Things players should be aware of

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Lestat

Things players should be aware of

Post by Lestat »

This is a short list of many issues in game for new players,old players, and clans...

First and foremost...this IS a PAY TO WIN game...
Second, there is no level cap. At some point having people that are massively higher level than the *average player just takes away from gameplay..
Third..aside from single player game rules, most rules change yearly...just because it was ok last year a don't expect it to be ok this year(this is more a clan issue than single player)
Fourth...there is no check and balance system...just dictators that get to do what they think is the "correct" solution...ie(as GMs seem to change,so too does the interpretation of rules)
Fifth....90% of people in game cry about everything...with that being said...90% of game is clan(where today's it's ok is tomorrows foul)
Sixth...half these whiners in clans...are mad that tactics they used(and got away with it) are being used against them(and now cry foul) and usually the crybabies win...is this cause GMs don't wanna deal with these people so they give what they want??
Seven.... favoritism runs rampid among high levels and GMs...this goes for "both sides"
Eight.....game mechanics reward cheating(as long as u can halfway prove u weren't)even if u are..
Nine...the fairest game in ft is offline version(which is highly ignored by gamestaff)
Ten....you can make suggestions for game improvements(most of which hit file13(trash) faster than u can think of the idea...most game content comes from a certain group of players..if your not in this 'clic' you get overlooked..)
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
ryaca_

Re: Things players should be aware of

Post by ryaca_ »

I was going to break this entire post down and answer everything but then decided that we GMs are lazy wishy washy favoritism bandits that are secretly out to make players mad so I decided that today I'm going to take an established rule and change it because it's getting close to the yearly mark. Oh and I gotta go converse with my clique of my favorite suggestion makers. I'll also look for reports regarding clan warfare so I can just give the cryers what they want since I don't wanna deal with them. Ta Ta :D
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

First and foremost: this IS a PAY TO WIN game.
--> ummmm there is no win. The game just goes on, and on, and on, and on, and ... ...
--> It does lean towards open your wallet, but than a majority of the MMOG games do so anyway and it's normal.
--> SOME OF THE REASONS WHY:
--- --> COMPUTERS (the FT server) cost money to buy new and/or maintain.
--- --> INTERNET costs money to have the game online using all those GB¹⁰ of data!
--- --- --> not your normal household "unlimited usage" price package.
--- --> real life for Comp costs money, this is Comps job.

Second: there is no level cap. At some point having people that are massively higher level than the *average player just takes away from game play.
--> Well, I am not in a clan and never will be, SO those 5k,6k 8k+ players cannot touch me.
--> let them buy their levels I could care less.

Third: aside from single player game rules, most rules change yearly...just because it was OK last year a don't expect it to be OK this year(this is more a clan issue than single player)
--> Regarding game rules, what changes I have seen in the 1 year 9 months and 21 days of playing is enforcing rules that were not enforced earlier and finally clarifying the fact that killing pets falls under "swarm killing". Pet, however are the still considered the players responsibility and will not be replaced.
--> IMHO; in spawn killing I think this could be reviewed. JQPlayer safely parked his pets out of harms way and SomeVeryBadPetKiller drags a swarm to them when JQPlayer is surrounded by a mob and the 11 second log-off rule applies, pets die in 5 or less. See, I disagree even with a part of the improvement, but it IS a step in the right direction.

Fourth: there is no check and balance system...just dictators that get to do what they think is the "correct" solution... ie: as GMs seem to change,so too does the interpretation of rules
--> this is and "opinion" and pure FUD! And an opinion I have to disagree with with every fiber of my being. Having been a moderator of other forums (not game forums) I know very well people try to hand (G)Mods the "brown" end of the stick all the time.
--> I'd be careful who you call a dictator. You have NO IDEA what goes on in the "GM Threads /Admins" parts of the forum that you or I cannot see. This is a game, with rules, not a "democratic government".

Fifth: 90% of people in game cry about everything...with that being said...90% of game is clan, where today's it's OK is tomorrows foul
--> 90% of the players are clan? Where do you get your figures from? And the rest of this is an opinion.
--> I'm going out on a limb here to say, and this is just MHO, 90% of the people playing the game don't even read the forums, let alone have an account and use them.

Sixth: half these whiners in clans...are mad that tactics they used, and got away with it, are being used against them, and now cry foul, and usually the crybabies win...is this cause GMs don't wanna deal with these people so they give what they want?
--> Actually, ryaca stated that he was going to check out clan maps now. Soooooooooo ....
--> Reminds me of two kids getting dessert, "Hey he got a bigger piece of cake than I did!"

