Quoting Leone from the A good idea? thread, page 2
We need that a "Knight's Society" I mean - for Knights without a Clan ... found this in wikipedia: ChivalryLeone wrote:I remember that. Was it the Knights Society, or am I mixing them up with what you're saying?
So I modified it ... it will become LostKnight's Code of Chivalry when fully tweaked*, also to be know as:Sir Thomas Malory (c. 1405 - March 14th, 1471) was an English writer, who wrote a book based on the legend of King Arthur. It was called Le Morte d'Arthur. In it, he wrote his version of the Code of Chivalry:
The Code of Chivalry for Knights without a Clan
Ω The sworn enemies of FT are our sworn enemies.
· · · (PvM)'s = sworn enemies - simple
Ω To never do outrage nor murder
· · · do not instigate a PvP
· · · if done so in error - die with honour if you cannot escape
· · · · · a knight resurrected will be wiser.
Ω To always flee treason
· · do not commit treason; a crime against FT (Rules of the Game)
Ω To by no means be cruel but to give mercy unto him who asks for mercy
· · · do not be mean, grant mercy to those who ask, even in combat
· · · · if a sworn enemy asks for mercy; grant it (yea yea ... and a blacksmith won't sit on a roof either)
Ω To always do ladies, gentlewomen, widows and any loyal FT subjects succor
· · · succor = help; this means that the knight must promise to help if they need it.
· · · · a sworn enemy is never considered a lady, gentlewoman, nor widow
Ω To never force ladies, gentlewomen or widows
· · · never 'harm' women
Ω To consider any Knight without a clan an 'Ally' until proven different
· · · the only proof: they attacked you!
Ω Not to take up battles in wrongful quarrels for love or worldly goods
· · do not even join in fights over anything less than protection of the FT world
· · · ie: The system wide calls for help at Ashdown or M's Castle
- The "Code" comprises of the lines with Ω
- Lines starting with: · are just for clarification
* - a work in progress - as seen below by Mad - so as not to offend. That is not my intent.