New quest

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

T_Y_R

New quest

Post by T_Y_R »

I completed the new quest the other day the one where you need to free ryaca's ghost and at the end the reward in the white coffin differs depending on what level you are i'm currently level 1585 so i just got [spoiler]a regular 2k bow[/spoiler] and then little after i learned that if you open the coffin at 2k+ you get a +2 version. So now that i did the quest already i can't upgrade or say go exchange the bow for +2 version as you can only open it once... i wish there was some sort of warning example a sign mentioning the reward shall be better the stronger you are thats not that great of an example but its what i came up with at time of writing. So now when i do hit 2k i cant get a +2 version and now feel cheated in a way. Guess being eager to complete quests when they come out so they dont get spoiled ain't that great anymore guess next time i just wait so i don't get disapointed with the reward as now they're becoming level based
NightBaby

Re: New quest

Post by NightBaby »

+1
Does life really get better?
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

There was an award in the coffin??? Bummer...I missed it (I think).
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

Humble_M wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 pm There was an award in the coffin??? Bummer...I missed it (I think).
go back for it ;)
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

dumb questions:

1) will I need to fight the demon again?
2) Is the reward based on my level at the time I finished quest, or my current level?
3) I presume if based on current level, then I should wait.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

They seem like sensible questions to me - not at all dumb.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

They are legitimate questions.
As for whether or not you'll need to fight the demon again, I'm not sure.
However, I'm fairly certain, that if it's a chest mechanic (the coffin), it should be awarded by whatever level you are when you open it.
Unless, new code was added, that's how it worked before.

But, level 2k is a long ways away for me... if I get there, I'll likely just grab the standard one and sell it.
May not get much for it (as there will be more available in the game), but whatever.

As for the OP - yes, it's kinda sad that you didn't know... but, this is how many rpgs (and mmorpgs) can be.
Choice quests - you make a choice, and you have to accept the consequences.
If the content is not new, then perhaps, there's a guide you can look at, but in this case, there wasn't.
It's a live and learn thing... like, when the blue devil quest with the book.. when that first came out, some gave the book to the devil for the gold... and some regretted it later.
That's another thing - future quests may very well depend on what choices you already made (like in the new city, your humans vs. orcs choice matters in some places).
So, like all of us, you can learn - either wait on new content for a guide to be made, or make a new alt and make different choices (I know, this isn't really great with a 2k quest).
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Ryaca

Post by Ryaca »

You will not have to fight the demon again. Just go in the door that spawns the demon and it will take you to the chest/coffin room.

SPOILER ALERT
: Show
it is worth going in there as there is a free pet in one of the many chests
Mad is correct about the chest. It depends on the level that you are when opening the chest. Doesn't matter if you killed the demon when you were 500. Your current level when opening the chest is what counts

Mad, if you do decide to sell your 2k item to a player you can reasonably get 2 billion for it. If it has a plus you can definitely ask for more gold or even levels or pets or skin.
I payed 20 levels for my 1500+2 crossbow but the going rate is sometimes 40 levels.

If you want to sell it at a shop, the bank shop will pay 900 million for it.
BOO!:ghost:
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

Well, I suppose it depends on how quickly I decide to get it.
As players collect this chest, there will be more and more of them in the game, and price will drop.
If you are correct about the shop price though, I may just go for that if I don't find a better offer though :lol:
Simply because, I don't feel like sitting around trying to sell the silly thing.
I'll never have a 2k archer... and it's unlikely I'll get the + variation.
Although... on that line of thinking, with your post info, I could think to leave it in the chest, and maybe - just maybe - one day get the + variation, which would be worth more. Still though, any archer who reaches 2k can likely get their own + variation (unless, they didn't read this post).
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
T_Y_R

Post by T_Y_R »

But why change it now all of a sudden and put it on a coffin/chest containing a 2k item without warning? That is what frustrated me the most now i'll not get a bow of my own without having to pay for it with money out of my pocket most likely via levels etc which probably won't be cheap

That is true though it is an RPG I just got little sad i'm gona be missing out on the +2 version because thats all. I hope some people who do read this and haven't done the quest at least know about that the tier of the weapon you get is based off your level at the time of opening the coffin