Santa and the Ice Trolls: Revisted

As the description says!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Santa and the Ice Trolls: Revisted

Post by Gullander »

Hello everyone! Here is this year's Christmas story! It can be read alone but will mean much more if you read the first tale about Santa and the Ice Trolls from last year first. The link is below. It will take 5 days to post it all so check in everyday! I hope you have fun reading it as I had fun writing it. :D

https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... ce#p132547
Retired
Gullander

Re: Santa and the Ice Trolls: Revisted

Post by Gullander »

Here is chapter one!

Santa and the Ice Trolls-Revisited!

After the affair of the attempt of the Ice Troll King to acquire Santa’s magic bag the King was sullen and depressed. The forever quest Santa put in place always meant the fabled magic bag was forever the property of the ice trolls for FT travelers to gain back and forever returning to Santa. It never remained long enough in his realm for him to try and pull out of it rare and unusual treasures for himself. In spite of this it was ever on his mind if only there still remained a way to get it for his own possession. In desperation he did what he really didn’t want to do, to send message to his kin throughout the realm for a conference with promises if the magic bag could be gained he would share its unlimited wealth with them. He still thought the bag itself was magic and all he needed to do was think of what he desired, put his hand in, and pull it out! Of course we know from our previous tale the Ice Troll jester learned the magic was in Santa himself and the bag was merely a festive looking bag. So we pick up the story with this conference including his kin, most of them despised by the King, a counselor from the grey trolls, from the ice gremlins, and the fiery distant kin the lava golems and lava trolls.

One- A Historic Conference

IK- Ice Troll King
IM- Ice troll mage (the King’s counselor)
J- the King’s jester
GC- grey troll counselor
IC-ice gremlin counselor
LC-lava golem counselor who also speak in behalf of the lava trolls
SC- sand troll counselor (a minority in the Ice Troll realm)
PC-plasma golem counselor (a minority in the Lava Golem realm)

The Ice Troll King waves to his counselor to begin the meeting. The King is almost as anxious to get this meeting over and done with as he is to find a way to get the bag!
IM- Welcome counselors! Our thanks for your prompt and gracious response for this meeting.
J- Gracious, spacious…anyone else feel crowded!
IM- (revealing his wand and looking in the jesters direction) Never mind that fool, he cannot grasp what importance this meeting has. Now His Majesty will address you.
J- grasp, gasp!…
IK- Yes thank you for coming….to the point then…you may have noticed outside our entrance the person of Santa standing in the snow. He has a most wondrous magic bag able to provide to its owner unlimited and rare treasures! We must get this bag for our kind! Counselor continue..
IM- There is a strong magic upon the bag and we are not able yet to secure it though we try constantly. It is our hope this conference might provide us ways to break this spell and get the bag for our mutual advantage.
J- words, schmurds, you hurt my head, I must lay upon my bed (he makes the kings feet a pillow)
IK- Yes we must have this bag…I must have it…er…so we all can benefit of course.
IM- Now what do you have to say? What have you heard or learned that may help?
GC- We alas are caught in a similar problem your majesty, we guard a beautiful crystal in its shrine but it is constantly stolen away only to appear back again. Every time someone approaches our kind are summoned to attack the offender, whether we want to or not. It is a very tiresome thing, but we have not yet found out how to free ourselves.
J- The day is grey, the crystal away, yet they stay, come what may
IM- Thank you, but who might have something useful to say?
IC- Your majesty we do not have any way to break this spell. We have our own problem with warriors coming constantly to kill 200 of our kind as if some kind of bounty is upon our heads!
IM- Hmm…we seem to still be at an impasse.
IK- (getting agitated and rather animated) Oh please we must get this bag!!!! Doesn’t anyone have an idea even if only a glimmer of a chance at working? I refuse to be defeated in this!
J- (removing himself from the kings feet) the feet, the feet, they love defeat!
IM- (zaps the jester vehemently) Silence fool! Now Lava Golems…anything to add?
LC- Your majesty needs to chill out!!
J-(beaming) The lava guy is fun to make such a pun!
IK- How dare you address my person like this!
LC- You are well on your way to becoming a lava golem! Ha ha ha…fire inside means fire outside!
IK- Oh what a horrendous thought…you are destroying my throne room with all the melting you are causing!! Perhaps my mage should deal with you!
J- oh goody, oh goody, a battle of brats having a big childish spat!
IM-(zaps jester again) that is enough out of you!
LC- Well…I can go… that is if you don’t want to hear what I have to suggest…
IK to IM- The insolence of these lava brutes…do you think he really knows anything?
IM to IK- Your Majesty we better let him speak…and calm your royal person
IK- (takes deep sigh) Very well, we will disregard the previous high spirits, what have ye to say?
LC- There isn’t any way to break the spell. It is magic of the highest order and cannot be undone but by the person who cast it. And since I understand this Santa here outside your cavern is a phantom of sorts without a real presence here we cannot catch him either to make him break the spell, as if he would anyway.
J- Oh all now run away! This failure utter will make the King to mutter!
IK-Zap him!!!! (IM complies) So that is it? My hopes dashed yet again?

