link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Clans are a big part of the game. Please post clan-related subjects here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

User avatar
Insider
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Insider » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Idk what do you mean when say "sit". I dont run log you know, and i also fight instead of camping near castles.

Thats why i cant understand mike or doom who now log and run to nearest castle bud. Was a bit rude of me to answer you like this. But your words werent kind too..
Asmodeous
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Asmodeous » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Idk what do you mean when say "sit". I dont run log you know, and i also fight instead of camping near castles.

Thats why i cant understand mike or doom who now log and run to nearest castle bud. Was a bit rude of me to answer you like this. But your words werent kind too..
Ill clarify. What i meant by "sitting on" is that "this is what theyl have" ... easiest way to say it.

Its like a game of poker where I am. "How many chips is he sitting on?" Would mean "How many chips does that dude have?"

Hope that helps.
User avatar
Baba Yaga
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 am

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Baba Yaga » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:33 pm

I wanted to post in the original thread, but I was too late. So, I shall post here...

I can understand why so many people have very passionate feelings about this. Whenever it appears a group (in this case a clan) is getting preferential treatment over other groups, the natural reaction is concern, possibly anger, and sometimes, outcry. I'd like to offer my opinion (not that you asked) on the whole thing.

First, I really don't care about Link's towers and where they came from lol. I really don't. If the administrators of the game thought it fair to do this, then they did it. From the looks of things, they are calibrating what lvl the buildings should be and they will come to a decision.

While with AHOU, I challenged Gandalf and some mods a few times. Only in one instance was I really 'right ' in terms of an advantage being used against my clan. And it was corrected. Quietly. The other times I challenged and I was wrong. And they were right to tell me if was wrong. The point is, I truly feel this staff does all it can within the rules of the game to keep it fair...

Second...

The idea that PvP or the game will be ruined by this decision, I believe is misguided. Could this end with Link having buildings that no other clan can realistically touch? Perhaps.

I would ask how is this any different then those of you who have bought enough lvls to go over 1000, 2000, or 4000? To me, this really where the game turned. Whether I think it's good or bad to have players of that lvl doesn't really matter. The fact is, that door was opened and now cannot be closed. People say all of the time it's due to the greed of Compbatant that he still allows this. I'd ask you this, how is he supposed to fix it? He can't take lvls away from those who paid. He can't give 1000 lvls to each player to make us all feel good. Unfortunately, this is a situation that, in my opinion has greatly impacted my enthusiasm for the game. I say that not asking or expecting anything to change. It wouldn't be fair to the players who paid their money to have their investment diluted by dozens of players now over lvl 1000.

So, in closing, I think the real issue is not with Link, or its towers. I think the issue is with a balanced PvP that people still chase, but is elusive due to the issues I stated above. Some of the people who really want a balanced PvP are the same people who are speaking out against Link and their buildings.

Just know that speaking out against Link won't get you any closer to what you seek. It just makes you look like a bunch of Aristocrats arguing over who's yacht is bigger. At least that's my perception from my rowboat.
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)
User avatar
Insider
Posts: 2426
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am
Location: Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation
Contact:

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Insider » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Asmodeous wrote:
Insiders/Inferno! wrote:Idk what do you mean when say "sit". I dont run log you know, and i also fight instead of camping near castles.

Thats why i cant understand mike or doom who now log and run to nearest castle bud. Was a bit rude of me to answer you like this. But your words werent kind too..
Ill clarify. What i meant by "sitting on" is that "this is what theyl have" ... easiest way to say it.

Its like a game of poker where I am. "How many chips is he sitting on?" Would mean "How many chips does that dude have?"

Hope that helps.
Well. Now i understand. Thanks :)
I thought u mean we will hide near castles :)
Asmodeous
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Asmodeous » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Lol nah. I know you wont. I know some will. But after yesterday im pretty sure you wont lol... after charging many times at a few lvl 1200+'s and me lol.

Yeah sorry aswell at times i forget despite people speaking english as even a first language that phrases still can mean different things.
Jive
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Jive » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:25 am

smh... pure comedy... enough said hah... honestly idgaf anymore... DR gunna do what DR does...

p.s. ADRAW ADRAW ADRAW... we rockn boats... breakin Links.... and not taking names...
}-)
DOOMSDAY
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by DOOMSDAY » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:13 pm

DDRRRRAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
User avatar
re4ction
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm
Location: Germany (Marburg)

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by re4ction » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Baba yaga
Congratz , that was a good comment.
I fully agree with u that the fact ppl bought lvls over 600 made this game probably forever in a way unfair.
Good point and well spoken.
But i think most ppl ( at least me lol) are not scared that pvp is unbalanced by these "free" buildings, ok maybe a bit.
As far as i know/saw link lost a big number of buildings becausr of the war with AD either to isoril or they sold them. And to get buildings back u sold because u were in a war or got destroyed is a shame for all those who worked really really hard on their own buildings. I talk about 14 hours a day for few weeks some players spend to build up their buildings.
I actually dont know how many buildings link lost because of some bug but i dont think that were 6.
And also i remember their buildings were around 450.
Anyway correct me if im wrong and cheers.
User avatar
Gandalf
Site Admin
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 am
Location: Heidelberg, Germany

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Gandalf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:57 am

thx for your input too, reaction :)

i wait for link duke till wednesday, he asked for some time due to real life stress. after hearing him, admins discuss this with creator directly and make a final call. i am almost sure, that all can live with that outcome.
Forum Admin and Gamemaster

Useful links: Forum Rules | Game Rules | Items | Quests | Monsters

Spoken languages: English, German
User avatar
Baba Yaga
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 am

Re: link clan: 3 level 1500 castles will be downsized

Post by Baba Yaga » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:16 am

re4ction wrote:Baba yaga
Congratz , that was a good comment.
I fully agree with u that the fact ppl bought lvls over 600 made this game probably forever in a way unfair.
Good point and well spoken.
But i think most ppl ( at least me lol) are not scared that pvp is unbalanced by these "free" buildings, ok maybe a bit.
As far as i know/saw link lost a big number of buildings becausr of the war with AD either to isoril or they sold them. And to get buildings back u sold because u were in a war or got destroyed is a shame for all those who worked really really hard on their own buildings. I talk about 14 hours a day for few weeks some players spend to build up their buildings.
I actually dont know how many buildings link lost because of some bug but i dont think that were 6.
And also i remember their buildings were around 450.
Anyway correct me if im wrong and cheers.
I don't think you are wrong at all. In fact, I think there is a lot of validity to your comments. My perspective is that while it might seem unfair, I wasn't paying that close attention, so I really don't know. Which is why I leave it to the people who have the ability to sort it out.

The unbalanced PvP doesn't deter me from enjoying clan play. With a strong enough clan, you can still overcome most of it. I do understand though that with the perception of unfairness, some will assume the worst.
BY

Baba Yaga (The Original)
Post Reply