New Formula For Players Over Level 3377

stay tuned

Moderator: Game Administrators

proto_nuke

Re: New Formula For Players Over Level 3377

Post by proto_nuke »

Cashew wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:09 am
proto_nuke wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:03 am
proto_nuke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:59 pm It's too late. The damage has already been done.

This idea would have been great 3 years ago.

This will just reward extremely high level players and render them forever untouchable.

Help the high levels remain untouchable. That is all this does.
This.
This again.

Funny thing about the mage casting being "nerfed" in casts per sec is that it has been that way ever since I started playing.

Somewhere (too lazy to go find it) I posted about this issue years ago, with results from a "tap test" showing that I indeed could tap 7+ times per second; easily 6/sec for a long duration. Whenever I tapped more than 4-5 (seems to not quite be 5, but more than 4) times per second at least half of my taps weren't being registered. If I slowed myself down to ~4-5 taps/sec, all of them registered. If I tapped faster, I'd actually cast fewer spells than slowing myself down. (2-3 when tapping 6+ but casting 4-5 when slowing down to 4-5, if that makes sense)

If you're thinking it just now changed, you'd be wrong. I tested it on multiple acc, different devices, and even had others test it out just to confirm at the time. It ain't nothing new. If bots (autoclickers) were somehow capable of bypassing this invisible limit and actually reach the listed 7 times/sec until recently or something, then that'd make sense to me. Otherwise it's the exact same as a couple of years ago when I was leveling my mage. Maybe the limit was reduced because only botters could get more than 4-5/sec? ;P

Not unless it was fixed, then broken again recently, but I don't really see that being the case. Could be wrong though.
I'm not sure I understand what you are explaining here.
Ryaca_1
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

^^^
This is about player xp, not taps per second
Does life really get better?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

:roll: I'm financially destitute because I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a casual game...

Oh well, I don't understand anything with my little cockroach brain anyhow.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

cotne7 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm Also mages can click 4 times per second now..mages are weak now so i thing resists should be removed now or anyways reduce resists..
Sorry, forgot to quote this comment, was in this thread and I found it odd someone is just now bringing it up when I've experienced it a long time ago.

To try and re-explain, go do some sort of tap test and see if you can hit 6+ taps / sec.

Now, tap that fast in FT with a mage, the current "limit" is 7/sec, but even if you tap 6+, you'll only really cast 2-3, try it on armor spell tapping 6x slowish, write it down, wait for stat to reset, then tap the fast method and compare.

I know it's not on topic for thread, but someone mentioned it IN this thread, and I found it odd was all especially considering it's been around for a while yet was presented as if it was a recent change.
Last edited by Cashew on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Cashew wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 am
Sorry, forgot to quote this comment, was in this thread and I found it odd someone is just now bringing it up when I've experienced it a long time ago.
I see
Does life really get better?
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

Cockroaches will survive a nuclear disaster.. according to WALL-E. I have extra Twinkies if any one needs one I can afford that! :D
Retired
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

SellSword wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:18 am :roll: I'm financially destitute because I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a casual game...

Oh well, I don't understand anything with my little cockroach brain anyhow.
If you really had a lot of money you would spend it. You are not financially destitute but you are far from rich.

I've spent over $4k and I still have tons of money in the bank. I don't notice the money that i spent. it doesn't affect me. I've spent $3k on tattoos in the last year and i didn't even notice.
Ryaca_1
agen7e sec

Post by agen7e sec »

cotne7 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 pm Also mages can click 4 times per second now..mages are weak now so i thing resists should be removed now or anyways reduce resists..

To try and re-explain, go do some sort of tap test and see if you can hit 6+ taps / sec.

Now, tap that fast in FT with a mage, the current "limit" is 7/sec, but even if you tap 6+, you'll only really cast 2-3, try it on armor spell tapping 6x slowish, write it down, wait for stat to reset, then tap the fast method and compare.

I know it's not on topic for thread, but someone mentioned it IN this thread, and I found it odd was all especially considering it's been around for a while yet was presented as if it was a recent change.
As I say cotne7 for a magician this will be even more complicated to raise lvl for every time they have more% of resistance to the mana there are enemies with 10 to 90% of resistance to the mana for example the dragon of the Chaos doesn't take a 10-15 min wizard to kill him for his resistance to m Mana and since it will earn much less xp than they gave hope and raise the% of some drops.
Mago lvl 9500
Ogro lvl 6400
Enano lvl 1300
Arquero lvl 3300
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

proto_nuke wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 am If you really had a lot of money you would spend it. You are not financially destitute but you are far from rich.

I've spent over $4k and I still have tons of money in the bank. I don't notice the money that i spent. it doesn't affect me. I've spent $3k on tattoos in the last year and i didn't even notice.

Some don't wanna spend money on principle though meow ;)

Idk how much I've spent (never bothered to count/add it up) but now there's no need (stocked up on pets when first became an item) nor willingness to do so (too many bugs/balancing issues with little/no effort to fix) and players spending money doesn't encourage fixes so why spend more?

That's just my opinion anyways. Only thing left for me is to buy levels and that ain't gonna happen. You can't expect people to drop $5-$10k on a broken product. That's like buying a lemon at a car dealership. I'll pass.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

agen7e sec wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:37 am

As I say cotne7 for a magician this will be even more complicated to raise lvl for every time they have more% of resistance to the mana there are enemies with 10 to 90% of resistance to the mana for example the dragon of the Chaos doesn't take a 10-15 min wizard to kill him for his resistance to m Mana and since it will earn much less xp than they gave hope and raise the% of some drops.

Mages also do 10x+ damage in PvM so those resistances are put in place to balance with other classes and slow down overall progression to encourage the purchasing of levels. That's how I see it anyway.