The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

Re: The results of a low level player's boredom while grinding

Post by WARBRINGER »

B3lf wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:59 pm Oh my god, fragarach sword, mithril club and diamond staff for a quest... (i know where to get the sword, rest? Dont even know where to start). Is there a place i can craft lv100 items? When i started i thought i can craft lv100 items at blacksmith...doesnt seem like it, lv75 is max, so im kinda stuck on this quest.
I will try to buy those at 0.0 (so giving up on mithril rod :( ), well i dont see a high chance for it though.
Diamond staffs, I'm not sure about, but Mithril clubs can definitely be crafted, though I'm not sure if it's at the blacksmith or in clan crafting buildings :D If you think that's bad, just wait till around level 200! You'll be spending 5 BILLION on one quest!
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

WARBRINGER wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:44 pm
B3lf wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:59 pm Oh my god, fragarach sword, mithril club and diamond staff for a quest... (i know where to get the sword, rest? Dont even know where to start). Is there a place i can craft lv100 items? When i started i thought i can craft lv100 items at blacksmith...doesnt seem like it, lv75 is max, so im kinda stuck on this quest.
I will try to buy those at 0.0 (so giving up on mithril rod :( ), well i dont see a high chance for it though.
Diamond staffs, I'm not sure about, but Mithril clubs can definitely be crafted, though I'm not sure if it's at the blacksmith or in clan crafting buildings :D If you think that's bad, just wait till around level 200! You'll be spending 5 BILLION on one quest!
Well, lv75 is max that can be crafted at blacksmith (at least didnt see any higher). Clubs are dropped by club stans (got from friend), staff (got from friend) done too, searching for last rebel in the last house (bottom right, left it for last). I saw a quest chain at lv150 wich takes around 2.5b gold (and some items too). As for why i dont see a high chance to buy them (mentioned it a phew times); i dont understand russian, and dont understand spanish (quite a lot russian at spawn selling).
Sometimes time flies like a lead-winged concrete owl.
I didnt see the forest because of a tree.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Another day, another mining session (reached lv4 in crafting :D ), reached lv108, a tiny bit shy of 109. I was browsing a forum a lot today, found out that the auction house is a highly wanted thing in the game. There are complete concepts too (excluding textures)! As i was grinding today i realised again that i dont really use pets even as storage (except for mining) as grey trolls are...well, weak (hope spiders are better). My thoughts didnt go askew today (some slight problems in rl wich occupied my mind), but still thought my previous ideas a bit further through, like the board thingy (or market/auction house), gold shop pets after lv360, clan thingys. I wont say anymore about the 1st as it is discussed in many topics already (still a much needed feature though), pets should be added between lv40 and lv125 (at least one at around 80-90). As for the clan thingys; left mine a phew days prior (some say join a neutral clan, but a new clan isnt that?), original leader left, half of lords left, marshalls got kicked (alongside my friends), and of those who stayed only me and a lord could speak english (next day saw that lord without clan, he finally went up in lvl after a phew days), rest portuguese. "We" didnt have any building (basically the only advantage of clans in my opinion; maybe friends eventually as you mingle with clan mates), only had the forced pvp. Im not saying it should be removed (quite the opposite, as clans clearly gives great advantages, eich is apparent from lv100), but some slight adjustment due to increased lvl differences between old and new players should still be made (no, im not complaining. Complaining is when you go all around and cry to everyone about something. What i do now is telling my opinions, while providing facts that makes it worthwhile to consider it, just like previously). These adjustments wont have too much of an impact on old players, while helping newer ones grow even when they are in a new clan. I would limit the attacking range to 1equipent tier (counted in weapons) untill lv750, then 2tier till lv2000, while no limit upwards above that (still 2tier "downwards" (wich would mean a lv749 clanned player can be attacked by those who uses up to lv750 weapons (so this needs some improvements), while lv750 players can be attacked by those using up to lv1500 weapons. The weapon itself isnt the deciding factor, it just shows the next "tier's" minimum lvl). The idea isnt perfect (close to next tiers), but with some slight adjustments it would be presentable. As for why i came up with it; like i said previously, the game is growing up alongside with its players. Why scare away potential new players with old mechanics?
The next is clan quests. I cant show exact numbers as im not familiar with the speed of higher mining and felling lvls, but the items needed for quests can be like this: trunks, magic trunks, stones, iron ores, carbon ores, (maybe gold ore for clan treasury quests), mithril ores, (platinum ores for higher difficulty), meteor stones, soul stones and gems (ruby? and emerald?); these are the items required by gathering quests.
Crafting quests are divided to 2mayor part: material crafting (like planks, ingots) and equipment crafting (again, different lvl items for different difficultys).
Fighting is again divided to 2mayor parts (one of wich is divided further): pve and pvp. Pve is just plain grinding (higher difficulty asks for items only obtained from specific monsters). As for pvp. It is divided into "warfare" and "head hunter" quests. Warfare is either sieging or defending (with a subquest:gather missiles!), choosable at the start of each quest (should be weekly or monthly, so can be choosen weekly/monthly). Head hunter is killing a specified amount of specific lvl enemy (new option, opposite of allies). Rewards are: exp, gold (personal gold and treasury gold, neither too much, but still worth to do it), free building lvl (the rewarded item, wich is used for building lvl can be sold/traded, providing another way for allies to help each other, though free building lvls shouldnt be too high, not sure about the numbers, would like to hear some opinions). The free building lvl would be the reward for the monthly quest, exp for daily and gold for weekly (still some exp on all quest, but lower amount as at other quests exp is a side reward)
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

