Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gesus
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 am

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Gesus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:59 am

rearrow wrote:I think it would be fair if mages still had the potential to do a little more dmg than others as similar levels.
this because the mage player needs tobash the button constantly and is extra influenced by lag if missing these buttons.

some ideas:

but to do this extra dmg should take skill. maybe having to so a certain combo.

and at high lvls, approx mean 700+ the dmg increaseshould decline rapidly. the higher the lvl the less extra dmg is added with each manna point.

or maybe a max on dmg based independent of lvl.
this max dmg could be wand dependent. the want would only be able to channel a certain max of energy.

high lvl equipment with specif magical protection could also help.

beaR in mind i dont play magesmuch so i can only talk from a 'victim' poibt of view.
Completely agree on everything you have said here. As a 2k mage player. This seems very fair.

Especially the magic protection on armour. it is a bit unfair that i can 5-6 hit a lvl 100 ( depending on class) but mages them selfs also should have same armour. But only on gear up to a certin lvl. Point.

This would help a lot of lowers lvls have a chance to bail out if on clan map and a lvl 2k walks up to attack.

To do this would be 2 ways ( number guessing)

1. Make it so Magic Protection Armour(MPA) does 50% less dam from a mages mana for the first 3-5 sec this giving the lower lvl a chance to escape

2. Make the "MPA" 30% protection from a mages mana. ( same as Dwarf skill)
Knight-2037

FT NEEDS A TOUGH VOICE. IM HAPPY TO BE THAT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING THAT

JUST BECAUSE I ROAR DOSENT ALWAYS MEAN I'M MAD. SOMETIME I JUST WANT TO BE HEARD

WE PAY WE SAY!!!
Asmodeous
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Asmodeous » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:19 am

I still reckon bump up the dwarfs spellshield to 70%. Because now if we have a spell that gives us 30% resiliance. It wipes the floor with their skill.
Gesus
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 am

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Gesus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 am

Asmodeous wrote:I still reckon bump up the dwarfs spellshield to 70%. Because now if we have a spell that gives us 30% resiliance. It wipes the floor with their skill.

Yes the biggest class to fix is mage. Because they are the most OP. Ounce we fix mage class then thats the foundation we need to build off to fix the other classes
Knight-2037

FT NEEDS A TOUGH VOICE. IM HAPPY TO BE THAT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING THAT

JUST BECAUSE I ROAR DOSENT ALWAYS MEAN I'M MAD. SOMETIME I JUST WANT TO BE HEARD

WE PAY WE SAY!!!
User avatar
rearrow
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 am

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by rearrow » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:49 am

Gesus wrote:
rearrow wrote:I think it would be fair if mages still had the potential to do a little more dmg than others as similar levels.
this because the mage player needs tobash the button constantly and is extra influenced by lag if missing these buttons.

some ideas:

but to do this extra dmg should take skill. maybe having to so a certain combo.

and at high lvls, approx mean 700+ the dmg increaseshould decline rapidly. the higher the lvl the less extra dmg is added with each manna point.

or maybe a max on dmg based independent of lvl.
this max dmg could be wand dependent. the want would only be able to channel a certain max of energy.

high lvl equipment with specif magical protection could also help.

beaR in mind i dont play magesmuch so i can only talk from a 'victim' poibt of view.
Completely agree on everything you have said here. As a 2k mage player. This seems very fair.

Especially the magic protection on armour. it is a bit unfair that i can 5-6 hit a lvl 100 ( depending on class) but mages them selfs also should have same armour. But only on gear up to a certin lvl. Point.

This would help a lot of lowers lvls have a chance to bail out if on clan map and a lvl 2k walks up to attack.

To do this would be 2 ways ( number guessing)

1. Make it so Magic Protection Armour(MPA) does 50% less dam from a mages mana for the first 3-5 sec this giving the lower lvl a chance to escape

2. Make the "MPA" 30% protection from a mages mana. ( same as Dwarf skill)

See I aint that much of a mage hater ;)

i leave the details and formulas to those who are better at that ans who got the experience playing mages.
Asmodeous
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Asmodeous » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 am

A bit late on my reply. But blitz. Your right. 100% balance via numbers would be pretty boring. Getting it all "near enough" would allow skill to prevail in some circumstances.

The way ive seen it is that no other class can heal or match the dps the mage class can. Which is why attack speed mods and reworking the stats was suggested. It doesnt actually matter if the other classes get slightly more dps in pvp because they lack the ability to heal. When your healing you arent damaging either.

Just got to work. Ill probably add more to this.
Asmodeous
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Asmodeous » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 am

Then you have to limit knife spams aswell. I play a sword occassionally. Knife spamming is golden. The idea is to run them out of freeze pots and keep them still. Why not keep freeze pots the way they are. But have a slow affect applied by freeze arrow? This means the person can still flee. But under slow.

In essence that'l give everyone a slowing effect. Im not so sure what to do with knife spamming on that, maybe not give it the slow effect. But not limit spams either aswell as reducing the cost so its viable.
Asmodeous
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Asmodeous » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Forums gone a bit quiet. Whats peoples moral like? Hows the staff doing?

Figured Id post since ive been checking regularly and its gone a bit dead.
Gesus
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 am

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Gesus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Asmodeous wrote:Forums gone a bit quiet. Whats peoples moral like? Hows the staff doing?

Figured Id post since ive been checking regularly and its gone a bit dead.
I agree here. Yesterday was a major break threw in the game if you ask me. Everyone we suggesting ideas. And right now thays what we need.

We need to be bouncing ideas off each other to see what everyone thinks is a good idea and not a good idea. This way we're not adding somthing a lot of players don't or didn't want.


COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY. ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

Silance dose not solve anything

It is the only way to insure the game is not what only 1 person wants but a majority of the players
Knight-2037

FT NEEDS A TOUGH VOICE. IM HAPPY TO BE THAT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING THAT

JUST BECAUSE I ROAR DOSENT ALWAYS MEAN I'M MAD. SOMETIME I JUST WANT TO BE HEARD

WE PAY WE SAY!!!
blitzcraig
Posts: 3032
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:00 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by blitzcraig » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:50 pm

as for limiting knife spams, is it as simple as combining speed pot and unfreeze pot and have it do this: unfreeze if frozen, unstun if stunned, unslow if slowed, plus speed + 1 (or 2) and immunity to slow, stun, and freeze for like 2-5 seconds?
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
Gesus
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 am

Re: Concrete suggestions to balance classes etc.

Post by Gesus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm

blitzcraig wrote:as for limiting knife spams, is it as simple as combining speed pot and unfreeze pot and have it do this: unfreeze if frozen, unstun if stunned, unslow if slowed, plus speed + 1 (or 2) and immunity to slow, stun, and freeze for like 2-5 seconds?
This would help to combining speed and unfreeze with backpack space. There have been many people who wish that they could buy 2 extra backpacks. Because of all of the pots and stuns you need to carry now days
Knight-2037

FT NEEDS A TOUGH VOICE. IM HAPPY TO BE THAT. I HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING THAT

JUST BECAUSE I ROAR DOSENT ALWAYS MEAN I'M MAD. SOMETIME I JUST WANT TO BE HEARD

WE PAY WE SAY!!!
Post Reply