Friend message and trade screens

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Friend message and trade screens

Post by SellSword »

When sending a friend message you can't see anything else on the screen. Would it be possible to close out some of the windows when typing so you can see what is going on? This is sort of like the PvP trade spam windows of before, but your friends (hopefully) don't want to kill you.

Same general issue with trades, but there are some differences in the screens of course. You obviously need to see what is happening on the trade screen, but maybe make the windows clear or something so you can see swarms of mobs?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Re: Friend message and trade screens

Post by MadMikael »

While this would be a neat addition, it's not high priority.
It's not an easy task, as I understand it.

Basically though, you shouldn't be clicking that envelope until you're in a safe spot.
Messages will still be there if you change map (so long as you don't open them and then change map; change map first).
They will disappear if you log off though, so beware. If you have an unreliable connection, you should tell your friends not to rely too much on the /msg system. I tell my friends this, and I have a pretty decent connection now (didn't have a good one in the past).
The /msg system is convenient, but sometimes they do get missed.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

It would be ideal if messages could be kept in a mailbag, for later reading, or for longer term storage. Maybe have a limit to the number of stored messages per player. Or store them client side and sync new ones when connected to server.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMikael wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:17 am Basically though, you shouldn't be clicking that envelope until you're in a safe spot.
So every one had to run to map 0.0 or someplace else while in the middle of something.

keep in mind "Trade" or "+Friend" are no different than an envelope that is a /msg EXCEPT if you or the person that wants to trade or +friend logs or changes maps they are no good. One sent they should be active as long as both players are still in the game regardless of the map location.

Or what would be nice is add the capability to be done directly from ones FL in the menu, the trade function that is.

Maybe semi transparent backgrounds to this like received messages. Just a thought.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.