The enemy list would work with current mechanics, and providing targets for headhunter quests.
As for lv10-99, they can attack each other (they are considered the same tier as there are quite a lot equipment in this range). Another addition is if clan A's player attacks clan B's, and he retaliates (wich isnt defending himself, in this case its attacking after a successful kill), they are added to each others enemy list for a week. Alternatively, clan A's members can choose to help out, though it would mean retaliating (so added to each others enemy list instantly).
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Today i was chatting with a friend (lv47 archer), and both of us found strange theres no arrows. He had to log off, but this "problem" lingered in my mind, so here it is:
Wooden arrow (lv0), could be made of a single trunk (10% base success rate, stats:str+1 dex+1)
Improved wooden arrow (lv5) made of a single plank (10% base success rate, stats: str+2 dex+1)
Stone-tipped arrow (lv10) made of 1trunk, 1stone (10% base success rate, stats: str+3)
Iron-tipped arrow (lv20) made of 1trunk, 1iron ingot (15% base success rate, stats: str+4 dex+2)
Improved iron-tipped arrows (lv25), made of 1plank, 2irom ingots (5% base success rate, stats: str+6, dex+3)
Steel-tipped arrows (lv50), made of 1trunk, 1steel ingot (5% base success rate, stats: str+8 dex+4)
Improved steel-tipped arrows (lv75), made of 1plank, 3steel ingot (5% base success rate, stats: str+9 dex+5)
Mithril-tipped arrows (lv100), made of 1magic trunk, 1mithril ingot (5% base success rate, stats: str+12 dex+6)
Improved mithril-tipped arrows (lv150), made of 1magic plank, 3mithril ingots (5% base success rate, stats: str+15, dex+9)
Meteor-tipped arrows (lv200), made of 2meteor stones, 2magic trunks (15% base success rate, stats:str+18, dex+12)
Soul-tipped arrows (lv250), made of 2soul stones, 2magic trunks (10% base success rate, stats: str+20, dex+15)
Improved meteor-tipped arrows (lv500), made of 2meteor ingots, 2magic planks (5% base success rate, stats: str+25, dex+18)
Improved soul-tipped arrows (lv750), made of 2soul ingots, 2magic planks (5% base success rate, stats: str+27, dex+22)
Lv1000 and higher arrows would use petrified wood, petrified leaves and soul/magic ingots (im not sure about stats and success rates, nor amount of required materials, would like to hear some opinions. If any of the previous arrow stats, materials or success rates are inapropriate, please tell me)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

This is one of those ideas that you have to consider two things. One how real do we want this game to be in it following physical realities in the real world and two given the already massive workload to be a complete player in this game do we want to have to work more?

If we follow reality all swords/axes should need sharpened and ought to break. Spells should progress what mage only knows 5 spells in mage lore? All players would need to eat and yes archers shouldn't have infinite arrows.

If one class had to gather materials to upgrade arrows all classes would have to be required to upgrade constantly as well for equality. This would require quite a bit of game change.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm the only swordsman who actually DOES sharpen his sword?!?! :shock:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Gullander wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 pm This is one of those ideas that you have to consider two things. One how real do we want this game to be in it following physical realities in the real world and two given the already massive workload to be a complete player in this game do we want to have to work more?

If we follow reality all swords/axes should need sharpened and ought to break. Spells should progress what mage only knows 5 spells in mage lore? All players would need to eat and yes archers shouldn't have infinite arrows.

If one class had to gather materials to upgrade arrows all classes would have to be required to upgrade constantly as well for equality. This would require quite a bit of game change.
I didnt considser the reality side at all, nor having to replenish arrows (these would work like shields, make it once, you have it till you sell/loose it. Its a fantasy game, why the need to replenish arrows?). All 1handed axe and 1handed sword (and crossbows) allows shields. Arrows would only be equippable with bows (those are 2handed, so arrows might have to be weaker. Though in that case it wouldnt have too much impact). The materials, stats and success rates are only references (i would only post this idea in suggestions if the whole thing is thought through, like stats, success rates and materials for all arrows, and if many support this idea. If needed we can "add" (come up with a concept) for mage secondary equipments like magic orbs or whatever too, as mages dont have anything for that, just like all 2handed weapon).
These would only provide some additional stats to archers, there wouldnt be a need to craft them at all (much less replenish as these would still be infinite arrows), as they arent a neccessity (same with shields; you dont have to get one to be able to fight, though useful with 1handed weapons).
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Ok I will refrain from commenting until they are in the suggestions topic. :D I have my own wish lists of things I would like to see to enhance as you say a fantasy game...still waiting for the skin of a nordic warrior riding an armored pig! :lol: Sorry to detract from the intention of the thread. Keep on writing, I know from experience what enjoyment that can bring. ;)
Retired
B3lf

Post by B3lf »

Gullander wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:50 pm Ok I will refrain from commenting until they are in the suggestions topic. :D I have my own wish lists of things I would like to see to enhance as you say a fantasy game...still waiting for the skin of a nordic warrior riding an armored pig! :lol: Sorry to detract from the intention of the thread. Keep on writing, I know from experience what enjoyment that can bring. ;)
The "intentions" of the thread is to list ideas that came from "boredom while grinding", while true intention is to chase away boredom (and to chat about ideas wich arent ready for suggestions topic yet, this way some may "grow up to be good adults", or in simpler terms getting polished here until they are complete enough, so comments are more than welcome, be it positive or negative; these shows where i need to polish my "results of boredom")
You can also consider this thread a "preliminary suggestions thread" (and i mean it. If you have a suggestion, but not polished enough i hope this thread grows enough for it to help with them; this was my main intention when creating it. The title says "low level"; this is relative ;) )
Oh, would love to see that skin :D