Before anyone can answer the sand troll counselor and plasma counselor have their own conference privately. It seemed obvious that they were being politely included but were not going to be given the chance to speak.
SC- Isn’t this typical…left out…as if we are non-trolls or golems.
PC- Exactly, just because we are smaller in number they seem intent on viewing us as small.
SC- You know what, I hope this all fails. If it does succeed we may get a trifle trickle down to us but wouldn’t be included.
PC- I am with you there! I hope they all get upset at each other and we can snicker at how stupid they are acting. I think the jester is with us!
SC- Yes he is a good sort, and much smarter than anyone gives him credit for. I understand the King only made it to 4th level Ice Academy, I went to the Ice Institute after the Academy.
PC- Yes they think we are dumb and worthless because we are few, but we can excel when given an opportunity.
SC-Well this is one opportunity I don’t want my trolls to be part of.
PC- Agreed, I am sure my golem kin will not support it. Look LC is ready to say something again.

During this time the King and his counselor had been mumbling and the counselor attempted to calm the King. It was when the group seemed poised to break up the Lava Golem counselor spoke out.
LC- Did I say there was nothing we could do?
IK- Well…no…but if no bag then what?
LC- How long has Santa been here?
IK- Many years for sure…go on…
LC- Oh you haven’t heard have you?
IK- Heard what!!!! Get on with it!!!
J- With lava the king does fill, soon explosions will all spill!
LC- he he he…don’t zap him…ok I will spill (smiles broadly) the news to you
GC and IC- yes please tell us we want to know also!
LC- Over the years Santa has given magical gifts to a number of so called deserving FT residents, if there be such a thing with these human types. I suggest we gather all these items, he he, capture the owners that is and steal them. When we gather them all we will hold them hostage until Santa gives us his bag.
IK- Oh….that is most interesting…but how shall we contact Santa now that he is but a phantom in our realm…and what are these items you mention?

The jester is worried now. He was satisfied that the events of this meeting would leave Santa alone but now he isn’t so sure. He can contact Santa through his ‘phantom’ as they like to call it as Santa taught him how to do so. But he hopes it doesn’t come to that.
LC- It is widely known Santa is aware of what is going on everywhere, even here in FT, which would explain how the magical items were given. Somehow he had to know there were needy inhabitants in order for him to choose them.
IK- Yes…yes…that is good thinking. So likely if we undertake this stealing of items he gave he will hear of it! Wonderful! Oh that bag is getting closer now… I can feel it. But what items are they.
LC- I have heard of 7 such items, though it is rumored there are more lesser items. I do not know the extent of their abilities but I have been assured they are all magical.
IM- (whispering in the Kings ear) Perhaps we may find a way to keep these items as well and trick Santa into giving us the bag first!
IK- (whispering back) My thinking exactly…these louts don’t need to know just give them a trinket or two out of the bag occasionally and keep all for us!

