Clicking speed

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Shawn

Re: Clicking speed

Post by Shawn »

It's not hard really, just painful after a while. I've consistently hit 7 per second over a minutes time using an app that you can set a time limit on and tap your screen, I have no idea how fast I tap in ft because of server lag. You just have to be fast I guess xD
PS. I think the app is in the play store under tap faster :)
Omg8>>mage>>5040
Sniper97>>archer>>131
Death chil>>dwarf>>125
Im-bored>>sword>>110
I-mine>>dwarf>>316
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Keeping up a speed over a minute is one thing, but when people claim they can keep up their highest speeds over several hours it becomes more dubious. Generally speaking, if someone is doing some activity at the absolute peak of their human limitations it is not something that can be maintained for an indefinite time.

Guess it depends on what one considers a "prolonged" time.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I was hoping for some more input, but it doesn't surprise me.

Shawn wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:34 pm It's not hard really, just painful after a while. I've consistently hit 7 per second over a minutes time using an app that you can set a time limit on and tap your screen, I have no idea how fast I tap in ft because of server lag. You just have to be fast I guess xD
PS. I think the app is in the play store under tap faster :)

I never asked about how fast you can tap, I asked about casting 7 spells per second. I chose my words carefully, as I too can achieve over 7 taps per second as proven here quite some time ago. However just like I described in that thread, anything over "5" (6, 8, etc) gets throttled by half. I don't know if this is from server lag or what, but it's fairly consistent when I run my tests.

I discovered this very early when playing a mage by my mana not depleting as fast as it should when I was tapping 6 taps per second. Having studied and played music for many years; "tapping" 8th note triplets at a tempo of 120 with just my thumb really ain't that hard. After lots of testing on multiple devices, 4G, WiFi, and even recently playing on PC this "throttle" still remains.

I've also randomly asked players (without mentioning the throttling) how it is possible to achieve 7 actual casts per second, and oddly enough from a few I heard the same answer of "14" taps per second is how you actually achieve 7 casts per second. Funny how that falls in-line with anything over 5 being throttled by half... but anyways.

With a simple google search, I found examples (with video proof) of some "record" taps that equate to around 14 taps per second. However, this requires using 2 fingers (preferred is index and thumb) which I can accept as plausible for FT, but also tapping on 2 different "points" in their app of choice. This might seem irrelevant, but if you watch those videos you'll know exactly what I mean and how it wouldn't work for FT.

So, in light of all of this I can only assume there are 2 possibilities:

1. Everybody just thinks they're casting 7 times per second when tapping 7 times per second, but never actually took the time to test things out and are not only wasting effort by tapping that fast; you're also getting less "casts" over time rather than slowing down to 5. If you fall into this scenario, you're welcome for telling you the secret.

2. If you are actually casting 7 spells per second by tapping the theoretical 14 times per second; I congratulate you for being a faster tapper (and having tremendous endurance) than those that have posted their "record" taps online with video proof due to the extra movement required when focusing on only 1 point rather than 2. If you even wanna call that tapping, I call it shaking tbh. Watch the videos and you'll see what I mean.

Well, technically there is a 3rd option... but nobody ever cheats in FT ;)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Cashew wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:37 am Well, technically there is a 3rd option... but nobody ever cheats in FT ;)
meeeeee-owzers! Great read...

Me, I tap the mouse button "maybe" 3-5 times a second ... but my fairy is only level 130ish so 5 second max of mana and "that's all folks!" :D

And if on my tablets .. the stylist does the hitting so; slow.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Well I think I can reliably tap 7 per second, because when they nerfed spell casting speed I could only reach 40k armor before the spell ran out, when the 7 per sec restored I can hit 80k armor before spell runs out.
Omg8>>mage>>5040
Sniper97>>archer>>131
Death chil>>dwarf>>125
Im-bored>>sword>>110
I-mine>>dwarf>>316
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Cast 7 armor spells slowly, check the number.

Do it again, just to make sure you get the same number.

Cast 7 armor spells at your 7 taps/sec rate, compare with first number.

Do the same thing, just to compare. Depending on speed, this number might vary.

Very easy way to test, I did it just now on my mage about 5 times and the slower speed has a higher armor afterwards.
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

It's because the game only registers a tap every .126 seconds or something so if you tap 3 time in that frame only 1 will register
Omg8>>mage>>5040
Sniper97>>archer>>131
Death chil>>dwarf>>125
Im-bored>>sword>>110
I-mine>>dwarf>>316