Discussion on mage pvp

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Eternalz
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:57 am

Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Eternalz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 am

I understand that mage are best at pvp because we can spam heal and armor, but does anyone else feel like our ability to actually secure a kill is far less than other classes? Most of the time our opponent is able to run away, and sometimes we will even struggle when there is a huge level gap in our favor. I'm speaking from experience and from what I've seen and learned from speaking to high level mages.

So I have a question. High level mages, and high level players in general, tell me of your 1v1 experiences and what you liked or didn't like.

This isn't a complaint post. I just want to learn more about the class I play. I know that changes to mage class are unlikely.
Eternalz
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Eternalz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:06 am

Mages tell me how it is fighting people lower level than you, higher level than you, etc. Other classes, are you able to put up a good fight against higher level mages? Are lower level mages able to put up a good fight with you? Thanks. Just looking for people to share their wisdom. Don't focus on debating the person above you or below you, I just want everyone opinion and their experiences.
User avatar
ryaca_
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 am

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by ryaca_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 am

This dead horse has been beaten so many times.
Eternalz
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Eternalz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:15 am

ryaca_ wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:13 am
This dead horse has been beaten so many times.
I'm a low lvl player I just wanna know how mage pvp is like at higher levels
User avatar
Leone
Posts: 3662
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Ashdown Village

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Leone » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:03 pm

I typed key word 'balance' in forum search and here are the results. Many of the posts will answer your query as the issue you raised has been discussed over and over again.

Here is a summary:

Mages think they have it difficult.
Non-mages think that mages are over powered.

Here is the link I mention. There are more specific searches if you wish.

search.php?keywords=Balance

Edit: a second search with key words 'mage imbalance':

search.php?keywords=Mage+imbalance
Eternalz
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Eternalz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Leone wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:03 pm
I typed key word 'balance' in forum search and here are the results. Many of the posts will answer your query as the issue you raised has been discussed over and over again.

Here is a summary:

Mages think they have it difficult.
Non-mages think that mages are over powered.

Here is the link I mention. There are more specific searches if you wish.

search.php?keywords=Balance

Edit: a second search with key words 'mage imbalance':

search.php?keywords=Mage+imbalance
Well from what I've read I definitely see an imbalance. It doesn't make sense that a lvl 8k mage should be struggling in a fight against a lvl 4k mage despite the massive level gap. It's sad that we bring up imbalances about a class and then we're immediately dismissed because the topic has been brought up too much, or everyone thinks we're op. Without these nerfs we would definitely be op, I just think we've been nerfed too hard in some parts.
User avatar
Leone
Posts: 3662
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Ashdown Village

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Leone » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:01 pm

It also doesn't make sense that a 3k mage beats a 4k or 5k archer, but that's where we are.

Also, the magic resistance on non-mage gear has been significantly reduced in the last few weeks - another round of nerfing that hasn't really been mentioned.
Eternalz
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:57 am

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by Eternalz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:06 pm

Leone wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:01 pm
It also doesn't make sense that a 3k mage beats a 4k or 5k archer, but that's where we are.

Also, the magic resistance on non-mage gear has been significantly reduced in the last few weeks - another round of nerfing that hasn't really been mentioned.
"3k mage beats a 4k or 5k archer"

See that's the info I was looking for. I wanted to know the pros and cons of high lvl mage pvp. From what you have seen, what do you think of the mages ability to actually secure a kill? Do you find that their opponents can run too easily, or that the mage is able to finish them off? Also, do archers have a cool down on their stun? Do swordsman?
User avatar
SellSword
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:16 pm
Location: Ardesia

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by SellSword » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:42 pm

I don't PvP, but yes on cooldowns for all skills for all classes with the exception of mages. I suppose those aren't really "skills" in the same sense though.
Warriors are not the ones who always win, but the ones that always fight.
User avatar
ryaca_
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 am

Re: Discussion on mage pvp

Post by ryaca_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:51 pm

This topic was "immediately dismissed" by me because there are numerous threads on this very issue. Simple forum searches will bring up many topics that can be continued that have discussed this very issue over and over again.
Post Reply