It must at this time be reminded that the King’s mage counselor is a servant of Sebastius and as such has his own agenda for getting his hands on any magical items.
LC- If you two are done green chatting I will continue.
IK- Oh the affairs of state are many…my apologies…yes please tell us of these 7 items.
LC- I have heard of wooden shoes, a stocking, a fireplace log, a magic fish, a bottle of some liquid, and two odd items a goat woven and a sweater. Each evidently is essential to the livelihood of those ones who received it.
IK- Not what I expected..no armor or weaponry?
LC- It seems they are peaceful in nature, but I am told they are all amazing.
IK- Excellent, and the locations?
LC- All are known by the local inhabitants, and I might add all who have them are weak and not warriors so kidnapping them and taking the items should be quite easy!
IK- Most excellent!! You have done well. Now while you are here enjoy a feast in your honor before you return.
As the conference ends not everyone is present at the feast. The King’s mage is on his way to tell Sebastius, the jester on his way to give Santa an early warning, and the sand troll and plasma golem counselors discuss what they can do to foil this plan in the making. Be assured at some point in time this duo will cross paths with the jester and together the cohort of Sebastius. There is much at stake beyond items, beyond even Santa if Sebastius gets involved.
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Looking forward to this story!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Excellent start!
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

nice story
and i love this
👇
You have done well. Now while you are here enjoy a feast in your honor before you return
👏🌺
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇
Ice meri
9icemeri
Apple meri
Polic car 1
DAGODY1
merisajan
And more i can't remember
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Two- Private Conferences

S-Sebastius
ST- Santa

The traitor conference

IM- Hail my master! I have important news to report!
S- Go on…
IM- That Ice Troll King fool is planning on collecting rare items given by Santa and holding them and the owners hostage until Santa surrenders his magic bag to them…
S- I have heard of these items but not being useful to battle or enslave this realm I have disregarded them as having any importance…(IM begins to frown)…until now!
IM- So we will get involved my King?
S- For now you continue to be my eyes and ears on this, and we shall see…
IM- You mean let them do all the work and then swoop down and take them for ourselves?
S- Why you are learning our ways well…yes to thwart Santa once and for all is a most delightful prospect! Muhahaha….now go and report when all is gained.
IM- Yes my King…

Patriot conference

PC- Well my friend this soon will become dangerous.
SC- Yes we must act in haste…but how can we who are so few stop it?
PC- I am wondering if the kin of those who own the magic items will rise up to defend them?
SC- Possible I guess, but my impression is they are poor and needy and is why Santa chose them because they do not have others for support.
PC- I know how that feels…
SC- Yes my friend a sad reality
PC- I have an idea…but it probably won’t work…oh its stupid really…oh forget it
SC- No! Let me hear it!
PC- Well it seems to me if others knew how these innocents were preyed upon they might rise up.
SC- Hmm…like the revenge a clan might exact on someone who repeatedly kills and takes advantage of one of their weaker members.
PC- Yes…exactly…they might not do it because these ones aren’t clanned..but might do it because of the outrage of attacking such weak and needy inhabitants.
SC- And if they believe in so doing they are helping their own cause by indirectly protecting one of Santa’s favorites…boom….they will help them!
PC- Yes, everyone wants to be on Santa’s good list! The only problem is for there to be outrage an evil has to have been done first.
SC- Then we must prepare our messengers to contact the clans after the items and people are captured and have them storm the Ice Cave to free them.
PC- You would allow that to happen to your own home?
SC- Yes…we know what it is to be afflicted in our society in which we live all too well…maybe this will bring about a change…who can say. We must stand with these innocents!
PC- Agreed my friend. Now we must wait until the right moment. Perhaps your jester friend can keep us informed?
SC- I am sure he will help, he isn’t like the King or his evil counselor at all. He knows what it is like to be under the feet of tyranny, literally, so he I am sure will aid us.

