How to submit a proper report

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

How to submit a proper report

Post by ryaca_ »

Hello all. I want to post how to properly submit a report to the GM team.

1. Be clear and precise about exactly what rule that you think the player broke. Many reports that I receive are very confusing about just what exactly the player is actually reporting.

2. Take a screenshot. Screenshots are helpful for many reasons and sometimes, a picture is better than 1,000 words.

3. Submit the exact FT time that the incident happened by typing /info. When possible, include that info in the screenshot. If you cannot use the info command at the time then please type /info as soon as you can after the incident and then include that in your report. Say something like, "I had to get myself or my pets to safety before I typed /info so the incident happened a minute before the FT time that I submitted".

4. Include as many details as you possibly can. Any details can only help an investigation and leaves out the guess work on our end.

5. Submit your report to the GM inbox. If you feel that it is very urgent that you get in touch with a GM, then send a private message to 1 GM and only 1 GM. If you send a PM to every GM then we will probably ignore your report on purpose.

6. Please be patient. We are a very small GM team and have many tasks to perform every day so it may take days or even weeks before we can get to your report and investigate. If you are not patient, you may be ignored altogether.

7. Be prepared for the possibility that the GM team may not rule in your favor. If you cannot deal with the GM teams decision and you proceed to spam Mchat and make numerous posts on the forum complaining or screaming injustice and that the GM team has treated you unfairly or you spam PM members of the GM team, there is a good chance that you could receive punishment for your behavior.

I hope this helps players to learn how to submit proper reports. If you get a private message from us with a link to this page then that means that you did not submit a proper report and you need to resubmit another report the correct way.
SellSword

Re: How to submit a proper report

Post by SellSword »

Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
How?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Game rules, so that players can determine which one they believe is being broken:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2560
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Ah that is a good idea.
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

And please try to stay trustworthy in your report if caught lying it can be punishable... especially if the whole report is a lie :x
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Cleopatra wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:40 am And please try to stay trustworthy in your report if caught lying it can be punishable... especially if the whole report is a lie :x
Cleo is right. Blatantly false reports (which waste the GMs' time to investigate) CAN be punished. The GM workload is bad enough for the small team we have, as well as them all being unpaid volunteers who have lives of their own, that we cannot afford the wasted time and disrespect of false reports.
Omnes Autem Uri
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Cleopatra and MadManiacal1 are absolutely right. I could not have said it any better. There are so many false reports from players trying to get revenge on their enemies, or from players that did not watch out for their pets or from players that really just don't understand the rules. These false reports hurt the honest players that actually have a reason to submit a report and they hurt the game.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Thank you to players that have been sending me reports with the proper information. This helps the GM team tremendously.