new system shiping for frends

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

User avatar
SellSword
Posts: 3103
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:16 pm
Location: Ardesia

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by SellSword » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:21 pm

It could be that an extreme limit would prevent some of the abuse. If a player was able to send or receive just one item per day (between server resets) it would prevent some things. Probably not all though, unfortunately.
Warriors are not the ones who always win, but the ones that always fight.
User avatar
LostKnight
Posts: 5133
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm
Location: Rockheim nord i Steinheim nær Kedington

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by LostKnight » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 pm

Grahf wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:14 pm
I'll also add to Sellsword's idea about it being abusive is in pvp I'm positive it would be used to send stuns, pots other things while a battle is going on and the shops to get these items are nowhere near where the fighting is taking place
THAT!!!! Right there ... negates my liking the idea.

I'm not clanned, I do not PvP, but boy oh boy did you ever shine a 1m watt spotlight on a way to abuse it!

Sorry witch, I vote no to this idea
The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.
How to Submit a Report to the GM Inbox
User avatar
Gullander
Posts: 766
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:34 pm
Location: Gladsheim

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by Gullander » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Only way I could see it working is the transferred item, gold, pets, whatever appear in receivers backpack on a delayed basis. Maybe after next reset or an hour later. But for most taking the 5 minutes to walk would make more sense to give the item as is present way. Unless of course you can transfer to other players not logged in.
"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!" G K Chesterton
User avatar
witch
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by witch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm

Agree with all of you , ppl will abuse , but still a good idea , how about if we put a limit like 1 or 2 items per day .
i call it "gift box"(i think i heard more about gift box ideas so i like to call it like that ) , you can share ,trade,sell or give 2 items to your friend per day
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
GM
Languages: English - Spanish
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
User avatar
witch
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by witch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm

LostKnight wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 pm
Grahf wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:14 pm
I'll also add to Sellsword's idea about it being abusive is in pvp I'm positive it would be used to send stuns, pots other things while a battle is going on and the shops to get these items are nowhere near where the fighting is taking place
THAT!!!! Right there ... negates my liking the idea.

I'm not clanned, I do not PvP, but boy oh boy did you ever shine a 1m watt spotlight on a way to abuse it!

Sorry witch, I vote no to this idea
Its ok \(^.^)/
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
GM
Languages: English - Spanish
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
User avatar
witch
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by witch » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:29 am

witch wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:22 pm
LostKnight wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 pm
Grahf wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:14 pm
I'll also add to Sellsword's idea about it being abusive is in pvp I'm positive it would be used to send stuns, pots other things while a battle is going on and the shops to get these items are nowhere near where the fighting is taking place
THAT!!!! Right there ... negates my liking the idea.

I'm not clanned, I do not PvP, but boy oh boy did you ever shine a 1m watt spotlight on a way to abuse it!

Sorry witch, I vote no to this idea
Np \(^.^)/
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
GM
Languages: English - Spanish
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules
User avatar
LostKnight
Posts: 5133
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm
Location: Rockheim nord i Steinheim nær Kedington

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by LostKnight » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 am

witch wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm
Agree with all of you , ppl will abuse , but still a good idea , how about if we put a limit like 1 or 2 items per day .
i call it "gift box"(i think i heard more about gift box ideas so i like to call it like that ) , you can share ,trade,sell or give 2 items to your friend per day
But this I can go along with. This is a good idea.
The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.
How to Submit a Report to the GM Inbox
User avatar
g.jibladze
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by g.jibladze » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 pm

i posted same opinion long time ago( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14965) but nothing. idk if its will work now.
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
User avatar
madmaniacal1
Posts: 1542
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 am

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by madmaniacal1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:08 pm

I could agree with sending gifts to friends, IF:
1: Mailbox pickup of items in certain locations (to prevent pvp abuses)
2: Limit of number of items per day per friend (to lower the amount of lazy exploitation)
3: Charge a certain amount of gold per gift sent (No delivery person works for free... Lol)

I am against trading using this method, or sending gold directly. The bugs that could arise (gold vanishing, usual trade bugs, etc) would be too much. However, a new command such as /trade friend_name COULD be viable if on faraway parts of same map, similar to the /w command, IF players would like it.
Omnes Autem Uri
User avatar
ryaca_
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:32 am

Re: new system shiping for frends

Post by ryaca_ » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:38 pm

I can definitely see ways that this could be exploited. Madmaniacal1 brought up some good points. I could see players using this as a way to safely send items for clan to use in defense of their base using an alt to send materials and an alt to receive them. Players that craft a lot could do the same thing so it would need strict limitations because of this.
Post Reply