Santa Conference

The jester is able to use his secret knowledge to get the npc Santa to be a link to the real Santa.
ST- Hello my fine friend! A wonder to be able to see you again!
J- Hi Santa! I have news..
ST- and I gather it isn’t pleasant
J- No, the Ice Troll King has a new frosty plan to kidnap some folks you gave special gifts to?
ST- Oh, how evil of him! They are a humble and a joyful lot and a danger to no one. These gifts are hardly of much interest to a king.
J- Oh but he believes you will try to rescue them and in exchange give him your magic, so they still think, bag.
ST- Oh is he still going on about that! I am afraid his heart is frozen and his eyes covered with frost. Perhaps it is time for a new Ice Troll king.
J- I am sure there are many good trolls who could take his place but certainly not his evil counselor.
ST- Yes he too must go…but how…that is what we must think upon.
J- Santa, if I may can you tell me what these magic items are they are seeking?
ST- Yes my big hearted jester! You will understand their worth better than many.

At this Santa went on to describe the 7 special magical items and some of the lesser though valuable other items. Here is what he had to say about each.

Wooden shoes- He said he got the idea from children who would put out their wooden shoes at Christmas to be filled by Santa. These though were actual shoes that the wearer could use. The owner of these was a poor merchant. His goods were not special, but he was. Everywhere he went he brought cheer and openness and every one to him was a friend. Even the evil of the land seemed to respect him and like to bask in his goodness occasionally. The shoes were indeed magical and wearing them he was able to walk over water just as if it were solid and could even walk over lava patches without feeling heat or burning his feet.

Santa’s Stocking- Throughout his travels Santa filled many stockings of many materials and sizes put up by both child and adult alike. For many their stocking filled with small items and tasty goodies was the highlight of their Christmas morning celebration. But for the poor the bounty of Christmas soon returned to the leanness of before. The owner of this magical stocking was one such poor soul. He never begged. He never complained. He learned with whatever he had to be content and not covet what any of his neighbors might have. From time to time his neighbors seeing his need would share with him and he always rewarded them with wondrous stories of FT life, of gods, of warriors, of bards and musicians, and of notable beasts. They always left feeling their heart increased and their wealth abounding. So Santa thought one day why not have an everyday stocking that always contained a surprise for this one. And so it was, every morning this stocking would be refilled over night by magic. It wasn’t for wants but for needs and often had tasty nuts in it, some delicious jerky, and a few sweets all to keep our poor man healthy and happy.

Fireplace log- Santa was a jolly old elf and always felt toasty in his fur trimmed coat even in the coldest places he visited, but many places he visited warmth was hard to be found and people struggled just to keep alive. One such lived in FT who having suffered much pain in life found it hard to gather any wood for a fire and almost impossible to cut any. To her was given a magic log. It gave off wondrous heat and light but would not burn anything. It seemed to know just the right temperature to provide and could even be picked up and moved if need be. The few times she went out at night she could carry it for it was very light and it would provide warmth and light for her path and kept all the monsters and beasts away.

The Magic Fish- Well not just any fish but it was a baked Carp. Santa got the idea from a country in Europe that kept two fish at Christmas, one to bake and eat, and the other to set free to hope for good luck in the coming year. This hermit that got this gift was as close as a human can get to being like a fish loving ogre. He never tired of it, always looked forward to it, and it tasted so scrumptious some days he could hardly wait for dinner time to return. Somehow no matter how much he ate of the fish if he left even just the bones on a platter a day later the fish would be back fully cooked and whole again.

Bottle of magic wine- This was a wondrous thing. Here is the little tale. One resident of FT was extremely shy. He exited his hut wearing a long hooded robe so he could just barely see the path before him and no one could see his face or he theirs. It isn’t that he hated people like some hermits did but just the opposite he got very excited around others and would love to be friendly. Alas though he was stricken with such a shyness he would shake, and grow warm flushed from the encounter and even some times break out in violent hiccups. Santa knowing his ‘good’ list heart gave him this gift. It was a bottle of quickening spirits. It warmed you and made you feel sharp witted but never inebriated. It refilled constantly, but with one stipulation, the more people present the more it filled. So emboldened by his first sips of it our shy man learned to invite others to his hut and there they shared of life and this tasty and satisfying libation.

