometimes, its no big secret, example: at work or school, i had the probelm when my boss came in that i couldnt watch the screen for 2 mins because he talked with me, was i now afk? Prob, but after that i was again active so it doesnt matter, it hurted nobody, if ur over 5min afk than thats not ok, so this rule rly is pointless tbh
everytime a gm game i answered him and was never in jail bcs of afk, bcs im on, if i chop trees and im afk for 30 sec, is that than also playing afk? Lol (just asking) what if ur 5 seconds afk? So u go jail, or 1 sec? Hhmm what then, maybe afk system should check every 2 seconds, to be sure
According to the game rules, it's only when it's "with pets", but it's not like the rules are enforced as written, instead everyone makes it up as they go.

Ariminum