Seventh: favoritism runs rampant among high levels and GMs...this goes for "both sides"
--> HUH!!!!! favouritism is either one side or the other - both would be "being fair"
favouritism ~ noun
1. an inclination to favour some person or group
2. unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice
Eighth: game mechanics reward cheating, as long as u can halfway prove u weren't, even if u are.
--> You know, "maybe" you are right with the, 'as long as u can halfway prove u weren't' because the GM's ,IMHO, want to err on the side of what's the right thing to do not the wrong thing to do. Read the GM's Creed in my signature ... because I still stand by that.

Ninth: the fairest game in ft is offline version, which is highly ignored by game staff
--> Well, gee, it's offline: they can't do anything with it, and
--> you forgot: it is incomplete, and not under active development.
--- --> IMHO should be removed from PlayStore

Tenth: you can make suggestions for game improvements (most of which hit file13 (trash) faster than u can think of the idea...most game content comes from a certain group of players..if your not in this 'clic' you get overlooked.
--> Ideas
--- --> yup and and that's where a great portion of them belong too: File 13! (IMHO)
--> Content
--- --> have you taken the time to create a map complete with quests and tested it?
--- --> have you actually submitted the above mentioned map to Compbatant to have included in the game?

Now having addressed all that I have to say, I'm just a player and the above comments are just my humble opinion. And I am a player with some beefs and gripes about the game. There are things I think are wrong. Some fall into "IMHO" category, some fall under "It's been forever - fix the bug!" category and some can be classified as "would be nice to have" category, and some are headed directly to File13, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. There are probably more classifications as well, but here's the thing: None of my beefs and gripes complaints or ideas will be an exact fit for just one other person, let alone everyone, or even the 90% you talk about.

But until "I" write a game, I have go along with what is out there. And trust me there are a lot of things I do not like about FT. But I'm still here, it's an awesome game. it's not "my" game I have to do the best I can with what I have. So I grin and bear it, and sometime shout out in frustration. I've been know to do that right here too.

As for the GMs. I may not agree with everything they say or do and in fact I don't, I am human after all, not just pixels. But I give them my full support. They are doing a job no one else wants to do and are being offered the brown end of the stick far far to often.

KUDOS to the GM Team!

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coffee time!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

ryaca_ wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:16 pm I was going to break this entire post down and answer everything but then decided that we GMs are lazy wishy washy favoritism bandits that are secretly out to make players mad so I decided that today I'm going to take an established rule and change it because it's getting close to the yearly mark. Oh and I gotta go converse with my clique of my favorite suggestion makers. I'll also look for reports regarding clan warfare so I can just give the cryers what they want since I don't wanna deal with them. Ta Ta :D
Sometimes sarcasm is the best option. :D One wise person was asked what he thought was the height of wisdom. His answer was simple and profound. The greatest attribute of wisdom is knowing when not to answer! There are those who will receive wisdom and instruction and those you must leave to their own thoughts by silence.
Retired
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Ryacca...why are you getting so defensive when I make statements about GM teams? Noone else felt the need ? If I was in law enforcement, I'd say you have a guilty conscience..

Now for further purposes the use of you or your(any form) is not directed towards any one individual..

Unless you have become an Android or robot, you have emotions,feelings and thoughts. These things are what make us human...these also cloud judgements and cause bias..no matter how hard we try..that being said yes there will always be bias on GM staff.thats why certain GM are used by certain people..it's our nature... It's a lesson I learned the hard way..I ended up muted for repeating someone's comment back to them, because of the GM(other player wasn't muted) even turned in a player to that GM with a ss of them saying " I can't be held responsible for what "player x" (name withheld) does on my account" I was told by same GM that muted me that this did not prove sharing.. so I quit using that GM. This has been over 2 years ago.

Have things gotten better in FT ? Overwhelmingly yes..that's because rules have been defined and outlined and punished.where once much waivering was done,we are finally getting structure. That being said non clan game life has gotten stable and reliable..there still are AFK autoclickers and scammers but there will be. That will happen until a third party sensor gets implemented(stops autoclick programs n such) and we make people actually confirm emails( this would have solved many past issues).

Now I made a post 1-2 months ago about needing to rework clan rules..wanted help trying to get a discussion about it and was pretty much told it wasn't important enough for GM staff to look into...and now Seth thinks maybe clan needs looked into..and you wonder why I say if your not in the 'clique'... I still believe clans need a set of governing rules..and if more than one clan is owned all but one is spam(I kinda like,if the following could happen: if all assets from any clan over the "main" gets given to main, this would have exceptions(like if any clan over 'main' is deemed a true "spam" clan then any and all assets are forfeit) I'll give up two of three if that's how it goes.