At this point the jester had to interrupt.
J- Wow, quite useful gifts Santa, and such deserving persons too. But they mentioned some very odd and strange things indeed, a woven goat? A sweater?
ST- Ho ho ho! Yes they are a bit different those, but just right as you will see.
J- Ok…I can hardly wait.

Woven Goat- It is not that the person needed a goat of straw but he needed the helper Santa left with the goat. This particular FT person loved everything that had to do with the Yule or Christmas season. His humble dwelling always smelled of evergreen and holiday treats and was decorated year round with festive décor. It could not be a more inviting place for one of Santa’s helpers to reside. The Nisse or Tomte that came with the goat became very helpful as this resident advanced in years and would aid him in little tasks. The helper always hid when someone came to visit as many just passing the place and smelling the wondrous smells would stop and share a goody with him.

The Sweater- Santa learned of a new tradition of families giving each other ugly or unusual looking sweaters as a sort of holiday joke. He immediately thought of a certain FT resident who unlike his neighbors who sought for a sort of style in what they wore usually threw together such an odd combination of clothing that he brought either derision or laughter to those seeing him. So Santa thought he’d really play a joke on his neighbors. The sweater almost beyond description in its lack of eye appeal had magical qualities. The first was its appearance, at first it looked horrendous, but if someone looked critically upon it it would transform to the type of garment they most coveted after and this ill dressed neighbor had it and they didn’t! He wore it proudly and for those who laughed with him at it it gave off a warm and pleasing glow that made one feel content and happy. Little is much if we choose to see it Santa said.

J- Nice gifts Santa, but like you say not the things of Kings. I will let you know what transpires.
ST- This may get dangerous before it gets better, I cannot help you directly this time. But I have resources I can call upon to lend some aid.
J- Thank you Santa! It probably won’t be very long before these fine folks and their gifts are gathered up.
ST- I suspect aid will come in ways you have not yet thought of, and later I will aid in doing something about that King of yours and his Sebastius’ pawn counselor! Farewell dear jester, be brave and believe.
J- I will…
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Yesterday was a weird day, up at 6 back home at 11 and asleep within an hour and up at 5;50. AND back to bed by 11 for another 11 hours. Just got up. Will have to read last years story to catch up then read the new . Good going Gull, expecting a good read.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Three The Challenge Presented

The deed was done, and as the Lava Golem Counselor had suggested it had been way too easy a venture. All these humble inhabitants had been kidnapped and safely housed in the Ice Troll King’s dungeons and all the wondrous magical gifts Santa had given were laid about his icy throne as trophies to be gazed upon. He could hardly wait to trade them for Santa’s bag, but he still hoped he could keep all and be rid of Santa forever. We pick up the story as the King and his counselor discuss what is next.

IM- Your majesty, these are wondrous things indeed. The fish smells wondrous and it bothers me a bit…
IK- What do you mean? We are so close now to our goal.
IM- Word has gotten out among your subjects and beyond through these kin counselors, we have had to endure, that these items are here. Perhaps my King they ought to be secured safely. The very smell of the fish is a temptation to all who enter your throne room.
IK- You make a good point indeed, we dare not risk such a bold and foolish venture might occur. Very well…though I had hoped to try each of them out and test their magic.
IM- It won’t be long your majesty and all you desire will be yours and all you deserve will come to you!
IK- Hahaha yes!!! Soon this Ice Troll King will be above his peers in wealth and standing!
J- Deserve, preserve, the treasure conserve! Desire, expire, if theft transpire!
IM- Right Jester…what am I saying…you fool be silent! Your majesty I have a box we can use to hold all the items safely and it has a magic lock.
IK- It is well my counselor, make it so.
J- A box, a box, a coffin instead, a final repose for the dead!
IM- Silence! (zaps Jester and he whimpers away)

