Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nilez
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Nilez » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 am

blitzcraig wrote:The majority of mmorpg players do not do it for the PvP ... estimates range from around 60% to around 90% who play them primarily for working together with others playing against whatever any given game has built in to play against, and to build up their characters. You're obviously amongst the 10% - 40% who primarily (even exclusively perhaps) enjoys the PvP aspect of the game.. This is fine, no problem here, there's plenty of room for both types of players to coexist in FT. My advice is that you join or form a clan and PvP until your heart is content. The 60%-90% will not bother you while you are enjoying yourself... However, if your plan is to change the rules of the game so that you can force your way of enjoying yourself upon everybody else, whether they like it or not, then allow me to save you some time - That rule is not going to become more lenient (unless it's rendered obsolete by means of a mechanics change) so don't bother whining about it anymore. Not everybody plays the game the same way, or for the same reason as you... accept that, get over your hurt feelings about it, and move on to figuring out a way to enjoy the game :)
"However, if your plan is to change the rules of the game so that you can force your way of enjoying yourself upon everybody else, whether they like it or not"

Well aren't you trying to do the same thing? Trying to keep the rule that protects you so that you can force your way of staying safe whether others like it or not?

You keep saying join a clan, join a clan, join a clan and PvP to your hearts content. For this argument, assume I'm lvl 100 and tell me how much I can PvP whilst in a clan. What are the things I could do?

Edit: No, I do not exclusively or primarily enjoy PvP. When I do however feel like PvP'ing, I'm forbidden from doing so.

Moreover, I'm not trying to change the rules to force my way of enjoying myself upon everybody else, whether they like it or not. If that were the case, I don't think I would've created a discussion and tried to listen to your end. I do not see what's forceful about that. I'm hoping the discussion here will edit the rules. Change is inevitable.

"Whether they like it or not". I do not think I possess that much of power here. Also, aren't you the one who's trying to force your way of playing, whether I like it or not?
Last edited by Nilez on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ardesia
Posts: 2707
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:47 am
Location: Italy

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by ardesia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:25 am

Blitz, you had me realise that Nilez is possibly in ignorance on the Richard Bartle's work on MMORPG players types.

Quoting from wikipedia :: Richard Allan Bartle, FBCS FRSA, is a British writer, professor and game researcher, best known for being the co-creator of MUD1 (an early MUD) and the author of the seminal Designing Virtual Worlds. He is one of the pioneers of the massively multiplayer online game industry.

Bartle did research on player personality types in virtual worlds. In Bartle's analysis, players of virtual worlds can be divided into four types: achievers, explorers, socializers and killers. This idea has been adapted into an online test generally referred to as the Bartle Test, which is quite popular.

The result of the Bartle Test is the "Bartle Quotient", which is calculated based on the answers to a series of 30 random questions in the test, and totals 200% across all categories, with no single category exceeding 100%.[10] For example, a person may score "100% Killer, 50% Socializer, 40% Achiever, 10% Explorer", which indicates a player who prefers fighting other players relative to any other area of interest. Scores are typically abbreviated by the first letter of each category, in order of the quotient. In the previous example, this result would be described as a "KSAE" result.

Me, I'm scoring ESAK in Bartle test :)
And that gives me an idea...
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
blitzcraig
Posts: 3032
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by blitzcraig » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:51 am

ardesia, yes.. i believe he's unaware of many things outside the scope of his own, personal feelings ;)


Nilez, you asked, "aren't you doing the same thing?" ... um... no. you are whining about changing rules which have been established for years (and insulting others a bit along your way) while I am telling you that rule is not going to be changed the way you want it to be. those two things are so different, they're barely even related. You accuse me of wanting to stay "in my bubble" but what you're missing is the fact that while you're trying to change rules to fit your play style, I've been here for years working to make the game as enjoyable as possible for the entire FT community. Trust me when I tell you that it isn't MY safety that I'm concerned with lol... you don't know me or my history here, and that's fine... it really isn't relevant except to say that I have a bigger view of this game and the players than you do, and I'm telling you bluntly, but politely, that the spawn killing won't become part of the game the way you want it to. I think i can say that literally nobody has spent more time on this forum discussing ideas about how to develop the game than I have. I've run in to dozens like you who can only see their own, tiny little picture of what a game should be. (usually copied from some other game)... many times, you'll have fun ideas - sometimes they even get added to the game... that's awesome - it's one of the things that sets FT apart. This idea, however, is simply not one of them, move on to your next idea.

