Thank you and help

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Thank you and help

Post by Leone »

Strange title but here goes.

The thank you is for all the mods/GMs who have supported us over the years. You work voluntarily and definitely do not receive the thank you that deserve. Well, here is a thank you from me, for what it's worth.

The help is for more mods/GMs. I have been asked about this by other players but at this time, it is not for me. But it may be for others. Without GMs this game will eventually fail. Our GM team is small but I think we have experienced players who could take on this role. Please think about it (As I often do) and consider applying. I would say that even long standing clan opponents would recognise someone's potential to be fair minded and knowledgeable enough to fulfil this vital role.
Arashiko

Re: Thank you and help

Post by Arashiko »

+1 and thank you, Leone :D
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

+1
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Thank you Leone, for your very kind words.

To those thinking of being a GM, there's all sorts of info out there for you...
I even wrote a couple of advices on it...

Thing is, the ones out there who would make the best GMs, usually don't want the job.
I don't blame them.
It's a volunteer job, and it really sucks sometimes.
An ongoing joke - a good GM quits daily, and returns

Yes, we get some thank-yous (and we're grateful, that's why we do this!), but it sometimes seems like the bad outweighs the good.
As a rule, we get to deal with some of the worst people out there... some the public never know about (thankfully).
But, we struggle on, trying to keep the game running and fair for all as much as we can within our abilities.

My point - we are so grateful for the players who take the time and try to understand what we're going through...
We are grateful for those who show us a little gratitude at least for trying, even those who don't always agree with us...
We are also grateful for those who just play and not break any rules... they never come on GM radar, and they just enjoy their experience.
And we are very grateful for those players who would help us in our work to better the game for all.

Just remember - A GM may have super-powers, and some authority, but really, they're the same as many players.
They love the game, want it to do well, and want everyone to have fun.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
ardesia

Post by ardesia »

It's *so* good to read this kind of posts! :D
[GM] ardesia :: Game Admin :: Currently retired
If you need contacting me, write my vasinta forum account a message
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

ardesia wrote:It's *so* good to read this kind of posts! :D
+‌L͟O͟T͟S͟
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Personally I think GM/Mods need our understanding and support more than anything.

Being human I fully expect that at some point I'll have my knuckles rapped for some OOPS!
It's the name of the game: Life!

But yea a HUGE Thank You goes a long way as well in the moral support area.

I'm one of the new kids on the block, and being an Admin and Mod in another forum I say this with experience:

It's sometimes really hard to 'bite your tongue' and help someone you'd really like to ban/bend/fold and mutilate.

So from me:
Thank you, for using your time, energy and resources to help make this a good experience.
Peace and health to you all.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

LostKnight wrote: It's sometimes really hard to 'bite your tongue' and help someone you'd really like to ban/bend/fold and mutilate.
Yes... this is exactly true....
Especially when you can kill players with a single click, or more if you wish :lol:

That said, such things are just tools, and not to be used too lightly.
I've had players cuss me out repeatedly one day - which I punished for - come up to me the next day all nice, asking for help.
This is especially true with shared accounts - now that's bi-polar on steroids sometimes - if one user hates you, and another loves you....

But we like to think of it like this.
Yes, we keep records, and histories are taken into account in future punishments.
But everyone can change.
If a player changes their attitude, then for me, the past punishments are that - in the past.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711