The Sand Troll counselor and Plasma Golem counselor seeing the items secured and hostages taken begin to send out messages to all the clans to arise and free these innocent ones. The response was disappointing to say the least. The most noble clans sent their army right away to camp outside the Ice Troll’s frozen stronghold and begin to make demands for the hostages release or face a siege. Other clans were undecided and though they wanted to stay on Santa’s good list were not convinced they should get involved in non-human affairs. They supposed Santa could take care of his own interests. So now we listen in on our brave counselors discussion.

SC- Well the plan is beginning to work my friend
PC- Yes but I fear this won’t do much as yet to move the King to do anything. Even if they siege I fear it will take too long and the hostages will perish in the end.
SC- So, it all may be lost before it is begun….
PC- It doesn’t look good at this point…

While this meeting was happening there was a great commotion among the Ice Trolls about the small but threatening army outside their domain. The average Ice Troll wasn’t aware of the high stakes ventures the King was up to only that they felt in danger.
IM- Your majesty the people are in an uproar and upset.
IK- They always grumble about something…little icicles easily melted.
IM- Yes but they fear the small army outside…we did not plan on this happening.
IK- You didn’t you mean…all is in readiness.
IM- What my King?
IK- I have sent word again to our kin and an army of trolls and golems and gremlins are on their way and soon our home will be surrounded by our kind ready to defend to the last.
IM- Your majesty has thought of everything (as he says this he is a bit worried and must step up his own plans before the way is barred from escape) it is good!
J- An army of Ice and Fire, against whom do they conspire?
IK- Be quiet fool, they are loyal to my cause. They have much to lose if this venture is amiss.
J- Amiss a final kiss (the Jester must get to talk to Santa as the worst is starting to occur)
IM- I will withdraw my King to see if I can assure your subjects all is well.
IK- Yes my faithful counselor, do so.

The jester was a bit suspicious of what IM was up to and follows him. Instead of turning to go further into their icy home he goes to his own chambers. Waving his wand over his head and chanting something suddenly the box filled with the magic treasures appears in front of him. One after one his little impish apprentices arrive at his chambers and waving his wand again a secret passage reveals itself. This band exits with the box in tow and the movement of the candles in the room meant it could only be a passage to the land above. Only one thing can be happening here, IM is taking these items to Sebastius to help secure his evil plans to do away with Santa once and for all.

Having heard now that ice troll kin armies are on their way SC and PC are desperate, what can they do?
SC- That’s it then, our efforts in vain…once those armies arrive the clans though brave will have to withdraw.
(the jester enters in haste to tell his new found friends of the dangers that have transpired)
J- Oh my friends, it has gone from bad to worse. The King’s counselor has stolen the items and has left with his retinue to go to Sebastius! With the items gone the hostages will not need to be kept alive!
SC- Oh then all is lost…
PC- (musing hard upon the problem) I have it!!!
SC- Oh what my friend…what can be done now?
PC- It is so simple now that Sebastius is shown to be involved. All the clans hate him. They might not come to help for Santa’s sake but they will come if it can thwart Sebastius!

So once again the message is sent out to the clans and all but those ‘naughty’ clans will be coming. A great battle will ensue outside the icy lair of the Ice Trolls. Meanwhile Jester and SC and PC leave together to seek counsel of Santa and vow somehow they must stop that evil Ice Mage Counselor before he reaches Sebastius!
Retired
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Four-The Pursuit of a Traitor