I should point out here, that I am not the developer, nor do I have any say into how the game develops (aside from the stuff I send to him... but even that is completely at his discretion... I do not decide those things) but again, I know the game, I know the community, I even know the dev pretty well; and this is just not going to happen. you can argue all you want about why everybody should be just like you, but the fact is - we are not. If you'd like to shift the discussion as to why your idea is not a good one, I'll be happy to oblige... but only after you show that you understand it's a hypothetical conversation, and not something that may happen
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Nilez
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Nilez » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:06 pm

blitzcraig wrote:ardesia, yes.. i believe he's unaware of many things outside the scope of his own, personal feelings ;)


Nilez, you asked, "aren't you doing the same thing?" ... um... no. you are whining about changing rules which have been established for years (and insulting others a bit along your way) while I am telling you that rule is not going to be changed the way you want it to be. those two things are so different, they're barely even related. You accuse me of wanting to stay "in my bubble" but what you're missing is the fact that while you're trying to change rules to fit your play style, I've been here for years working to make the game as enjoyable as possible for the entire FT community. Trust me when I tell you that it isn't MY safety that I'm concerned with lol... you don't know me or my history here, and that's fine... it really isn't relevant except to say that I have a bigger view of this game and the players than you do, and I'm telling you bluntly, but politely, that the spawn killing won't become part of the game the way you want it to. I think i can say that literally nobody has spent more time on this forum discussing ideas about how to develop the game than I have. I've run in to dozens like you who can only see their own, tiny little picture of what a game should be. (usually copied from some other game)... many times, you'll have fun ideas - sometimes they even get added to the game... that's awesome - it's one of the things that sets FT apart. This idea, however, is simply not one of them, move on to your next idea.

I should point out here, that I am not the developer, nor do I have any say into how the game develops (aside from the stuff I send to him... but even that is completely at his discretion... I do not decide those things) but again, I know the game, I know the community, I even know the dev pretty well; and this is just not going to happen. you can argue all you want about why everybody should be just like you, but the fact is - we are not. If you'd like to shift the discussion as to why your idea is not a good one, I'll be happy to oblige... but only after you show that you understand it's a hypothetical conversation, and not something that may happen
Yea, keep saying it's not gonna be changed. It's not in your control as you said. It's not in my control either. I'm not trying to have it changed the way I want it to. I'm trying to get the community to add and edit my idea to atleast 'try' to make it better. See, right now it suits you just fine, so you don't want it changed and are trying to shut down my attempt.
Our versions of enjoyment are different, so why can't we, over time, come up with ways to fit both styles of enjoyment? Why should your way continue to prevail and my idea be shut down?

You say that spawn killing won't become a part of the way the way I want it to. Fine. How about changing it to become a part of the game in a way that we all are okay with?
The devs aren't changing the way the monster spawns, so they're okay with how it is. Why is it so wrong to use a part of the game the way they made it? I mean, it's literally already a part of the game, just being shunned. It's like I give you lemons and say you can cut them and use, squeeze out the juice and use it, but you can't make lemonade with it.

You have spent more time than me on this game and forum discussing ideas and trying to develop the game, why not try to develop this aspect of it? Why are you just totally rejecting it? I merely suggested an idea, which you can add to and edit. I'm not saying this is how it should be.

You keep saying this is not going to change, so you've given up on trying to develop this aspect of the game. Why can't we come up with something we can both agree on? It doesn't have to be today or a week from now.

Why can't we come up with ideas regarding this and, change or no change will still be at the discretion of the devs.
User avatar
Cashew
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:19 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Cashew » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:20 pm

*sigh* it has become clear to me you have no idea what you are talking about and I'm not holding back anymore lol.

Go read the rules, then come back here and tell me how many how many we have that protects against killing.

I'm not in the thousands of levels, nor have I been personally spawn killed in quite some time or my pets. Unless you count the server as doing it when I get a combo of lag + spawn glitch that sends my avatar halfway across the map. If this is the case then the server needs jailed ;)

Joining a clan allows you to freely pvp anyone also in a clan. Along with also being able to craft a whole bunch of new items.

You have made yourself look like a complete imbecile in my eyes as everything you are saying about pvp is already here (if you join a clan) or you're juat wanting to be able to defeat people that are much stronger than you with no tactical effort whatsoever.

No, dragging monster across a map is not tactics, that's like saying walking down the street with your puppy is tactics so don't even try it.

You do realize when you try and sound like a smartash to prove a point with no information to actually back you up, it just makes you look incredibly stupid.

None of your points have any validity to anything you are even saying, as they're already in game (when you join a clan)

Oh, and the last person that tried to spawn kill me literally died from the attempta and wasted about an hour attempting to kill me.

If you want to give ideas to change the game, go play it first. Don't be a whiney little ditch because you're too scared to join a clan but still want to pvp. I've had both my mainly played accounts in their clan since level 80 ish on my archer and 45 on my mage.
99
Don't be scared, if you're not in a clan then you can't whine about the pvp situation because you've never even played it.





Also, expand your vocabulary to not have your posts altered, it's a shame you can't insult without breaking language rules. Sema like you can't play the game either without breaking rules.

Keep it up and you'll be able to fight anyone can or no clan ;)
User avatar
Ryaca
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Ryaca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm

ardesia wrote:Blitz, you had me realise that Nilez is possibly in ignorance on the Richard Bartle's work on MMORPG players types.

Quoting from wikipedia :: Richard Allan Bartle, FBCS FRSA, is a British writer, professor and game researcher, best known for being the co-creator of MUD1 (an early MUD) and the author of the seminal Designing Virtual Worlds. He is one of the pioneers of the massively multiplayer online game industry.