Now before someone says he's picking side a..I'm on the side I am because the game pushed me there..but that doesn't mean I think one side is right and one side is wrong... Both sides have used these tactics.both have cried because the other has done it...my issue is we can't keep flopping on issues...a year ago this was allowed(princesszen filled 4,2 with walls((including my gates)) it was reported(not by me..I've lived thru many clan fights where this tactic was used..I understand rules need to evolve with the game..but the game is losing its main part of clans....the battle to own builds)I don't cry to GM about how,who,that attacks my clans...I chose clan life I expect it to be rough...I've fought to have a clan now going on 3-4 years..I don't want it to change..that's how it's supposed to be..

Just like final enforcement of NO SHARING I think a set of clan rules should be made and defined and a start date given for implementing them..but these rules need to be fair to the attacking and defending teams..you can't take away all ability for an attacking team to gain an advantage.(after all they're on hostile ground to start with). They either need to be able to build in areas they destroy( how can u show dominance over weaker opponents without this feature?)or be given the ability to block gates,open holes as a defence tactic(these can only be built to lvl 100 or violates rule) if the attacking team is using catapults (which have been given traits already) these require a tower to be useful.if you take away the ability to rebuild over what you destroy, you make these useless. This in turn makes established max clans untouchable. Which is basically the case now(and why all smaller weaker clans get destroyed off of "nuetral"(this game setup we are slowly making will eventually kill off these areas)areas. There needs to be a middle ground somewhere...

Both sides of clans need to make some decisions. Just because they turn you in doesn't mean turn them in...quit being hypocrites..u can't spam when ur on top,get away with it. And then cry when it's used against you later.

If I actually thought the game was trash....I'd quit...I think there's still a chance to help it..too much has been ok(like no lvl cap or how(even clanned it's wrong) 10k kills a 25..(I have used excessive force before, but only cause I actually don't like the person) but even I try to fight clan fair.
I've gone long enough...just food for thought
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Anytime someone talks about the GM team as a whole I will respond because loyalty. Thats just the way I am.
LordSeth

Post by LordSeth »

ryaca_ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 am Anytime someone talks about the GM team as a whole I will respond because loyalty. Thats just the way I am.
I do appreciate Rycca responding to defend the verbal attacks players point at the GM team with. He is very blunt with his words he holds very little back and if he says anything that needs to be edited I do it myself but all honesty his responds are more politely than mine could be to the accusations.

Every time any player makes a statement towards the GM team such as accusations like too harsh punishments or favoritism or ability abuse is like spitting directly in my face because I put my trust in the current GM's and I am who decided to faward their applications to the development team for recruition. The current active GM's are often checked by the development team and I am included to be sure we are doing everything correctly. If we make a mistake it is corrected but yes we are human. We have feelings and emotions and all that mooshy stuff but we try to be as professional as we can.

If a player wishes to attack us with insults or accusations the player is already violating RULE 0 or 11 the very first rule in the game rules and most of the time we will just speak up in defense of the team although we in that moment have all rights to serve a nice little punishment on the player we try to put some clarity foward first.

So yes Ryaca is doing everyone a favor by using words in defense of any staff member when it is much easier to ban a player for a little while with noting more said.

If anyone needs anything else spelled out please do ask. Thank you
Game Administrator
LORD SETH
Languages: English
Useful Links:
- General game help
- Quest list
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
FOLLOW RULES THEY ARE HERE FOR A REASON
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I'm not going over all the things in this thread. I've seen some good points made and some "rambling" here and there. I did see some things that made sense to me, though, and would like to address those.
Lestat wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:03 pm There still are AFK autoclickers and scammers but there will be. That will happen until a third party sensor gets implemented(stops autoclick programs n such) and we make people actually confirm emails( this would have solved many past issues).
I also suggested something to the team (not on forum) along these lines, regarding a clicker sensor. Time will tell...

Just like final enforcement of NO SHARING I think a set of clan rules should be made and defined and a start date given for implementing them..but these rules need to be fair to the attacking and defending teams..you can't take away all ability for an attacking team to gain an advantage.(after all they're on hostile ground to start with). They either need to be able to build in areas they destroy( how can u show dominance over weaker opponents without this feature?)or be given the ability to block gates,open holes as a defence tactic(these can only be built to lvl 100 or violates rule) if the attacking team is using catapults (which have been given traits already) these require a tower to be useful.if you take away the ability to rebuild over what you destroy, you make these useless. This in turn makes established max clans untouchable. Which is basically the case now(and why all smaller weaker clans get destroyed off of "nuetral"(this game setup we are slowly making will eventually kill off these areas)areas. There needs to be a middle ground somewhere...
I also agree that a certain amount of "middle ground" is a good idea. The point about catapults and missiles was a good one. Same of low lvl "tactical blocks", although there would need to be a specified min/max to make it allowable in my opinion.
My opinions about Lestat's opinions. If anyone can think of specific reasons why I'm mistaken, I welcome the discussion. We can't move forward until things are discussed and decided upon by the GMs and admins, and the better we discuss them, the more clarity they have into what needs done.
Omnes Autem Uri