The three manage to find their way to Santa’s npc outside the ice cave under the cloak of the darkness of night. Soon this whole area will be swarming with armies and this may be the last he can speak to Santa.
J- Oh Santa, all is nearly lost! The items have been stolen away by the counselor and armies approach both human and troll and golem! I fear for the hostages!
ST- Greetings my dear Jester, and you my good hearted troll and golem!
J- Santa, didn’t you hear what I said?
ST- I told you I could not intervene as before, what do you want of me?
J- Oh…then we three will do what we can to stop this evil mage..
ST- Yes dear?
J- are you talking to me?
ST- No Mrs. Santa…a moment please…come here and greet the boys..
Befana- Hello boys, and aren’t you the best boys…we are both very proud of you!
J, SC, PC- Thank you Mrs. Santa!
ST- As I was saying there is nothing I can do at this time..
Befana- Oh stop torturing our good boys…certainly we will help!
ST- But dear, my power is limited in this realm
Befana- Nonsense! We can’t let them face this alone. Jester put out your septre. (he complies and a glow surrounds it for a moment) There, if you can touch the container the items are in with it they will return to their owners! And at your feet is a sack, you will know what to do when it is time. Now dears, that is all we can do, be brave!
ST- And about the battle, all will amend in time…that is all I can say.
J- Thank you Santa and Mrs. Santa! (the connection is broken)
SC- So what is in the bag?
J- Ha ha ha…something our lava golem would enjoy…volcancitos!
PC- I’m afraid I don’t understand..
J- They are little volcanoes!
SC- I’m confused too…but I trust Mrs. Santa!

At this our three head out in pursuit of our escaped evil counselor and his fellow traitors. After a bit of travel and dodging clan members and golem and troll patrols they see a glow ahead. It appears IM being a fairly capable mage had cast some kind of shield spell about his troupe and when they encountered others they were quickly let pass as there wasn’t any way past the shield to get at them. The troupe stopping for a brief rest our three good boys see their opportunity to attack. Out of the bag came the volcancitos and being thrown at the shield exploded and weakened it and finally made it disperse. They continued to rain upon them volcancitos and the smell from them made them swoon and tumble to the ground confused and dizzy. Our jester ran forward with his septre and touching the box it glowed briefly and then stopped. The jester would just have to trust it worked and the three departed retracing their steps back towards the Ice cave.

PC- That’s it, we let them go free?!?
J- Yes, Santa said he had something for that mage and would take care of him. Besides I didn’t know how long they would remain dizzy and we are no match for an angry mage!
SC- I never expected to have so much adventure my friends, I am glad to have played even a small part in righting this wrong.
PC- Well said…
J- Take it from me my friends, we dare not rest quite yet. These things rarely end smoothly or go all as we expect. One step at a time, one challenge at a time, and as Santa said all will amend in its time.
PC- I think we should hurry back before we are missed..we won’t be of any help if caught.
J- Come then, we will know when it is time for us to act again, but until then I must resume my place as a fool, and you two can support your kin until all comes to an end.

Meanwhile the evil mage and his cohorts shortly resumed their journey no worse for the dizzying of the attack and pleased the box was not stolen back in the conflict. Upon arriving at Sebastius’ lair they present their success to their evil lord, leaving out the matter of their attack and almost losing the box, and present the box containing the magical items. There wasn’t much that excited Sebastius but he had a certain amount of nervous anticipation to view and try these magic items of Santa. He released the magic lock and slowly opened the lid. He let out a surprised gasp which IM and his cohorts assumed was a sigh of happy contentment and they were already in their minds anticipating the nice reward they were going to be given for such a treasure. Alas though the gasp of surprise was turned to a roar of rage. The magic septre had indeed worked and the magical items had been sent back to the owners and in their place the box held instead a load of coal and intermixed piles of rotting potatoes whose stench filled his royal throne room. The cohorts were liquidated but IM was sent back by Sebastius to the Ice Troll King’s side with extreme threats of a similar fate if he fails him again. IM vowed he would recover again the items and this was but a small delay. He didn’t mention the Jester and how somehow he had gotten magic nor the impending war, though Sebastius had heard about it all except for the jester’s sudden use of magic. He wasn’t moved by what had happened; he would still let everyone else use up their resources before he stepped in to do away with Santa.
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

Arrrgh! Busy couple of days so I've not yet read yesterday's tales!

I guess they aren't going anywhere though!