Bartle did research on player personality types in virtual worlds. In Bartle's analysis, players of virtual worlds can be divided into four types: achievers, explorers, socializers and killers. This idea has been adapted into an online test generally referred to as the Bartle Test, which is quite popular.

The result of the Bartle Test is the "Bartle Quotient", which is calculated based on the answers to a series of 30 random questions in the test, and totals 200% across all categories, with no single category exceeding 100%.[10] For example, a person may score "100% Killer, 50% Socializer, 40% Achiever, 10% Explorer", which indicates a player who prefers fighting other players relative to any other area of interest. Scores are typically abbreviated by the first letter of each category, in order of the quotient. In the previous example, this result would be described as a "KSAE" result.

Me, I'm scoring ESAK in Bartle test :)
And that gives me an idea...
Ardesia, I'm going to take this test right now! :)
BOO!:ghost:
User avatar
Ryaca
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Ryaca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Here are my results:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14000
BOO!:ghost:
User avatar
madmaniacal1
Posts: 1548
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 am

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by madmaniacal1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Ryaca wrote:Here are my results:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14000
Interesting. You scored ESAK as well. Lol
User avatar
Ryaca
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Ryaca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Nilez wrote:
blitzcraig wrote:ardesia, yes.. i believe he's unaware of many things outside the scope of his own, personal feelings ;)


Nilez, you asked, "aren't you doing the same thing?" ... um... no. you are whining about changing rules which have been established for years (and insulting others a bit along your way) while I am telling you that rule is not going to be changed the way you want it to be. those two things are so different, they're barely even related. You accuse me of wanting to stay "in my bubble" but what you're missing is the fact that while you're trying to change rules to fit your play style, I've been here for years working to make the game as enjoyable as possible for the entire FT community. Trust me when I tell you that it isn't MY safety that I'm concerned with lol... you don't know me or my history here, and that's fine... it really isn't relevant except to say that I have a bigger view of this game and the players than you do, and I'm telling you bluntly, but politely, that the spawn killing won't become part of the game the way you want it to. I think i can say that literally nobody has spent more time on this forum discussing ideas about how to develop the game than I have. I've run in to dozens like you who can only see their own, tiny little picture of what a game should be. (usually copied from some other game)... many times, you'll have fun ideas - sometimes they even get added to the game... that's awesome - it's one of the things that sets FT apart. This idea, however, is simply not one of them, move on to your next idea.

I should point out here, that I am not the developer, nor do I have any say into how the game develops (aside from the stuff I send to him... but even that is completely at his discretion... I do not decide those things) but again, I know the game, I know the community, I even know the dev pretty well; and this is just not going to happen. you can argue all you want about why everybody should be just like you, but the fact is - we are not. If you'd like to shift the discussion as to why your idea is not a good one, I'll be happy to oblige... but only after you show that you understand it's a hypothetical conversation, and not something that may happen
Yea, keep saying it's not gonna be changed. It's not in your control as you said. It's not in my control either. I'm not trying to have it changed the way I want it to. I'm trying to get the community to add and edit my idea to atleast 'try' to make it better. See, right now it suits you just fine, so you don't want it changed and are trying to shut down my attempt.
Our versions of enjoyment are different, so why can't we, over time, come up with ways to fit both styles of enjoyment? Why should your way continue to prevail and my idea be shut down?

You say that spawn killing won't become a part of the way the way I want it to. Fine. How about changing it to become a part of the game in a way that we all are okay with?
The devs aren't changing the way the monster spawns, so they're okay with how it is. Why is it so wrong to use a part of the game the way they made it? I mean, it's literally already a part of the game, just being shunned. It's like I give you lemons and say you can cut them and use, squeeze out the juice and use it, but you can't make lemonade with it.

You have spent more time than me on this game and forum discussing ideas and trying to develop the game, why not try to develop this aspect of it? Why are you just totally rejecting it? I merely suggested an idea, which you can add to and edit. I'm not saying this is how it should be.

You keep saying this is not going to change, so you've given up on trying to develop this aspect of the game. Why can't we come up with something we can both agree on? It doesn't have to be today or a week from now.

Why can't we come up with ideas regarding this and, change or no change will still be at the discretion of the devs.
I believe that this topic has been heavily discussed by the GM/admin team and the pros and cons discussed long before this topic was posted. I believe that is why Blitz is saying that it won't change. Whether it suits you, me, or everyone else I believe this issue was dealt with long ago and decided on. I believe that spawn killing will always be against the rules. I also agree with this rule. I do however appreciate your post and asking everyone's thoughts on this thread. I enjoy reading these forums everyday.
BOO!:ghost:
User avatar
Ryaca
Posts: 2681
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Player killing by spawn is against the rules?

Post by Ryaca » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:46 pm

madmaniacal1 wrote:
Ryaca wrote:Here are my results:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14000
Interesting. You scored ESAK as well. Lol
Perhaps that is why Ardesia and I have always been FT friends. :)
BOO!:ghost:
Post Reply